Status: Work in progress

Blush

CSIs are assigned and the case opens.

"What?"

Catherine Willows sat beside Nick Stokes in the truck battling with a mouth-full of orange soda that threatened to come back up after she spluttered her question at Nick.

He grinned in return, not taking his eyes from the road, and drummed at the steering wheel with his thumbs. "You heard me" his Texan accent informed her "Sanders told me himself. Definite flirtation." As Catherine gasped once more and covered her face with her hands, Nick let out a low chuckle and nodded.

"Nicky, Greg isn't exactly known for his ability to be modest.. Are you sure he wasn't over reacting?" She turned slightly to face him, mouth slightly open.

"I dunno, man.. He seemed pretty sincere." Taking his eyes from the road momentarily he turned to face Catherine who was still gawping back at him. Seeing her face bright red and her eyes clearly in shock, it forced laughter our from him. "I know. And you can imagine my reaction when he told me, right?"

She laughed and turned back to face the road. "So what did he say exactly?"

"He just mentioned that Hodges was acting a little weird, weird even for Hodges, and when he handed him a file and their hands touched.. Y'know.." He slowly nodded his head and raised his eyebrows in amusement "there was definite blushing. "Of course Greg was his usual playful self and informed Hodges that he caught him blushing, and Hodges freaked.."

"Wow" was all that Catherine could summon up. Caught in a mixture of shock and disbelief she snorted yet again, causing Nick to giggle in a child like manner.

"I can't picture it. Hodges of all people.. I mean, Greg's good looking and all, a decent guy, but those guys are always bickering and poking fun at one another."

The pair fell silent for a minute or two, considering them as a couple. They sat and grinned in silence, smiles forming on their faces until they turned to face each other and broke out in giggles again.

Nick ruffled his hair and leaned back into his seat "I'm not buying it, Cath.."

"Well.. It is our job to investigate, Nicky."

The notion passed through their minds as they sat considering their next move.