Status: Complete

Invisible

10 Years Later

Destiny and I spent our time in the gazebo where we could see the people we loved on Earth. Everyone was completely happy. My little brother wasn’t so little anymore. He’s now 18 years old, has a girlfriend and gives my parents hell. But every year on my anniversary, he goes with them to the cemetery. Or every year on my birthday, they have a quiet dinner with my picture in the middle.

My father joins them on both. But he stays behind at the cemetery to tell me how much he misses me. Sometimes he cries. Destiny always asks me about him. I always feel horrible that she never got to meet him.

Jeremy is married. I was so happy when he got married. Oh did I mention who? To Carol. Yeah, kind of expected. It’s the same ole story as the cheesy movie love stories. She realized she loved him too, he told her he always loved her. Blah blah blah. Sweet, don’t get me wrong. I’m happy for them. Destiny asked me why they married, and I said.

“Because your dad needs to be happy. He deserves it.”

They visit my grave sometimes too. Carol was expecting, and they came to tell me when they found out it was girl. Carol didn’t mind when Jeremy told me he loved me. She knew how he felt. She understood completely. Carol had her baby just a few days ago. She named her, Rose Elizabeth. They gave her my middle name.

Maggie is engaged. I was shocked. Maggie is marrying her best friend from college. Their perfect for each other. Enough said.

Jeremy got an offer to play in the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys. The coach came down to Arizona to see him play, and loved what he saw. So he offered him a spot and bada bing bada boom! Jeremy is now #38 on the Cowboys team. I’m so proud of him. I visited him in his dreams once. To tell him about Destiny. He was so happy that I got to meet her. He even met her. Destiny was so happy to see him. Jeremy woke up a different man the next day. He was my Jeremy again.

Carol is a full-time lawyer. Well she’s on maternity leave right now, but she hasn’t lost a case. She’s a divorce lawyer. Clients love her.

Maggie is an artist. She has her own studio, and her art sells like crazy.

My best friends and ex-boyfriend (hard to say sometimes) are successful and happy. This is all I could ever ask for. Destiny can see the family she has, the people who would have loved her to death. She understands about everything now. She understands she’ll never get to meet Carol, Maggie, Aaron or her grandparents. But like she told me once.

“I’m just happy I can see them.”

All I could do was smile.

So I leave you with this advice. Enjoy your life. Enjoy what you have. Enjoy the good and bad times. Forgive your enemies. Live you life with no regrets, because you never know when your life is going to end.

Goodbye and I love you.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok guys! I just knew it was the end. I couldn't write anymore, I couldn't find more things to think about. But this isn't the end of this story. I'm thinking about writing one with Jeremy's point of view. Not during Lindey's death, after. What do you think? Thanks for all of your wonderful support! I love you guys!