Status: Active

Defying Gravity

Chapter 2

As I walked out of the house the sky above was bright blue with hardly any clouds in sight. It surprised me that it was sunny outside since there are rarely any sunny days here in La Push.

I walked down the road past the brightly coloured little houses. They were all different and not one of them was painted the same colour, until I reached my best friend Jared’s house.

The outside of the house was painted a kind of watery blue, that without the sun on it, it looked almost gray. It had a bright white door with the number 28 in bronze letters near the top of the door.

I had always found Jared house very calming to look at, for some reason it always made me feel happy and when I am stressed it always makes me feel better. I think this is because I know that when I knock on that bright white door whoever answers it always make me feel, like this place is a second home and I love that.

I walked up to the door and knocked on it twice. About a minute later the door opened and the face I saw was of a woman in her early forties, with long black hair that was pulled back into a tight bun, she had one or two gray hairs, but they could barely be seen.

She gave me a warm smile, the smile that Jared’s and I always called it “our smile”, because she ever only gave us two that special smile. The smile would cause the wrinkles around her eyes to crease, but that would only make her look more motherly to me. To be honest she is a bit like a mother to me since Jacob and I lost our mother at a young age. So it was really nice to have someone like that in my life.

“Good morning Gisèle, come on in.” she gestured for me to come into the house. Once she had closed the door we made our way into her living room. “Sit down, Jared is almost ready. He ended up falling back to sleep at the breakfast table this morning, he woke up with a face full of scrambled egg.” She said laughing while we sat down on her peach coloured couch.

I couldn’t help but laugh at this myself; it was so like Jared to do that on the first day back in school.

Jared then came running down the stairs, all ready to go.

By the look of it he had heard what his mother had told me and he was slightly blushing.

“Mum, do you have to tell her that?” he said running a hand through his short black hair.

“Oh, come on Jared, it’s only Gisèle, you two have known each other since you were both in diapers! You have always told each other everything” she shook her head still smiling at him.

“Don’t remind me.” He said and grabbed my arm and pulled me off the couch. “Let’s go time for school, bye mum.”
“Bye Debra.” I called from halfway down the hallway.

I barely heard her response, but it sounded like, “Have fun on your first day of school kids.”
♠ ♠ ♠
love you all

by the way this story got reported by someone so if you see any mistakes in ANY of my chapter or anything about this story please tell me so I can make it better!

comment, subscribe.

love you all again.