Sequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Complete

Vodka and Lemonade

Starry Night

I rolled off of him as he fell into a deep sleep. It’s what normally happens to guys his age. Sighing, I ran a hand through my messed up hair and began to gather my clothes. Once I was clothed and mostly decent, I grabbed my payment from the dresser, as well as a few souvenirs from the back of the old lady’s jewelry case. She wouldn’t miss it, she had a shit load of other valuables.

Shuddering against the cold, I made my way out into the night. Sure, the people at My Friend’s Place told me that I didn’t have to do this. That there were other, more legal ways of obtaining cash. But their way took too long and didn’t way out as well as this one. With this life, I get $500 a pop and whatever I can get off the souvenir that I grab. Not to mention, all these guys are clean and they don’t ask you to do the really kinky stuff. I can just go in there, do my thing, and get the hell out. It’s all on the DL, and if they talk, they don’t mention names or toss out sleazy recommendations. Besides, I get clean money from my job at Starry Night (the strip club), and a roof over my head by working at the House. That’s a fair deal, right?

“Where’ve you been, kid?” Meeri asked. She was cleaning up a few things at the bar when I walked in.

“Oh, you know. Getting money. Check this out,” I said, dangling the gold chain laced with diamonds from my fingers.

Meeri let out a low whistle. “Damn, now was it given or taken?”

“It was at the back. Not like she’s gonna notice.” I said with a roll of my eyes as I pocketed the necklace. “Is the shower finally working?” I asked, heading towards the stairs that lead to the upstairs apartment.

“Yea, we have pressure, we just don’t have real hot water.”

“I’ll take what I can get. Night.”

“Night,” she called back. “What the hell am I going to do with you?” she muttered under her breath.

I pretended not to hear. I just kept walking up the stairs. It’s my life, I’ll fuck it up if I want to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so this chapter was much longer, but my computer decided to reboot without my permission, effectively losing all my hard work =( The next chapter should be somewhat familiar, though =D So, that's a plus.

Comments? Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns?

=D bree