Status: Not sure how often this will be updated, but I will try and work on it as much as possible.

The Road You Travel On

Prologue

Time. Such a broad concept. It goes on forever. There will always be time. But, in the same respect, there will never be enough. We will never have enough time.

And to think...we live as though we've all the time in the world. We put things off, thinking that somehow there will be time to do those things later. And with this feeling of everlasting time comes a sense of invincibility. We live as though we'll live forever.

But one day, it will end.

You can fight with me over your belief in faith and everlasting life. But as far as the mortal human life goes...no one lives forever. Not even in the memories of others.

Throughout my life, I've taken advantage of the time I've had. The time I've had with others. The time I've had in places that are to be savored. EVen the time I've had with myself. All of it, I've taken for granted. And with this, I have felt regret. Regret for not answering a call. Regret for not staying five more minutes. Regret for the things I've done. Regret for the things I haven't.

It seems time and regret run hand-in-hand. Or maybe that's just me.

When you are a child, you always spend your days wishing to be older, for time to pass quickly. Whether out of excitement for what is to come, or part of the feeling of restraint, always surrounded by rules, I'll never know. But now that I'm an adult, I feel like time is slipping away from me. I feel like there's never enough. I find myself wishing for that extra hour that never comes.

It's almost like I can feel myself getting older. Like sand in an hourglass, I can see time slipping away from me. And I can never get it back.

Maybe that's why I find myself holding onto my childhood more now than I ever did as a child. Part of me wishes it'd gone by slower.

Time. The only eternal element. Time is fleeting. It lasts only a moment; the blink of an eye and it's gone. But at the same time...it expands to infinity.

And yet there's never enough.

I wish I'd made more...
♠ ♠ ♠
New story. It runs about 75-25 of autobiography-fiction. The flashbacks are real to my life. But I have constructed the 'present time' around that.
I hope you all enjoy this one. Because this...this may just be the best thing I ever do.