Status: Complete

Invisible

Stars

I skipped back to my body, I was happy that my friends were on the right track to solving my murder…thanks to me.

I laid on the ground to stare out at the sky, the stars were twinkling peacefully above me. It was so peaceful and every pain in my heart was numb when I starred at the sky. Suddenly a bright light shined from the left side of my eyes. I sat up to smile at Raven, but her face was furious.

“What exactly do you think you’re doing Lindsey?!” She yelled.

I stood up and crossed my arms, “I want to help them. I want everyone to know the bastard that killed me.”

She sighed, “Did you even consider the consequences that will come with this?”

I shrugged, “I don’t care, and I just want Robin to be found out.”

Raven took a step closer to me and placed her hands on my shoulders. “Listen to me, you must it interfere with this anymore Lindsey.”

I shrugged out of her arms, “Why?”

“Because Lindsey. If he see’s that their on to him, he’ll run and then you’ll never find him and you’ll never be able to forgive him.”

I snorted, “This is stupid! How in the hell do you expect me to forgive the guy who killed me? How do I forgive the guy who’s causing all this pain on my family?”

“Lindsey, it’s hard. I know how hard it can be to forgive someone who took your life away. But you must forgive now honey, in order to move on.”

I rolled my eyes, “I don’t want to forgive him! He took away Jeremy! Mom! Aaron! Richard! My friends! My dad! How do I forgive that? I can’t think of one good reason to move on!”

Raven sighed deeply, and then turned to me to tears falling from my eyes, “Honey….how I learned to forgive my father…well it was hard. But why don’t you watch over Mr. Robin more than you watch over Jeremy?”

I moaned, “Hell no. I won’t leave Jeremy. I REFUSE to watch over Mr. Robin!!”

Raven shook her head, “Lindsey, I gave you all the time in the world to forgive him. But I have a feeling that if you don’t start to build that first step….you’ll never move on. It’s a whole lot better up there Lindsey, trust me. You can do whatever you please up there; you can watch your family and friends. You can anything.” She smiled.

I sighed, thinking about everything Raven was saying. Sure I always dreamed about what heaven looks like.

“Please Lindsey. You can do this; you will do this if you know what’s right. You’re a smart kid that has a lot of potential. I know you can do this.”

I nodded, “Ok.”

She grinned, “There you go. I knew you could.”

I sat on the floor and played with the ends of my hair, “You said something earlier…about your dad. What happened?”

Raven sighed, “It’s a story that can wait for another time.”

I nodded, “Whatever.”

Raven bent down to touch my cheek, “You can do this ok? I have faith in you Lindsey.”

I frowned slightly, “Faith?” I whispered.

She nodded, “I’ll be here whenever you need me.”

I tuned away from her as she walked back into the light. I lay back down on the ground again to stare at the beauty of my sky. I remembered what my little brother said about the sky when my grandpa died.

“Is he in the stars?”

I giggled, “Yes honey. He’ll be there forever. But he’ll always watch over us.”

He moved closer to me, “That’s cool.”

Tears started streaming down my face as I thought about Aaron. I wanted to go lay next to him, but I also didn’t want him to become dependant on me if I ever move on. I do want to go to heaven, but the price is to forgive Mr. Robin. Something I wasn’t ready for. Something that I hope will come soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next one will be posted on Monday afternoon after OAP practice.