Status: finished

Fly Until You Crash

just be pretty but naive.

As Addie informed him that she was hanging out with Justin that Friday night again, Slade couldn’t help but worry about his best friend. First, she never, under any circumstances, changed her Friday routine for anybody, and second, if she had smoked with this kid the last time they hung out, God only knew what would happen this time. As much as he wanted to stop her from going out with him, Slade knew that he couldn’t.

“Why don’t you guys come chill with us tonight? I think we’re watching movies or something,” he suggested, trying to keep Addie in a safe environment.

“Nah, we’re gonna hit up this party at ASU. I’m sure you guys could come if you wanted,” she replied.

“Hell no, you know I hate college parties.” As much as Slade wanted to go to keep an eye on her, he couldn’t bring himself to attend what was most likely another frat party. But because it was at a college, he knew nothing too terrible would be happening.

“All right, whatever. I’ll call you tomorrow or something then.”

“Sure, and be safe, okay?”

“Yeah, whatever. I told you, I can handle myself.” Slade shook his head as he left the car and walked up to his house. There was nothing else he could do to keep Addie out of any trouble she might encounter, and he hated it.
-----------------------------------
Addie settled on wearing a short denim skirt and pink tank top, something a lot more risqué than she usually wore, and something that Slade would forbid her from wearing, by nine o’clock when Justin had told her he’d arrive, She’d gone through countless different clothing combinations that she felt would allow her to fit in with the rest of the party. She was not one to dress as sorority girls often did, so she had to step out of her comfort zone a bit, which was an idea she was growing more and more used to.

When Justin texted her that he was there, Addie carefully snuck out of her house as to not let her mother see how she was dressed. She had told her mom earlier that she was staying at Slade’s again that night, and no further questioning ensued. The two drove to the party with little conversation, as Addie was attempting to think of another activity she could partake in that night that would let her be more like Justin.

“This party will be a lot calmer than the previous one,” Justin finally spoke up as they pulled into a parking lot.

“I’m thankful for that, I don’t think I’d be able to deal with that much smoke again,” Addie joked.

“Are you gonna smoke again tonight? I kinda want to,” Justin asked with eagerness, almost like he was craving the drug

“Oh uh, I guess?” she replied, a bit surprised. She was planning on going in, having a bit to drink and letting loose, but because she wanted to keep up with her date she figured she might as well do what he wanted.

“Good. I mean, it was cool that you didn’t smoke before, but we can have so much more fun now that you do.” Addie was shocked at his sudden change of attitude. He had never acted like this before, like he needed to smoke, and that he cared that Addie didn’t. She shrugged it off and decided it was better to play along, the night would be over soon enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm stuck figuring out how to put the end of this. I have a lot more chapters typed up already, so I'm going to go off those for a bit and see if I can finish it up soon. In the meantime, I'm writing something I think you'll all be interested in...

So again, as always, please comment, it'll make me really, really happy!