Status: finished

Fly Until You Crash

sweet talk sweetie.

At the show’s unofficial afterparty-being held at a singer, who Addie didn’t know, of one of the other band’s house-Addie made it her priority to introduce herself to the mystery man she had been pining over the whole show. Her friends couldn’t help but laugh at her, as one, she never went after a guy, and two, If she were to go after a guy, he wouldn’t look at all like the one she was currently in hot pursuit of. An hour into the party and two games of beer pong later, she still had no luck of spotting him.

“He must’ve seen you staring at him the whole night and felt too creeped out to come here,” Greg laughed, welcoming a slap from Addie.

“Fuck you. It wasn’t apparent that I was looking at him, anyways,” Addie tried to defend herself, to which a chorus of “okay” and “whatever” were thrown her way. “Shut up, seriously.”

She made her way back to the kitchen, where various bottles of liquor were lined on the counter. She started mixing herself a drink when the bottle she was reaching for was picked up by another hand. Looking up, she saw none other than the mystery man. He had light brown hair with the typical “scene” swoop, light green eyes, and a somewhat tan complexion. Addie said nothing and quickly looked down for fear of staring again.

“I think you wanted this.” Addie looked up to see him smiling and holding the bottle out to her.

“Oh, uh yeah. Thanks,” she stuttered, attempting to hide a blush.

“I’m Justin, by the way. I saw you selling merch for one of the bands at the show,” he stated, still smiling.

“Yeah, for Anarbor. I’m really good friends with all of them. Oh, I’m Addie,” she awkwardly smiled.

“Addie. I like that name. You wanna go out in the back and talk?” Justin offered. Addie replied with a nod, and as they made their way to the backyard, she passed by Slade and Taylor who both gave her a thumbs up.

Addie and Justin made small talk at first, before warming up to each other. They shared similar tastes in music and movies, and bonded over the fact that they were both friends with people in bands. Justin had graduated two years before and was currently out of school, trying to "find himself" and what he absolutely wanted to do before going back to college. Addie was fascinated that someone could just stop going to school, working, everything, to do what they wanted for an entire year, while Justin seemed interested that Addie had her life so clearly planned out.

“What if a curveball is thrown your way?” he asked.

“I’ll deal with any as they come, but it’ll take a lot to throw me off my course. I’m set on how I want my life to go,” Addie simply replied.

“How well does a date next Friday night fit into your life’s plan?”

“I think it’ll work its’ way in there, somehow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
These are really short, I'm sorry! Seriously gets a lot more interesting soon, I promise.