Status: Active

Defying Gravity

Chapter 10

We drove in silence. Jared was confused and Paul was just focussed on the road.

My phone buzzed for what must have been the hundredth time in the last 30 minutes.

“Are you going to answer that or what?” Paul said. It was obvious that he was starting to lose his cool.

“Nope.”

Paul raised his eyebrows.

“And why not?”

“Because it’s Jake and I don’t want to deal with him right now.” I sighed. “I’ll just let dad to help me with excuses, when I get home.”

“You’re going to have to think of something yourself, baby. Billy’s gone fishing with Charlie Swan, remember.”

Paul gave me a look, which said that I was an idiot.

“Shit, and don’t call me baby” I said, hitting the dashboard of Paul’s car with my fist.

“You may be pissed, but don’t take it out on my baby.”

I rolled my eyes, trust him to think his car was his baby.

He’s such an idiot.

The silence dragged on. Jared was the first to break it.

“Are you guys going to tell me anything about what’s going on with me?” He paused. “Oh, and the fact that we can all turn into giant wolfs.”

“No, we’re leaving all the talking to Sam. The both of us know exactly how long the talk is going to be, so you’ll have to wait.” I looked over at Paul and he was smiling to himself.

I shock my head and punched him in the arm.

“Ouch, what was that for?” I raised my eyebrows at him. “Come on, I got you what you wanted, I got you your best friend back.”

“Yeah, but you don’t have to be smug about it.”

Paul just rolled his eyes and laughed. Nothing is was going to get that smug smile off his face.

“You could be this happy if you just gave into the imprinting, even I haven’t given into it fully and I can already feel that it’s really strong.” Paul smiled at me.

“Not going to happen buddy boy.” I saw a hint of disappointment flash in his eyes, but it disappeared before I could be sure of it.

“I’m guessing that you two aren’t going to tell me what your talking about, are you?” Jared asked from the back seat.

“No.” Paul and I said together.

When we finally got to Sam, Paul and I let out a heavy sigh.

I turned to Paul. “He’s going to kill us for pushing him to phase, you know that right?”

Paul just nodded.

We walked into the house and were met by the smell of food cooking. Emily looked around the corner to see who had come through the door.

She looked surprised. “Aren’t you meant to be in school? You know that you just can’t skip out of school just to come here, unless it is important and Sam has said…” Emily stopped dead when she realised that there was someone stood behind us. “Who’s your friend?”

“It’s cool Em, he just phased.” Paul said with a shrug, like it was the most normal thing in the world.

“Oh, I’ll go and get Sam. He’s just out back.” Emily said, while walking away to get Sam.

Paul, Jared and I went to sit in the living room.

Sam came in and shook his head. “Are you two going to tell me what happened then, or are you just going to sit there looking like children who have just been caught doing something wrong.”

Paul and I sighed and explained to Sam what had happened.

Sam didn’t look happy when we had finished.

“I’m disappointed in you two. You just couldn’t let nature take its course, could you? Have you two got anything to say for yourself?” Sam said in his Alfa voice.

I was the first to say something. “We’re sorry Sam.”

Paul just sat there in silence. I elbowed him, and then when he looked at me I raised my eyebrows at him. “Yeah, sorry Sam, it wouldn’t happen again.”

“It had better not happen again or you to are going to have to deal with the punishment.” Sam said to us and then turned to tell Jared about what was happening to him. While Paul and I just sat like naughty children.

I slowly walked up to the house after being at Sam’s house for hours. Jared was just happy that he actually knew what was going on and that we could be friends again.

I walked into the house, I felt so tired and I just wanted to go to sleep.

I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water and noticed that there was a pizza delivery man outside Jakes garage.

The pizza guy went into the garage and then walked back to his car without the pizza.

I brow furrowed. Then I remembered Bella Swan was over today. God I was forgetting everything today, well it has been a long day.

I walked outside and into to the garage. They were both laughing; as soon as they saw me they both stopped and stared, like I had something on my face.

I smiled and pointed to the pizza. “Do you mind if I have a piece? I really can’t be bothered to cook today.”

They both stopped staring and me and Bella nodded her head and gave me a slight smile.

“Where were you today, I haven’t seen Jared, Paul and you all day?”

“We just had to sort some things out; we just went over to Sam’s and talked.” I said in a sweet voice and shrugged.

Jake sighed and nodded, he just gave up on the subject.

“I’m going to bed then, I’m tired. Thanks for the piece of pizza.”

My brother words rang in my head ‘be nice is Bella.’

“And it’s nice to see you again Bella.” I gave the best smile I could do, God I don’t like her.

“You to Gisèle.” She said in a quiet voice.

It wasn’t going to be good when Jake phases for the first time, if it was hard for me to leave Jared even though it was for a short time, them how it’s going to be way harder for Jake and Bella especially now that she is this dependent on my brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter.
If there are any grammer or spelling errors please tell me, i still haven't got a new editor.
Comment, subscribe
banners are welcome.

Thanks emelia emanate; for the amazing banner.

Image