Baptism in the Waves

o1.

Remember once upon a time when you were everything perfect? And i fell in love you with you then. The sun was warm on our legs and we'd run into the ocean, feel the spray from the waves soaking us to the bone. And we'd laugh and spin in circles until we thought we'd throw up. And then we'd collapse on the sand. It would stick in our hair and on our skin and all over our clothes. We'd run back into the water just to wash it off. And you'd lift me up in your arms and pull me close. When you'd kiss me I'd taste the salt from the sea.

And if we could just go back to that I would be able to smile again. We wouldn't be stuck in this neverending hurricane of what we were once and what we can't go back to. You refuse to bend, to break, to budge, to twist. This new schedule, this new hard exterior. What am i supposed to do with you? What am i supposed to do with me?

So I'll just go and go and go until one day I'm screaming and bleeding and crying and breaking and laughing and spinning in circles and there won't be anyone capable of holding me back from everything I’m set to lose. Not until you come back.

If we go back to the ocean it will all be okay, again. I promise. Baptism in the waves and new life. Kiss me like you mean it and I promise I won't fake the smiles anymore because I won't have to. And I love you love you love you. like every other day before. I promise I've loved you and I'll never stop.

Let's just go back to ocean, okay? It's going to be okay if you'll just stop listening to the voices in your head and realize I've been talking nonstop for the past ten minutes and you haven't heard a single. Fucking. Word.