Status: Active

Defying Gravity

Chapter 9

Monday finally came and it was time to go back to school.

I had only slept at least three hours last night, thanks to Sam putting on patrol for half of the night.

I walked into the kitchen to find Jake already up and eating breakfast and from the look of his face, he wasn’t happy one bit.

I looked to the other side of the table and frowned, Paul was sat there with a huge grin plastered across his face.

I gave a heavy sigh and shook my head.

“Morning Jake… Paul.” I said running a hand through Jakes messy bed hair and then kissing the top of his head.

I walked over to the cupboard to get some bread, then walked over to the over counter and put it in the toast.

I turned around and glared at Paul. “What are you doing here Paul?” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Taking you to school, what else would I be doing here?” He said rolling his eyes and stuffed his hands into his jeans pockets.

“Well, I don’t know, do I? I don’t pretend to know what goes on in that tiny little brain of your.”
Jake laughed into his cup of coffee and I snorted and grabbed my toast and sat down next to him.

“Dads gone fishing with Charley and if your not going out later, be nice, Bella’s coming over, we’re fixing the bikes today, ok?” Jake pleaded with me.

“Bella, as in Bella Swan?” Jake nodded and I continued “Yeah sure, I’ll be nice, as long as you don’t be too loud, I want to sleep.” I said laughing.

Jake’s mouth hung open. He must have thought that I was going crazy; I never slept in the day. I shook my head and got up.

“See you in school Jake.” I smiled at him and he smiled back. I turned to Paul and frowned. “Come on, let’s go.”

We walked out into the cold morning air, but at least it didn’t look like it was going to rain today. For once.

I got into Paul’s beat up old car and got my sunglasses out of my bag.

Hopefully no one would notice me with him, but I knew that was highly unlikely, since he never drove girls to school, he would just ditch them in the mornings. God, he is such a man whore.

Paul got into the driver seat and started the engine. He turned the radio on and put with the volume on full.

We drove down the road and I notice Jared walking by himself.

“How long?” I asked.
He looked at me confused. “How long until, what?”

“Until he… becomes one of us.”

“Not to long. One more push should do it.” I nodded and he continued. “I’m surprised he didn’t faze for the first time when you told him, that you two couldn’t be friends anymore, but I think that almost made him cross the line.”

My brow met in the middle. How could he know about my conversation with Jared the other day and he wasn’t on patrol with me? He wasn’t there when I told Jared, was he?

“I was in the forest after patrolling and I fazed back and found the conversation fun to listen to.” He gave a small laugh.

His laugh sounded so good to my ears and it made me smile. No, I have got to stop thinking stupid thoughts like that; I just need to remember that it’s Paul Parker I’m dealing with here.

The rest of the journey was silent, I kept looking up at the bright blue shy, it had no clouds at all today, which made me smile knowing that there was only a rear chance that it was going to rain today.

I didn’t realise even realise that the car had stopped until I heard Paul’s door slam.

I slowly got out of the car and walked up to Paul.

“So are you coming cliff diving with me and Sam tonight or are you going to stay home and baby sit your brother and that Swan girl?” He asked not taking his eyes off of my face.

“Yeah, I’ll come. I really can’t be bothered to stay at home and watch Bella string my brother along. She can really get on my last nerves, now that her vampire boyfriend is gone she’s come crawling back to my brother.” I gave a heavy sigh.

I looked around and notice that there was nobody on the school ground. How strange, I looked at my watch and noticed that we were five minutes late.

And to top it off Jared was late to and was walking up the same pathway we were heading for.

Paul put his arm around my shoulders.

“Paul, get off of me.” I shrugged is arm off of my shoulders.

I looked at Paul and he had a mischievous look on his face.

He leant down and whispered in my year. “Trust me; I’m trying to get you what you want. Just keep tell me to get off of you, ok?”

I looked at him and he smiled and nodded in Jared’s direction. That’s when I realised what he was about to do, he was about to get me my best friend back, but there was a price to pay for what he was about to do and that price would change Jared’s life for good.

Paul started leading us off the path and towards the woods.

This time he paced his arm around my waist. I only had second to decide what I wanted and in the end I decided what was better for the both us.

I pushed Paul away from me. “Paul, got off of me, let me go. I don’t want to do this with you.”

I knew that it was selfish of me to do this, to act like Paul was making me do something that I didn’t want to do, but I wanted my best friend back so badly and I couldn’t stand see the hurt in his eyes, because I left him and have to wait until the day he changes on his own, I just couldn’t.

Paul understood what I was doing and started pulling me along again.

I could see Jared looking at us with a confused and worried look on his face.

Paul could see that he had to try and make it look like I really needed Jared’s help so he wouldn’t go running inside looking for a teacher to help.

So Paul lifted me up without warning and threw me over his shoulder. It knocked the breath out of me.

I heard him whisper sorry to me and I started pounding my fists against his back and yelling for him to let me go.

All of a sudden Jared came running up the hill to help me.

“Paul, let go of her, now.” Jared growled at Paul and I could see that he was starting to shake.

Paul turned around and noticed the same thing that I did and he slowly put me down.

“And what are you going to do about it then?” Paul said grabbing my wrist.

I looked at Paul, and from the look of his face he knew that it was going to happen any second now.

I looked back at Jared and notice the same thing.

A second later there was a loud ripping sound and it wasn’t Jared any more it was a massive chocolate brown wolf.

I let out the breath that I hadn’t realised that I had been holding and looked at Paul.

“Have you got a spare pair of shoes and shorts in your car?” Paul nodded and sprinted off towards his car.

I walked over to Jared and placed my hands on ever side of his brown fury face.

“Just calm down, all you need to do is stay calm and think that you want to be back in your human form, ok?” I said with a soft smile.

Five minutes later I had managed to get Jared calm and back into his human form.

“Paul will be back now with some cloths for you.” I said looking to see Paul looking through his trunk for a pair of shorts.

“Was Paul really hurting you?” he asked from behind a bush.

“No, we knew that you were really close to changing and I just couldn’t stand hurting you any more and Paul could see that, so he told me to play along.”

“So this is the reason why you didn’t want me to be around you because you turned into a wolf.” He shook his head and laughed.

“Yeah and why I don’t wear as much clothes anymore and any shoes sometimes, now you can see what happen to clothes when we faze.” We both laughed and Paul finally came back with shorts and shoes.

After Jared was changed Paul turned to face me. “We should take him to Emily’s so that Sam can explain everything to him.” He laughed and added. “Sam’s going to kill us anyway, so we might as well get it over and done with quickly.”

I laughed and smiled. “Yeah you’re right. Come on Jared let’s get you to Sam and Emily’s place, so this can all can be explained to you.” I said grabbing his and Paul’s hand and pulling them toward the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter.
still looking for an editor so if your interested message me.
comment subscribe

here's a banner made by octoberlover_1014 check out her stories!

Image

Thanks emelia emanate; for the amazing banner.

Image