Status: Complete

Invisible

You Can See Me?

When graduation was over, everyone stopped to talk to my family, some cried some just stood there to hug my mother as she cried. Jeremy walked up slowly to my mother –I followed behind him-he embraced my mother, that’s when my mother buckled to the ground with Jeremy still in her arms. I stayed starring at them with tears falling, but my little brother was starring at me with his eye brow arched.

“Michael. Why is mom crying? Lindsey is right behind her.” He told my dad. He was tugging on his suit and pointing at me.

My dad looked to where he was pointing and back to Aaron, “What are you talking about Aaron?”

“Lindsey is standing behind Jeremy. Look!”

I walked away as my dad turned slowly to the spot I was once standing in. I walked to where my body was buried again. How could he see me? I was dead.

I paced back and forth where my feet were buried underneath. I bit on my bottom lip contemplating this new thing. I didn’t know what I was doing, but my feet seemed to have a mind of their own as they carried me to my home.

I climbed up the ladder, jumped onto the roof and into Aaron’s room where he was playing his Playstation.

Aaron turned towards me with a smile on his lips, “Where have you been?”

I smile as I kneel down beside him, “What do you mean?”

He laughs, “Mommy and Daddy said you were on vacation.”

I could feel my heart falling apart in my chest at the words of my little brother. It’s what I expected; he didn’t know I was dead.

I took a deep breath, “Aaron, honey, theirs something I got to tell you.”

He pauses his game with the controller slipping from his hands, “What is it sister?”

I sit on the floor and lock my hands together, “I’m not coming home brother.”

“Why not?” His forehead was scrunched up together in confusion. Explaining to my little brother that I was dead was not the highlight of my day. Then again what is the high light of my day anymore?

“Because honey, something really bad happened to me. I’m dead sweetie.”

Just as he was about to scream no, another scream came from downstairs. It was my mother’s cries. I stood up and ran down the stairs to find my mother crumpled on the floor with my father’s arms wrapped around her as they cried together. Richard was standing behind Detective Murray –he was hired to find me- with his eyes opened wide.

“Not my baby….not my Lindsey.” My mother cried. My father kissed the top of her head while patted her back.

“Are you certain?” Richard whispered not taking his eyes off my mother.

“Yes. We discovered her shirt this morning with blood and her DNA all over it. I’m very sorry Mr. Silverstein.” The Detective walked around Richard as he climbed into his car and drove away from my home.

I swallowed hard against the lump in my throat; they all knew that I was murdered now.

“You were telling the truth.” My little brother whispered behind me.

I turned slowly to find tears streaming down his face, “Yes.” I nodded.

He opened his arms to embrace me tightly. I kissed his head softly.

I laid my head in Aaron’s shoulder to see my father starring at us. He couldn’t see me, but in his eyes, he saw my little brother hugging someone invisible.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm posting the other one soon....stayed tuned!