Status: Complete

Invisible

You Know Don't You?

I looked from side to side with a smile, both Jeremy and Carol were fast asleep in the car. Carol had her hand holding her head up against the door, while Jeremy laid opened mouth and drooling all over his shoulder. Poor babies.

We all jumped though, someone tapped on the window softly. Carol pushed Jeremy and he wiped his mouth while his eyes started to bug out of his head. Carol looked at him for some kind of confirmation.

It was the face that I hated, the face I wish would suffer the same kind of pain as me. Mr. Robin was waving and smiling at them.

Carol rolled her window barely enough, Mr. Robin smiled.

"Carol, Jeremy." He laughed.

Carol smiled, "Mr. Robin." Her voice was shaky.

I swallowed against the lump in my throat. This isn't real.

"What are you kids doing?"

Carol looked at Jeremy with a plea for help. Jeremy squeezed her hand.

"We were just..."

Mr. Robin laughed, "Oh I know what you were doing."

"You do?" Carol whispered. I could literally hear her heart hammering against her chest.

He nodded, "May I ask why?"

Carol looked at Jeremy again, he starred back.

"You know." Mr. Robin smiled. "Don't you?"

Jeremy leaned closer to Carol, "Start the car." He whispered in her ear.

Carol nodded slowly and reached for the ignition, Mr. Robin was already shaking his head.

"Oh, you're not going anywhere." He whispered.

Carol locked her door before Mr. Robin reached for the handle. She started the car and screamed because Mr. Robin began banging against the window.

"GO CAROL GO!" Jeremy yelled. I leaned back into the seat and watched the deadliest stare and the urge to kill again pouring out of Mr. Robin's eyes. But he wasn't starring at Carol, he was watching Jeremy. The words he said to me before he killed me, started to play in my head.

"I hated it whenever Jeremy touched or kissed you in front of me."

"STAY AWAY!" I screamed.

Carol put the gear in drive and sped away, I looked behind me to find Mr. Robin running after them.

"HE'S GOING TO CHASE US!" She yelled.

Jeremy looked back, "He stopped, he wouldn't be able to catch us anyway. Calm down."

I looked back to find Mr. Robin fade into the darkness of our neighborhood, the spot where he dragged me into the forest to kill me.

Carol pulled into her driveway, frozen in fear. Her hands locked tightly around the steering wheel, she sounded like she just ran a mile as pants escaped her mouth. Jeremy was squeezing the seat with one hand and the other was on the dashboard.

Jeremy looked over at Carol -who managed to lean her head against the steering wheel- he could hear the sobs breaking from her chest.

"Carol, breath. We're ok." He soothed. He wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her hair. She continued to sob onto his shoulder.

"That....was.....scary." She sobbed. "I...I..."

"Shh. Don't say anything. Just calm down and focus on your breathing." Jeremy whispered.

I wanted to help and I didn't know how, but I pressed the palm of my hand to her cheek and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and I could literally feel something peaceful run through me and to Carol.

She sat up and took a deep breath, "I feel better. I'm ok."

Jeremy nodded, "You sure?"

She looked at him, "Physically...yes. Mentally.....fuck no."

Jeremy rubbed her shoudlers, "You know we have to tell someone? That was insane. We know for sure he's the one."

Carol nodded, "I'll call Michael first thing."

I climbed out of the car and looked up at the sky.

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING OK!? THEY KNOW NOW!" I yelled. I did it for Raven's sake.

I sat on the floor and curled up into a ball, trying to think about what just happened...how did he see them? It really didn't matter...as long as they were ok. That's all that counts.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll write more later. I could feel the adrenaline pusling threw me....could you?