Status: Complete

Invisible

My Jeremy

Three days later…..

After the horrific night that took place in my home town, and still no one knows anything about what happened to me. Police cars surround my home, blue and red lights paint the walls of my home. It’s hard seeing my little brother running around with Mrs. Hutchinson son’s Matthew. He seems so happy and acting like nothing has happened. He might not even know. My mother is distraught, tears stain her cheeks, and pain takes the warmth in her eyes. She’s not my mamma. My father came two days ago; he’s not the same either. Richard on the other hand, he seems fine which just irritates me more.

You’re probably wondering how I’m watching this; well it’s from the tree near my home. I used to sit up here at night and think about life –Jeremy mainly- or how I was going to live after I graduated…..which was today. It’s a very emotional time for me and my friends, everyone knows about my disappearance and no one is taking it easy. I was not the popular girl, but I was the likeable dependant girl who was dating the quarter back of the football team. I climbed down my tree and walk for Jeremy’s house, he’s the one I’ve been watching the most. For the past three nights he’s been sitting in his room grieving over the loss of me. He doesn’t cry, but merely just watches the sun set and rise with a distant look in his eyes. He’s not my Jeremy.

My two bestest friends, Maggie and Carol cling to each other to keep one another strong. The day they heard the news Maggie cried and ran to tell Carol the news, Carol and I were the closest out of the two so she took it the hardest. But when both girls went to tell Jeremy…well I don’t think I could talk about it.

“Jeremy.” Carol sighed with tears streaming down her face.

Jeremy turned to find Maggie biting her nails, her head bowed down with her eyes closed.

“What’s wrong Carol?”

Maggie let out a sob as she ran away from them.

Carol wiped away her tears, “It’s about Lindsey.”

I could feel Jeremy’s thoughts swirl in his head, his heart beating against his chest. “What happened?”

Carol looked down, “She’s gone missing. And they think she’s dead.”

Jeremy’s mouth dropped open, his backpack sliding off his shoulders as his arms fell limp on his sides.

Carol wrapped her arms around him as he starred off into space. That was the last time Jeremy smiled.

Now I stand on his roof, watching him get dress for graduation. He ties on his tie, and looks to the side where a picture of me sits on his dresser.

Jeremy picks it up with shaky hands as he runs his fingers along the picture.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do without you.” He whispered. “I don’t know if I should be angry that you’re gone, or sad. I’m stuck baby.”

His mother Roseanne knocked softly on the door to find her son clutching the picture in his hands. Roseanne was a beautiful young women, she had beautiful red hair with brown eyes. Jeremy’s father was blonde with blue eyes –Jeremy was a splitting image of his dad when he was younger- but Jeremy got his kindness and passion to love from his mother; who was the sweetest women I’ve ever known.

“Come on honey, it’s time to go.” She whispered.

Jeremy nodded. He set the picture down and grabbed his robe. Before he walked out he blew a kiss to me.

“I love you.” He whispered.

At graduation, everyone was quiet. Someone talked and laughed, but you could feel the awkwardness in the air.

My friends scattered around, but their faces were the hardest to look at. When the ceremony began they used my favorite song ever. “Time of Your Life” by Green Day, I silently cried as I watched my friends sob. Jeremy had his head down, but his friends kept starring hard at him. Jeremy’s best friend Roger patted his shoulder as he looked down too.

Our school principle walked up to the podium as he cued for the music to be turned down. Then he looked out at everyone as the echoes of sobs and cries filled our auditorium. After he gave his speech about my class, he offered his condolences to my family. My mother bowed her head as she sobbed onto my fathers shoulder.

Then my best friend Maggie stepped up to give her valictorian speech. I stood beside her with my hand on her shoulder.

She took a deep breath before she began, “I had a whole other different speech planned out, but that’s not what I want to read. But I do want to congratulate my class today; we finally made it even though we are one short. Lindsey was my best friend; we’ve known each other since the first grade.” She paused to take a deep breath. I could see her tears swimming in her eyes, threatening to spill. “Carol and Lindsey were always closer than we were but I knew I could talk to her about anything. Us three, we called ourselves The Three Amigos. Our favorite movie was “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants,” She was Lena the good girl, I was Tibby the rebel, and Carol was Carmen the sweet but yet wild one. Lindsey used tell me when life was tough, ‘Life is hard, but we only get to live one. So every second we spend sad, upset, or angry is one second of happiness we will never get back.’ Lindsey lived her life to the fullest, she never got upset or too angry about anything. She always saw it as another challenge life threw at her because she believed it was going to make her stronger. Lindsey didn’t hold grudges, she believe in second chances and had faith in people who didn’t have faith in themselves. Lindsey was my cheerleader in life; she will always have a special place in my heart. So today, as we get our diplomas and begin a new chapter in our lives, we have to remember Lindsey. Because Lindsey would want us to succeed in life, especially in those she cared about the most. So congratulations senior class of 2010.”

Everyone stood as they clapped; Jeremy whistled and winked at Maggie when she walked past him. Carol pulled her best friend into a tight hug before Maggie walked to her seat. Maggie wiped away the tears and kept her head down.

After all the speeches and dedications to me, everyone was standing up one by one as their names were being called. When Jeremy’s name was called everyone yelled and whistles for him –he forced a smile- he shook hands with his coach, the principle and our superintendent. He looked out to see his family and friends all clapping for him, but he only wanted to see one face…..mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry about the delay...again I'm super busy and I couldn't write anything until spring break came along. So I have many chapters that I written so haha...enjoy :)