‹ Prequel: You're My Heroin
Status: On Hiatus: Sorry :(

Broken Stars.

Warped

"Don't say that! It has... Where did you put them!?" I squealed as I ran through the house.

"Shawn, I don't know where I put them! Calm down, I'll get us more!"

Austin misplaced our Warped Tour tickets, and I really want to go! This will be my first official big show, and you have absolutely no idea how excited I am for it!

"No I don't wanna-" I paused as I looked at the brilliant thin card stalk pieces in front of me. "FOUND THEM!"

"You did? Where were they?"

"On the fridge!"

"Oh... Oh yeah! I remember now!" Austin laughed. I shot him a joking glare before running past him and up the stairs. "Hey can you get my shoes while you're up there?"

"Uh... Which ones?" I called back. Today was one of the most exciting days I've ever had. Sure I've been to concerts, but I've never been to a big one like this.

"Doesn't matter... Well get the Vans, you better wear some too!" I looked down at my feet to confirm that the shoes I was wear were in fact Vans. Then I dug through Austins closet for his black slip ons for him since I can't for the life of me remember what he was wearing. Black goes with everything right?

I ran back down the stairs and grabbed Austin; pulling him quickly out the door with me.

"Shawn! Shawn! I don't have my shoes!"

"I have them! You can put them on in the car! We have to go!"

"I promise we'll make it there on time!" He laughed. "They're not going to just up and leave."

"I know I know! Just get in the car!" I opened the driver side door for him, and waited for him to get in before handing him his shoes. Then I took a few steps back so I could run and slide over the hood. Which I might add probably sounds cooler then it actually looked.

Austin was laughing when I got in. "You know, you are the cutest but dorkiest kid I have ever met."

"Mh.. Whatever. Drive!" I begged, or whined. It was really hard to tell what I was doing when all I could think about was who I was going to meet, and what appendage of mine I was going to make the lesser bands sign. Lesser bands get appendages so my favorite ones can sign actual things that wont be washed.

We parked in a fairly decent parking spot and I bolted out my door. Of course we were early, but we weren't the first ones there. Nope, that was Catie and Maren. They sat in front of the gates at the front of the line. Trevor and Jaide would be joining us later.

"Austin! Come on!" I shouted as I ran in place. He slipped on his shoes and ran over to me.

"Alright, we're here! Look Catie and Maren are waving us over to them. We'll be the first few people to get in. So don't worry about it." He said, trying to calm me down.

"Gah okay okay, sorry." It was extraordinarily difficult for me not to run over to them, but Austin kept me by his side.

"Hey guys!" Maren cheered as her and Catie both gave us a hug.

"Hey!" Austin and I laughed in unison.

"What time did you guys get here?" I asked, Catie's eyes had deep circles under them, telling me she didn't sleep.

"Yesterday. Maren slept on me... I didn't bring a pillow."

"Yeah, I'm glad she has a chest." Maren laughed and poked Catie's boob. Catie shrugged and sat back down, leaning her head against the brick wall behind her.

We sat around for what seemed like forever. People of all ages and of all sizes started to gather around. Austin and I both noticed the chuckling girls behind us and rolled our eyes. I know I'm not hideous, but I really went out of my way to look taken and gay today. Guess my attempts failed.

"So... Who are you guys coming here for?" One of the overly teased hair girls asked after she tapped my shoulder a couple of times.

I turned around and said "You baby. You come here often?" with the cheekiest grin I could muster. Austin snorted out a muffle laugh before turning away.

"Mm, is that so? Well, my name's Jen." I turned around when she introduced herself; trying my best to drown out each and every word she said. Austin was covering his face because he was really doing his best not to laugh. "We're from-"

"Hah, you wanna know something funny?" I asked as I turned back around. Just because I'm not listening, doesn't mean I can't hear her incessant babbling.

"Oh what?"

"That you think I actually give a shit." Austin busted out laughing when I said that, I glanced over and he was holding his sides; giggling uncontrollably.

"What?" So she's stupid as well as annoying.

"I honestly don't care who you are, or where your from. It was nice of you to engage me in conversation, but I'm not getting in your pants tonight, nor is my boyfriend over there." Her jaw dropped when I pointed at the gasping Austin.

"You're gay?"

"No I'm a girl." Austin had just about had it at that point. He was on the ground with his face in his hands.

"What?"

"Oh my fucking God, just turn around. Turn around now, and forget we ever talked."

"Jeeze! You don't have to be a douche about it." I shook my head and turned around. Catie's left eyebrow was cocked as if saying 'is she fucking serious?' and Maren was smiling from ear to ear as she pointed to our two other friends in the distance.

Jaide and Trevor made there way up to us and Austin retold the story of what I just did. Honestly I didn't think it was that funny, but he sure did.

After another hour they finally let us in. To be honest I was expecting like elephants and fireworks, but it was amazing none the less.

Every one was like family there; except for the few girls who'd come by and hit on either Austin or myself...That got rather annoying, but it was flattering none the less.

Of course Austin bought me anything and everything I looked at. I begged and pleaded with him to not too, but he wouldn't listen. So I decided to test my luck.

"Oh shit..." I whispered, looking in the direction of some merch booth.

"What?"

"I... No no... You've already bought me too much."

"No I haven't! What is it?"

"Nah nah, it's nothing, let's just move on." I said slyly, pretending to leave the area.

"Shawn, if you don't tell me what exactly you want, I'll buy the whole booth."

"Well... Fine. I want those shorts." He glanced over to the shorts I was pointing at then looked back at me with the same look Catie gave me earlier.

"Uh... The shorts... Those shorts right there? The booty shorts?"

"Yeah... Those shorts. I want those shorts."

"Oh kay..." He asked for the shorts and handed the vendor the money. "You are the weirdest-"

"I'm going to wear these all the time; I hope you know that." He rolled his eyes and took my hand in his so he could pull me away from the merch tables. "This will teach you."

"Teach me what?" He gawked, I thought my lesson was pretty clear.

"Not to buy me shit, the rest of the stuff I'll ever eye, or ask for will be completely ridiculous."

"That's fine baby. As long as it makes you happy." This time I rolled my eyes as he planted a big 'your plan failed so you can suck it.' kiss on my cheek.

The night waned on and I just didn't want to go; everyone was so nice there. People walked around with free hug signs on, and I definitely took advantage of that.

Eventually Austin talked me into leaving, swearing that he'd take me to an Denny's not to far away where he was sure some bands would be going too.

We did see a couple of bands there too! We all talked and actually got some phone numbers. In the middle of a conversation I was having my phone decided... More or less... Well I guess phones can't just decided to go- Someone called me.

"Hello?" I didn't even bother checking the caller ID.

"Hey Shawn... It's Steven... I'm in kind of a pickle, and I know it's late and... I need you to come get me out."

"Are you in jail?"

"Yeah... Hah... I'll pay you and Austin back I swear, I... I don't want to be in here. Can you come get me?"

"Who is that?" Austin asked, his face etched with worry. I'm guessing he thinks it's Catie.

I held up my finger and turned back to my phone. "Yeah we'll be there in a minute... Which one are you at?"

"Orange county... Please hurry."

"Mhm." I hung up and turned to Austin. I know he doesn't like Steven, and I know he's not going to like actually going out of his way with his money to help him...

"Who was it?"

"Steven... He needs our help..."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's summer!
I'll be trying my very best to update a whole lot more!
But I need your guys comments from now on to motivate me :)
Thank you for all your support!!