Status: finished

Fly Until You Crash

there's no reason for my story.

The two arrived at their favorite place to eat after being drunk, IHOP, and settled in. After deciding to get an order of chocolate chip pancakes and apple pancakes to split, they got to reminiscing about the summer.

“It went by way too fast,” Slade stated, sad undertones apparent in his voice.

“Yeah, too bad I can’t remember half of it,” Addie smiled, causing a laugh from her friend.

“You went nuts this summer, I’m proud of you. Never thought I’d see Addie’s wild side,” he said, continuing to laugh.

“I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not…anyways, it’s really time to buckle down. No more parties for a while, I need to focus on school.” Slade rolled his eyes, about to tell her that senior year was about having fun, but couldn’t get a word in before their food arrived. The two teenagers sloppily gobbled down their food, both trying to hog the plate that contained the chocolate chip pancakes. Addie finally won the battle and ate the remaining half stack and last piece of bacon.

“Pig,” Slade laughed, pulling out his wallet. “I got the bill.”

“I can’t let you pay my five dollars! That would be unfair for you. Let’s go halfsies,” Addie said, making a move to open her purse. Before she could, Slade slid out of the booth and ran to the register. “Fine. I have the next meal then.”

“Whatever. I have a somewhat paying job, meaning I have to support my lady,” Slade responded, trying to be sly. It was Addie’s turn to roll her eyes, which she did while shoving her best friend. Slade always tried to play the flirt, but often failed miserably. There was something about seventeen year old boys thinking they were cooler than everyone else, especially when they hung out with girls all the time. “By the way, we’re playing a show this Saturday. You’ll come to that at least, right?”

“Of course I will! I wouldn’t miss my favorite guys and girl playing,” Addie teased. She had only missed one Anarbor show since the band’s conception freshman year, and it was for a forced “vacation” to visit her aunt and uncle in Montana. The band had a decent following locally, catching the attention of some bigger acts and even playing a few shows with them. Addie often manned the merch table, and helped set up and break down the stage. She was no wizard when it came to instruments, but she learned how to tune a guitar fairly quickly. “You know I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Slade smiled, and the two drove in a comfortable silence back to Addie’s house, where they spent the rest of the day bullshitting and talking about the upcoming year.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will start to pick up next week, hopefully!