Sequel: New Beginnings
Status: COMPLETE!!

Hollywood Sniper

Chapter 32

Chapter 32
We were finally settled into our house and I was in the kitchen trying to cook dinner when I heard Nick talking to Annabelle, “hey baby girl, I love you so much I don’t know what I’d do if you weren’t in my life.” Annabelle had no clue what he was saying so she just giggled at him because it was the only thing she could do being a few months old.
I knew that Nick was going to be a hands on father but I didn’t think he would be this hands on, since we moved in hasn’t done anything besides hang around with Annabelle or I and I felt really bad about keeping him from everyone. “Nick can you come into the kitchen please?” I asked him still stirring what was hopefully macaroni and cheese.
He walked in the kitchen holding Annabelle and playing around with her, he placed her in her high chair “Brooke what did you need to talk to me about?” Nick said coming behind me and wrapping his arms around me.
“I think you should bring your brothers and Dani down here so you can hang out with them, you spend all your time at home and I just don’t want you to think that just because Annabelle is born you don’t have to be by our side all the time.” I said turning around in his grasp so I was facing him.
“Brooke I’m choosing to stay here because I know that after the rodeo down in Houston me and my brothers are going on tour, I’m just trying to spend as much time with my family as I can.” Nick said giving me a kiss, “Brooke if that’s supposed to me mac and cheese you’re doing a horrible job.” Nick said trying to lighten the mood.
I just laughed at him, “Since your such the chef you do the cooking and ill play with Annabelle since someone has been hogging her from her mother.” I said picking up Annabelle and bringing her into the living room with me so we could play with toys together.
After a few more minutes of playing with my daughter Nick called us into the kitchen for dinner that also included Big Mike because he was living with us now to help us with Annabelle and everything else. We ate dinner, but Annabelle just had to watch because she had her dinner before Nick called us into the kitchen. “Did you feed Annabelle already?” Nick asked looking over at her.
“Yeah I fed her right before you called us into the kitchen, she actually just finished a few seconds before you said anything. She just has great timing.” I said putting a forkful of noodles into my mouth.
“Just like her daddy,” Nick then turned to Annabelle, “isn’t that right sweet pea, yes your just like your daddy.” Nick said in a baby voice then kissed her forehead and went back to his food.
“She might have your personality but she’s got my looks, which she was lucky in her case; but she does have your curls and I absolutely love your curls.” I said sitting getting off of my seat and walking over to straddle Nick’s lap and lean down to kiss him.
“And this is my cue to leave, come on Annabelle let’s leave the lovebirds you call your parents to have a private grown up time.” Big Mike said getting up and taking Annabelle with him.
Nick and I just giggled, “Now where were we?” Nick said leaning up and giving me a kiss, before the kiss could get any more heated the power went out. “BIG MIKE WHERE ARE YOU, AND DO YOU HAVE ANNABELLE?” Nick screamed through the house.
“MR. JONAS I HAVE ANNABELLE, WE ARE IN THE GUEST ROOM DOWNSTAIRS BY THE LIVING ROOM.” Big Mike yelled back to us, then Nick and I heard Annabelle crying and knew we had to find her ASAP.
I didn’t know where the noise was coming from but then I heard Annabelle start crying and out of instincts I got up and followed her screams. Nick and I held hands as we finally made it to where Annabelle was crying her eyes out, I grabbed her from Big Mike and soothed her, “Annabelle baby please calm down, it’s okay baby girl momma’s got you, momma’s got you you’ll be fine sweet pea.” I said bouncing her and rubbing her back trying to get her to calm down.
Annabelle eventually calmed down and I completely zoned out on what Nick and Big Mike were talking about, “Brooke Big Mike and I are going outside we are going to check to see what’s wrong, we’ll be back shortly.” Nick said giving me a kiss.
I grabbed his arm and brought him back to me, “Nick don’t leave me, please don’t just let Big Mike do this please I need you here with me.” I said scared because it was dark and I had our daughter still crying in my arms.
Nick just sighed and before he could say anything, “Nick stay inside with your family I’ll go outside by myself it’s no big deal.” Big Mike said walking out the front door.
“I like it when Big Mike calls you Nick instead of Mr. Jonas, it just sounds to formal and reminds me way too much of your dad.” I said giggling as I held Annabelle closer to me. Nick didn’t say anything after my comment so I figured he wasn’t standing in front of me anymore, or he was just being unusually quiet in our pitch black house. Before I could say anything the lights came back on and Nick wasn’t around, which freaked me out because I had no idea when he left or what happened to him.
“Okay Mr. Jonas I figured out the problem, something hit your electric box and it caused the power to go out.” Big Mike said but then raised an eyebrow when he didn’t see Nick anywhere in sight. Big Mike turned to me “Miss. Gates do you know where Mr. Jonas went?” he asked me.
“No I don’t and it’s freaking me out, but um Big Mike do you think you could call us by our names and not Mr. or Miss. I just think it’s too formal for us.” I said to Big Mike.
“Of course Brooke, would you like me to take Annabelle to bed tonight while you go find Nick?” Big Mike asked.
“It’s okay I’ll take her, you had a long day so you’re free to do whatever you want for the rest of the night or until Nick or I have to go anywhere.” I said to him, he excused himself ad walked outside to go to the guest house. “Okay Annabelle I’m going to take you to bed and then I’m going to find daddy because I have no clue where he went.” I said to my baby girl while walking upstairs to her room.
I looked everywhere for Nick and I still couldn’t find him, I was seriously getting freaked out and I wanted all of this fear to go away. I never had fear before and when I quit my job and started dating Nick the feeling came to me and I really don’t like it and I wish it would go away, I finally found like a secret door underneath the staircase and I followed it. I saw a light on and followed the light I heard some music playing and then I heard Nick sing something, I didn’t know what he was doing but I intended to find out so I sat in the doorway and watched him sing his heart out into a microphone.
Nick turned around and went wide eyed when he saw me, “Brooke what are you doing here?” Nick said confused as to why I found him.
“Sorry I was just looking for my fiancée and I saw this door so I followed it, what is this place Nick?” I said walking into the room and looking at all the walls.
“it’s kind of like my mini recording studio, I figured that it would be my secret escape whenever I needed to relieve some stress or something like that. I was going to tell you eventually, but I figured that you wouldn’t really be interested because you’re so wrapped up in Annabelle.” Nick said putting his headphone on the rack and walking over to me.
“Are you stressed right now?” I asked confused as to why he could be stressed.
“I honestly don’t know, you’re just acting strange and I don’t know what’s going on with you; I’m not saying that you’ve changed from who I fell in love with its just that you seem different since Annabelle came into our lives.” Nick said to me.
I didn’t know how to respond to this but I had to think of something, “it’s just that I never grew up knowing what fear was, when I met you it became part of me; like me getting engaged to you I had a fear you would find out who I truly was and leave me, or when I found out I was pregnant I had a fear that I would end up killing the baby, and when I couldn’t find you after the lights came on I freaked out because I thought I lost you. I guess I’m so use to you being there all the time that I get scared and freak out when you’re not near me because I think I lost you, because I’ve lost so many people in my life that I can’t bear to lose someone I love so much.” I said tears threatening to leave my eyes but ii held them back.
Nick wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug, “Brooke its okay I’m not going anywhere we are going to be together forever, that I promise you. I think the reason fear came into your life is you knew what it felt like to be loved and to have someone love you back and be around you all the time, that when they actually do go away this feeling comes out and you do what you’ve only known to do.” Nick said this and the tears left my eyes and cascaded down my cheeks, most likely leaving mascara lines down my face.
Nick and I walked upstairs and got ready for bed, the lights were off and we were wrapped up in each other’s arms when Nick broke the silence, “Brooke, you know I’d never leave you or Annabelle I just want you to know that you won’t lose me or our daughter because we will always be with you.” Nick said kissing my bare shoulder.
I turned around to face Nick so I was looking him in the eyes, “I know Nick, you don’t have to remind me because you show me every day.” I said kissing him, when I tried to pull away Nick deepened the kiss and I knew where this was going but I didn’t even try to stop it.
I threw my leg over Nick’s lower body so I was straddling him; I leaned over and turned on his lamp so I could see his face. I leaned down and kissed him again, his hand started in my hair then went down my back and to my ass which he started to rub, which caused me to moan into the kiss and he smirked. “God Brooke you are so sexy when you moan.” Nick said against my lips. I felt his hands go underneath my short nightgown and start pulling it over my head so I was left in only my panties, I lowered my lips to Nick’s neck then started kissing his chest and went to his pants. I was about to pull them down when I heard commotion coming from Annabelle’s room and her scream.
Hearing that Nick shot out of bed and ran to her while I threw my nightgown on over my body, I followed Nick into Annabelle’s room and saw a guy holding Annabelle in one arm and choking Nick with his other hand. “Let me leave with the baby and nobody gets hurt?” the man said, he was dressed in all black and had a mask covering his face. “How do you shut this damn kid up?” he said looking at a crying Annabelle.
“Let me have her and she’ll stop crying, she needs to be fed again and she won’t stop until she’s fed.” I said not lying because she usually woke up wanting something to eat.
“Go get her a bottle I don’t have all night darling.” He said with a snarky tone.
“She doesn’t drink formula she is still breastfeeding, I need to hold her in order to feed her.” I said back to him, lying because I always gave her a bottle of my breast milk at night.
“Fine take her.” He said forcefully handing her over to me, “while you do that ill beat the shit out of your husband.” He said throwing punches at Nick.
I quickly put Annabelle in her crib and hit the button to signal Big Mike to come up to the room and save us, but until then I had to take matters into my own hand. “Hey asshole,” I said punching him in the face, “don’t touch my daughter or my fiancée.” I said punching him again.
He got up and hit me a few times, then he pulled out some martial arts moves, so I had to come out with my own moves on him; he would jump and kick while I ducked and blocked him, he punched me a few times because I looked over at Nick to see him lying on the floor holding his nose. I screamed at Nick, “Nick take Annabelle downstairs I can handle this guy.” I said dodging a punch and grabbing his hand and twisting it so he flipped onto the ground and onto his back, I saw him just lying on the floor helpless and started kicking him a few times then he grabbed my ankle and made me fall onto the floor right beside him. He jumped up and sat on my stomach punching me a few times but my face was numb so I didn’t feel anything, i was just lying there and when he thought I was passed out he got up off of me and went towards the window. I got up off the floor and reached for my gun I had hidden behind the door, I really had no idea why it was there but it was, I grabbed it and pulled back the trigger “who the hell are you and why are you in my god damn house.” I said with anger in my voice.
He turned around with his hands in the air, I quickly clapped my hands so the lights in the room would come, and when they did I saw who this kidnapper was. “Jonathan said you were good, but he didn’t say you were that talented.” He said messing with his jaw trying to move it back into place.
“I don’t want to hear about the agency just tell my why you’re trying to take my daughter?” I asked walking towards the man.
“Jonathan wanted the kid because you would be depressed without her and want to give up your life and that would mean you were dead and the Jonas Brothers would be an easy target again.” He said backing up till he was backed against the open window, he clearly came in.
“When you leave tell Jonathan I said hi,” I said before pulling the trigger and shooting him point blank in the throat, “when you see him in hell.” I said putting the gun back in its original position then I went downstairs to find Nick and Big Mike holding Annabelle and trying to get her to stop crying.
“Who was that guy?” Nick said coming up to me and giving me a hug; I winched from the pain and pushed him off of me.
I went to sit down next to Big Mike and Annabelle, “he was from the agency apparently if they take Annabelle I would be so depressed that I would kill myself and then you and your brothers would be an open target again.” I said not caring that Big Mike was in the room and hearing about my past.
“Brooke ill go get you some ice and medicine for those aches and pains, I would’ve been up there but Nick told me to stay down here because you handled everything.” Big Mike said walking out of the room.
Nick and I just sat in silence hoping for Annabelle to fall back asleep so we could have an adult conversation, Nick finally took her upstairs and then Big Mike came into the room with my ice pack and pain pills. After I finished my pills and put the ice pack on my eye Big Mike asked questions, “Brooke who is Jonathan and how did you learn to fight like that, I saw a little bit of the action and that was pure genius.” He said leaning towards me interested in what I had to say.
“To sum it up, I was an agent out to kill the brothers, fell in love, got engaged, got pregnant, and now the agency is after me and the entire Jonas clan. Oh and before you ask about the gun I have one taped behind every door in the house for safety purposes like tonight, but hopefully we won’t need to be using those anytime soon.” I said laughing, trying to kill the tension that was in the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
this iis for another comment i got yesterday, i didnt ubdate because i was so tired that i didnt...sorry
anywho for the sequel (im still questioning if i should post it) i need a wife for Joe so if anybody wants to marry Joe then message me and i'll give you the part
comments are lovley by the way (just fyi if you didnt know already)