Status: finished

Fly Until You Crash

saint are sinners too.

The next morning, Addie woke up in the same shed with the same people from the night before, with the worst headache she’d ever experienced. No one else was awake yet, so she lied back down. Trying without success to fall back asleep, she finally gently shook Justin awake.

“How do ya feel?” he greeted her, smirking.

“Like absolute shit. The later part of the night was pretty fun, though…I think.” Addie barely remembered the previous night after she sat down in the circle, but she thought that she had made friends with the people she’d met. She did remember getting laughed at when she took her first hit, but by the fourth she seemed like a seasoned pro.

“You got on well with everyone, opened up a little bit.” Addie paled as he said this, having no idea what he was talking about. “Calm down, you didn’t say anything bad, but you did tell us about when you ate shit at eighth grade graduation walking up to receive your diploma.” Thank God that’s all she had shared. Maybe smoking up with complete strangers wasn’t the best idea. “C’mon, let’s get out of here.”
-------------------------------
“I think I should talk to you about something,” Addie told Slade as he got into her car Monday morning.

“Well, hello to you too. What did you do?” he asked, concerned about what she was going to say.

“I smoked on Saturday night. With Justin.” She decided that it would be best if she didn’t mention the party.

“Excuse me? Did he make you do something? Because I swear-“

“No, he didn’t make me do anything. I wanted to, it’s about time I at least tried smoking,” she finished.

“That’s stupid. You held off for this long to cave now? Especially with him? If you wanted to try it, why didn’t you ask me?” Slade said, hurt that his best friend would go to someone she’d just met over him for something like this.

“New experience with new people,” she shrugged. “I do wanna smoke with you guys though, it was kinda fun.” Slade shook his head and dropped the conversation. If that was their third date, he didn’t want to think of what would come next.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, sorry. I may update again later. Starting to work on something else too.