Status: Active

Defying Gravity

Chapter 7

The time seemed to pass so slowly as we made our way to Sam’s house. All I could do was look out the window at the vast green forest. I tried to let my mind go blank but the questions kept creping back.

What was going on? Am I going insane? Why is this happening to me? And is all this even possible?

Every few minutes I would look over at Paul to see if he was really there, it all seemed like a dream.

I closed my eyes and wished that when I opened them I would see my brother driving our father over to Charlie’s and this was all some crazy dream.

But every time I looked, Paul was still sat there staring at the road. His face was set into a hard line almost like it had been carved in stone.

The car finally pulled up in front of a small house. It was painted in a warm brown with colourful flowers planted in boxes and pots all around the outside of the house.

Paul silently got out of the car and started walking towards the house all I could do was follow slowly as he made his way to the front door.

He walked through the front door with the familiarity of someone who had always lived there. There was no hesitation in his step. I didn’t know what to do so I just kept following him into the house and closing the door behind me.

We walked through into a small living room with a sofa, one chair, a coffee table and a small TV. Even though the house was small it seemed to open up with the bright colours. It made me feel completely at home, comfortable and safe. It made me want to smile but I was too scared to.

We walked into the kitchen were a woman was leaning over the stove, she didn’t seem to notice us. The smell from the food she was cooking was unbelievable. The scent of warm muffins filled the whole room, it was making numb body come back to life.

“Hey Emily, is Sam home I really need to talk to him.” Paul said walking over to lean on the counter across from her.

Without turning around she answered. “Not yet, he’ll be home any minute now though. He popped out about a hour ago to attend an elders meeting. Why do you need him anyway?”

“Well, we have a bit of a problem, someone else has changed.” He said rubbing the back of his neck.

Emily turned on her heels to stare at Paul, who just looked in my direction.

Emily turned to look at me and that was when I saw her face, she had three long scars going down the right side of her face, from her eye right down to her jaw. Her face was defiantly beautiful, but it made me feel sorry for her in a way. What ever happened to her it must have caused her a lot of pain.

I stared at her for a minute and averted my eyes from her scars.

She looked from Paul to me and back again. The she looked at Paul and spoke.

“Are you sure, Paul?”

“Yes, she turned into a massive wolf right in front of me and the last time I checked that’s what happens when we change.” He rolled he eyes at the last part.

She heaved a heavy sigh and turned to face me.

“Come sit down hunny, Sam with be home in the minute and he’ll explain all of this to you. I’m Emily, but I guess you know that already.” She gave me a smile and patted the back of my hand.

“Thank, I’m Gisèle Black” I gave her a smile and sighed.

Her eyes widened and it was her turn to stare at me for a minute.

“Wait, Gisèle Black, as in Billy Black’s daughter?”

My eyebrows meet in the middle, why did it matter if I was Billy’s daughter? I nodded my head.

“I’ll go and call Sam and tell him to hurry up and to tell Billy to come to.”

I sat there confused. What did my father have to do with all this?

Emily walked over to the phone that hung on the wall next to the kitchen door and rang Sam. She was on the phone for about ten minutes before she gave it to Paul, so that he could tell him what had happened.

After Paul was finished talking to Sam, he came and sat on the seat across from me. The silence was awkward and Emily just went back to her cooking.

We stayed like this for what seemed like hours, but in reality it was about half an hour, when we heard a car door slam and someone walking through the front door.

It was Sam wheeling my father in. Sam walked over to Emily and gave her a quick kiss and then came and pulled up a chair and sat directly in front of me. A couple of hours later and everything had been explained to me.

I was a werewolf and that only a couple of so called lucky members of the tribe had the gene to do so.

I also learnt about vampires and how them being around triggered the gene to kick in.

It all seemed surreal, an impossible tale but it was all true the evidence all fitted. What other legends of our tribe were true.

And the last thing I was told was about imprinting. This was when two people were drawn together by some explainable force that was uncontrollable. You had no choice you just had to be together, there was no one else in your world except your partner.

Paul was my imprint and that was why he was just staring at me like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time, on the first day of school and how I felt the way I did, when I look at him after I changed.

In the end we had decided that I would miss a couple of days of school and my dad would make sure that no one would ask any questions and if they did, he was going to say that I was to sick. In reality Sam would be showing me how to get used to my new life style

But there was a down side to all this, I couldn’t tell anyone not even my brother and that I had to stay way from all my friends. I was unstable and until I learned to control this they wouldn’t be safe. I wouldn’t be able to talk to Jared again; I would have to lie to him. It was for his own good.

Boy this was going to be hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE!
i'm sorry my mothers (editor) has been planning our holiday.
and i'm going in a couple of hours so heres an update and i will be writing while i'm away but i wouldn't be able to get to a computer. I'll be gone until a week monday.
thanks for all the comments.
comment, subscribe.