Status: Active

Defying Gravity

Chapter 5

We walked out of the forest and Charlie came running towards us. He took Bella from Sam’s arms staggering at her weight and carried her inside his house.

Sam and I followed him into the house, where he placed Bella down onto the settee and went to get some blankets to warm her up.

“So, where did you find her?” I asked, leaning against the wall near him.

“She was curled up, on the forest floor, about 20ft behind the bushes you were near.” He was looking at me strangely, not like Paul had looked at me, but a look that said that Jared was right about Sam’s wanting me to be the next to join his little gang.

“Oh, why was she even out that far into the forest?” I had about a million questions for him, but I decided to keep it to a minimum.

“Don’t really know, all I know is that she left a note saying that she and her boyfriend had gone for a walk, but the note said that they where walking on the trail.”

“Do you think that is who she meant is gone? Maybe he broke up with her or left her?” It would have been sad to think that he had left her, wondering in the woods or even if he led her off the trail for some reason I just didn’t know.

“Most likely, now I come to think about it and Charlie phone then and there was no answer and he phoned Forks hospital where the father works. They told him that doctor had gotten a better job and they just packed up and left.” He shrugged, as if he didn’t expect any different from them and as if it didn’t really matter what had happened tonight.

“Yeah, maybe.” I mumbled. I had had enough of talking to Sam; I couldn’t really get an answer that I completely understood.

I walked up to my dad and my brother, who were waiting for me. It was getting late and it was time to go home.

“Good job my girl.” My dad said when I reached him.

“Thanks dad, but it was Sam Uley who found Bella.” I helped dad into the car and climbed into the driver’s seat.

We drove home in a comfortable silence. By the time we got home it was pitch black and you could clearly see the stars in the sky, it was really beautiful.

I opened the front door as Jake and I helped back dad’s wheelchair over the front step and rolled him into the house.

“Should I reheat your dinners, or do you want me to put them into the fridge so you can have them tomorrow?” I said walking into the kitchen.

“Put mine in the fridge, please dear, I’ll have mine tomorrow night; I’ve lost my appetite after what happened tonight.” He said patting his stomach.

“Yes, do the same for me, please.” Jake said while walking down the hall to his room.

“Are you going to eat yours dear?” My dad said rolling himself into the kitchen.

“Yeah, I’m starving, for some reason I’m really hungry lately.” I replied.

My dad gave me a strange look and then gave me a forced smile. Why was everybody looking at me funny today?

“Good night dear, don’t be up to late you’ve got school tomorrow, ok?” he pointed his finger at me.

“Ok dad, I won’t be long, goodnight.” I gave a kiss on the cheek and then he rolled his wheelchair into his room, for an early night.
♠ ♠ ♠
another chapter up
love all you guys
i've been reported so if you see any mistakes please tell me
comment, subscribe.