Sequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Complete

Vodka and Lemonade

Johnny's Bar

“What’s up your ass, Matt?” Zacky asked as a guy came in. Apparently, his name was Matt, and he did look oddly familiar.

The new comer sat heavily in a chair. “Fucking women, what the fuck is up with them?” he asked as he threw back a shot of Jack.

Zacky looked at me. “No clue, do you know, D?”

I scoffed and took another gulp of my piss-poor excuse for a beer.” Hell, like I would know. The only thing that makes me a girl is my pussy. Hey bartender, give me a Jack and Coke, will ya?” I called before looking back at Matt. “On second thought, give me two. Looks like your boy needs to get trashed.”

“I’ll drink to that,” he said, taking a shot of straight whiskey.

“Whoa, slow down, I just got here,” another guys, this one with shaggy black hair, said.

“Fuck off, Brian,” Matt growled.

“Wow, ‘Chelle wasn’t kidding when she said it was bad,” he said, grabbing a chair and swinging it over to our table. “So, what happened?” he asked, taking a sip of my discarded beer. I glared at little at him until my Jack and Coke arrived.

“Hell if I know. One minute, we’re making out and the next, she fucking slapped me.”

The table erupted in laughter.

“Dude, that’s just- I don’t know,” Jimmy said in between swigs.

My laughter caused Matt to glare. “It’s not funny.”

“Obviously it is, ‘cause I’m laughing,” I replied with a smirk.

Matt abruptly stood up. “fuck you, I don’t need your stupid snide remarks.”

Upon instinct, I stood up with him. I got into his face. “And what the hell are you gonna do about it? I’ve been raised on the streets all my life. I don’t get intimidated, least of all by some pretty boy who don’t know how to use his muscles.”

“Why you little cunt-”

“Hey, hey, break it up,” Jimmy said, pushing us away from each other. “Can’t we all just get along? Matt, you sit and cool down. Danni, come with me, I want you to meet some people.”

It took awhile before Matt sat back down. As soon as he did, Jimmy steered me to the back corner of the bar, where I could see a blunt being passed around. “Well hello, boys,” I said coyly, wrapping a dark curly lock around my finger. “Mind sharing?”

~*~
Hours later, I found myself sitting next to Matt at the bar. He had cooled down considerably and, as of now, was just ignoring me.

“Sorry about earlier,” he grumbled as the bar tender handed me a rum and coke.

“No big,” I replied as I sipped on the drink.

“I’m not that big of a douche, but Val- I-I just don’t know.”

“It’s cool, really,” I replied, smiling at the guys who were calling me back over to them.

“No, it’s not,” he said, finally locking eyes with me.

Sighing, I bit my bottom lip as I looked between him and the other guys. “Look, I don’t normally do this, but do you wanna go somewhere and talk? Who knows, I might be able to cheer you up, no payment necessary,” I said, sliding over to him.

He took a gulp of his whiskey and nodded. “Yea, that’d be great.”

“Who exactly are you with?” he asked as he followed me out of the bar.

“I’m with Zacky and Jimmy, you know that,” I said, taking a seat next to him on the bench.

“No, I mean who are you with? Who are you dating?”

“Oh, I don’t date.”

“You don’t? but you’re so…”

“Experienced? That’s because of my job, well old job…actually, I’m not sure what to call it.”

He gulped. “So, you really are…”

“A prostitute? You don’t have to sugar coat it. I know what I am and I’m ok with it.”

“Really?”

I shrugged, not really comfortable with his scrutinizing stare. “It’s what I grew up doing. I’m used to the stares and the cat calls. It’s just my life,” I said, looking out onto the strip.

“Jesus, how old are you?”

I snapped my head at him. “I didn’t come out here to be preached at.”

Matt raised his hands in defense. “Sorry, I didn’t mean it.”

Happy with his reaction, I nodded. “So, this chick…”

“Yea?”

“You wanna forget about her? At least for the night?”

He looked at me uneasily.

“Whatever you want, I can give. That’s a promise.”

He squirmed in his seat a little.

“Hey,” I said, placing a hand on his thigh. “It’s not cheating if you two broke up.”

“But-”

“No one is going to know. I don’t fuck and tell.”

He nodded. “Yea, ok. You know, I’ve always wanted to do it on the beach.”

I grimaced a little at this, remembering what happened last time I granted this request. Sand was everywhere. Sighing heavily, I replied, “fine, but we’re using a big ass blanket. Sand is a bitch to get off you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been forever, but I'm home now (actually, that's a lie. I'm in FL with the fam to watch my big bro graduate...but that's beside the point) so I should be able to update regularly (sort of, I still need to figure out my schedule for my internship). Anywho, yea...this chapter was really awkward to write, and I'm sorry for that. Danni kind of wasn't talking to me.

So, yea. I have a new story up Secondhand Heartbeat. It's an original story that I've had in my head for awhile and I finally figured out how to begin in. Check it out and tell me what you think?

Comments, please?
=D Bree