Early Sunsets Over Newark

Miracles Happen

Miracles apparently do happen. Were we anyone else, we might have had heart attacks and peed ourselves. Somehow, the more I thought about traveling with My Chemical Romance, the more the thought set in. I was going to be traveling with My Chemical Romance, one of my favorite bands, and the thought should have killed me. It should have killed both of us. Somehow, it didn't. Sammy maneuvered her suitcase out from the crushed car, and I grabbed our carton of cigarettes and we climbed onto the bus.

It was magical. like Alice going into Wonderland for the very first time. It was like losing your virginity, only a lot more uncomfortable and a little less embarrassing. Gerard took Sammy's suitcase and placed it somewhere in the back of the bus.

"I hope you guys don't mind sleeping out here on the couches. If that's a problem I can give up my bunk."

I plopped down on one of said couches, with Sam sitting right next to me. The bus truly was magical. The walls were white, the lights were bright. The kitchen was huge. I couldn't believe all of this fit onto a single bus. It was like an apartment on wheels. i was highly impressed. Then again, what could be expected for five of the most popular musicians in the world? I definitely had never thought about it before. I also never imagined that it would smell like fruit and wood cleaner. Frank sat across from us, on a couch opposite. He smoked his Newport King cigarette hands-free, and blew smoke in circular shapes. He stared intently, hesitating when he pulled his cigarette from his mouth and tried to start speaking.

"Well, I hope you guys will be comfortable here. It can get a little crazy. Where are you guys headed?"

Sammy didn't take her eyes off Frank. For a moment, I thought they were having an eye staring contest until Frank blinked and the both kept staring. She did, however, bring herself to say "West."

"How far west?" Frank spoke, harsh, like a bullet entering a gel mannequin. I was almost fearful.

"California." Sammy answered him, just as harsh if not with more bite. I could tell this was going to get crazy, just as Gerard had forewarned.

"Alright, well, that's gonna take a while. Cause see, he have to make shows all across the east coast before we can even head in that direction. So, I hope you guys don't mind. You can stay here if you don't have anywhere else." He wasn't how I had imagined him. Gerard seemed much too nice.

"Or we can get you a hotel and a taxi." Frank sneered.

"Or we can stay here." Sammy seemed to get more and more poisonous every time she opened her mouth. Frank could tell, because he leaned back, and looked up at Gerard.

"I'm telling you, Gee. This is gonna end bad."

Sammy ground her teeth together before spitefully murmuring. "You just might be right."
♠ ♠ ♠
Read, Rate, Comment, Subscribe. <3