The Mystery of a Heart

03. That's Not The Spirit

After nearly two hours of seemingly aimless driving, I spoke up and asked where we were headed.

“Well, we don’t exactly know. We brought Mixi along so she could give us some new ideas of where to head to, and now that we have two extra people, hopefully we can think of somewhere good!” Ben explained from the driver’s seat.

“You think we’re going to be able to agree on a place to go? We can barely choose what movie to watch together,” Mixi laughed. It was true, though we were best friends we rarely agreed on anything. So the two of us started arguing on where to go next; I wanted to head towards a big city, while Mixi wanted to go somewhere warm. After twenty minutes of this, Jonnie stepped in.

“Why don’t you guys take turns picking?” he said. Mixi and I nodded and shrugged, figuring it was the best idea. “Okay, I’m holding a number between one and ten behind my back, whoever guesses closest wins.”

“Seven!” I yelled.

“Two!” Mixi yelled louder and at the same time.

“It was nine, Brianna wins,” he responded, grinning at me. I wore a goofy smile for a few seconds before rubbing my win in my best friend’s face.

“Okay let’s see…go to New York! Haven’t been there in a long time,” I spoke after a few minutes of debating.

“All right, we’re off to New York!” Ben shouted while punching the city name into the GPS. “Now that we have a destination, we need to start thinking about which item we’ll complete next.”

“Since I picked the place, Mixi dear, you can pick what you want to do…if you guys are still leaving this up to us?” I questioned, looking to the guys for an answer. They all nodded, so she started to remember the different things on the list before asking to see a copy.

“I can’t remember all hundred things!” she exclaimed, after being teased for asking to see the list. “Gimme a few minutes so I can look it over.” She stared at the paper for what seemed like an hour, all of us were excited to see what she’d decide to do. She smiled and her eyes stopped on one spot of the paper. “Number twenty-four, ‘go to a rock concert in all leather.’” I laughed as she read her choice. She, of all people, would choose to do something completely random like that.

“I can dig, this is going to be fun!” I said, excited for not only the concert but for the outrageous costumes as well.

“This is going to be awful. I never liked this idea,” Duncan groaned. “It’s going to be uncomfortable, and hot, and not fun.”

“Hey now, that’s not the spirit of this adventure! Now that I’m here, everyone has to love everything we do! I won’t allow any negativity!” I exclaimed. I wanted to have a good trip, and I wouldn’t let any Debbie downers ruin my time.

“Haha thanks best friend! We may not agree on things, but we make a good team when it comes to making other people do things!” Mixi laughed. Having her on my side would ensure that everyone would comply. She could make anyone, especially her brothers, do whatever she wanted. “I chose this task because of being in New York, and how easy it’ll be to find a concert.” This was going to be the best start of any adventure ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, sorry this took so long to get out! I've been super, super busy and just had time today to write this. Hope it's worth the wait!