Status: Active

Defying Gravity

Chapter 8

Chapter 8
It was over a week later and I still hadn’t gone back to school yet or faced Jared.
I knew that he had call and that he had called an awful lot, just to see if I was ok. He also came round to the house, but dad just told him I was really sick and couldn’t see any one because of the state that I was in.

Sam thought that it would be easier if I gave it a week and then started back at school on Monday.

But things were getting easier for me now that I understood what was happening to me and how I could control it.

I was getting to know Paul more and found that this imprinting thing was really powerful, but I didn’t admit that to him, I just couldn’t.

Come on me and Paul have been enemies, for like forever and I wasn’t just going to let imprinting get the better of me like that, he had to earn that kind of respect from me.

I had just finished patrolling and was sat now sat on my bed listening to the conversation my brother and my father were having. I could tell that Jake was arguing, with dad.

Dad was trying to tell Jake that I had been sick over the last couple of days and that was why he wasn’t able to see me that often and that now I was just going through some stuff.

I continued to listen to the conversation.

“Dad, there’s something wrong. Sam’s done something to her just like he did to Paul.” I could tell that Jake was upset and desperate for dad to listen to him.

“Son, your sister is fine. Sam is helping her, not brainwashing her.” My father said with a laugh.

“Dad, I’m serious. He’s doing something to them and it’s not right. I know that something’s going on and he’s the one causes it all.”

“Don’t be stupid, Sam has not done anything wrong and you should not judge him, he’s helping us, all of us. Without his help who knows what would happen, and don’t worry son It’ll all make sense someday.” I heard him sigh and he tapped Jake on the back a couple of times.

I couldn’t stand to hear any more of their conversation and walked down the stair and out the door as quick as I could.

“I’m going over to Sam’s see you later,” And closed the door behind me.

I walked into the woods and quickly removed my cut off knee length shorts and my bikini top – I wasn’t wearing any shoes at the time – and tied them around my ankle.
I ran and phased into my wolf form and ran as fast as I could. I wasn’t really going to Sam’s, I didn’t know I know or care where I was going I just had to clear my head, so I let my feet carry me along.

When I finally stopped I was at the edge of the forest, I looked up to see where I was.
And just my luck, I had ended up on the edge of the forest, in front of Jared’s house. My luck had gotten even worse; Paul’s house was right next store.

I knew that I couldn’t see any in Jared’s house right now.

So I fazed back, got dressed and sat on a rock on the edge of the forest staring at Jared’s house.

I knew that I needed to see him, to talk to him. He had always been there for me, we had always been best friend even before we could remember and know I couldn’t show him or tell him what was going on.

He wouldn’t be there for me any longer after told him to go away and never talk to me again. I didn’t want to, but it was for his own good.

So I waited, I knew that I had to tell him sooner rather than later and this way he wouldn’t be embarrassed in front of everyone.

I must have waited about two hours for him to come; well, at least I had time to figure out what I was going to say to him.

But then when he finally walked down the street, I started to walk over to him and my mind went blank.

I couldn’t, I just couldn’t hurt him, but I knew that I had to made Jared safe.

“Gisèle, what are you doing out? I thought you were too sick to see me. What happened to you?” His brow was knotted together in the middle and I knew he was confused.
I didn’t answer him so he continued. “So what happened? You decided to wear fewer clothes and not wear shoe anymore and... Whoa Gisèle, you got a tattoo!” He looked at me in shock.

“It’s nothing Jared.” I said in a flat voice.

“What now then, you’ve turned into one of Sam’s stupid gang, ‘cause where I’m standing it looks like you’ve done just that and I’ve seen you with him, going off with him and Paul into the woods.” I didn’t answer so he continued. “I’ll take that as a yes. Gisèle of he’s making you do stuff, that you don’t want to do, just leave them alone... Oh my god, just look what he’s done to you. This is his entire fault. Just wait until I see him...”

I couldn’t let him continue. I could tell that I was just about to start shaking and after that I knew that I would end up fazing. I had to stop him from talking.

“Stop... Jared just stop. Sam hasn’t done anything to me; he’s just trying to help me. I was wrong about him before; all he does is help us, help us understand what happening. So just, don’t talk about him like that, just don’t do you hear me?” I was shouting now.

I just couldn’t take much more, I had to calm down. I couldn’t faze in front of Jared.

“Gisèle, just let me help you, what’s happening? You know you can tell me anything, right?” He put his hand on my shoulders and looked me in the eye.

I have to just hurry this up, the more I drag him along the more it’s going to hurt him, and I have to hurt him as less as I can. But he has to believe that I really mean it.

“No, Jared I can’t. It’s not your place to stick your nose, ok? We can’t see each over anymore, not ever, got it?”

I can’t do this, I just can’t I hate seeing him hurt, but I just have to remember that I’m doing this so he doesn’t get hurt, I just have to keep telling myself that.

I shrugged his arm off of my shoulders and gave him my best glare.

“Gisèle, what are you saying, we’ve always been friends. You can’t just leave me like that. Gisèle please, don’t do this to me.” I could see that his eyes we’re starting to glaze over with tears and I couldn’t help but let my face softened.

“I’m so sorry Jared, but I have to. One day you’ll understand. Just go back inside and forget about me. It’s for your own good. Goodbye Jared.”

I stood on my tiptoes and placed my hands on ever side of his face and brought his face down to my level.

I kissed him once on the forehead, once on each cheek and them as a last goodbye gesture. I gave him one last kiss a quick kiss on the lips; I did it so fast that it finished as quickly as it had started. I didn’t want to leave my best friend this way.

I could see that he was holding back tears; I knew that he didn’t want me to see them. I gave him one last look and ran off into the wood.

I ran for five minutes in my human form until I couldn’t see anything but trees.

I fell to the ground and cried my eyes out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!!!
i'm so sorry that this has taken so long to get out.
i've had this chapter and the next one writen for a while, but my editor (my mum) hasn't bothered to edit for me. So, I have edited this chapter myself, the best that i can.
If something is wrong with it please tell me.
Plus i'm looking for an editor for this story and my other story, of your interested leave me a comment or a message ect.
hope you like the chapter!
comment and subscribe :D
banners are also welcome.

here's a banner made by octoberlover_1014 check out her stories!

Image