Sequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Complete

Vodka and Lemonade

Clientele

“What the fuck, Danni?” Lou growled at me as he pinned me against a building. “What did I specifically say?”

“I’m sorry, Lou. I woulda done it, but Marcus found me.”

He pressed his forearm even further into my neck. “What the fuck were you doing with that bastard? I thought you paid your debts.”

“I-I did, but he still came after me and got me pretty bad. Please, let me go, I can’t fucking breathe!” I pleaded.

Lou slowly released his hold on me, making me fall to the ground, gasping for air. When I got my breath back, I slowly rocked back on the balls of my feet and lifted my shirt. I knew that even in the dim light, my bruises would stand out.

“Don’t you see what he did to me?” I asked.

Lou growled and bent down close to me. He examined every inch of my bruised skin. “Great, I was going to promote you, but now you’re no use to me until these are fucking gone. I’ll fucking kill him,” he growled before standing and yanking me up. He looked at his two body guards. “Add Marcus to the list. I’ll give a special reward to anyone who brings him to me alive.”

The two body guards- Jeremy and Tom- nodded.

“Come on, I can at least use your face to make this deal.” He dragged me for a block before he pushed on my back. “Stand up straight” He ordered. “You know the rules. No talking. If you absolutely need to, go through me.” We walked a few more blocks in silence. Lou halted me when we got to a nice executive building . He composed himself before ringing the bell.

“Who is it?” A gruff voice asked from the intercom.

“Lou.”

“How many are with you?”

“Two bodyguards and my pet.”

“Come on up.” I heard the door unlock and Lou pushed on it.

“You first,” he said with a strange smile. It was one I had only seen on him a few times before. It kind of scared me. We went into the elevator and rode up to the top floor. Lou, again, knocked on the door.

“Come in,” the same gruff voice from before said.

Lou was the first to walk in, me following, and the body guards following me. I stayed behind Lou as I surveyed the room around us. It was pretty boring, painted in a beige color. Pictures hung on the wall. The furniture was black, and a heavy set middle aged man was seat behind the desk.

“Lou, glad you could make it. Come, sit,” the man said.

Lou, always polite to potential benefactors, took him up on his offer and sat in the chair opposite him. I walked up with Lou and stood behind his chair. Tom and Jeremy stood by the door, as always.

“And who is this delectable creature behind you?” the fat man asked. I didn’t look that great. I was in one of Meeri’s old shirts. It was too baggy and there were rips in some places and dirt stains in others. My hair was a mess, since the water in the upstairs apartment wasn’t working, so I had to use the sink to clean myself.

Lou smiled and looked up at me. He took my hand and kissed it. “This is Danni, my favorite. Danni, this is Owen Hastings,” Lou introduced as he pulled me next to his chair. Owen Hastings surveyed me with hungry eyes.

I nodded my head. I didn’t have permission to speak yet.

“Danni is one of the many benefits that you will be entitled to when you invest in me.”

“Not much of a talker,” Owen noted.

“That’s only because she’s very good at following orders. She does exactly what you tell her- nothing more, and nothing less- all without asking unnecessary questions. She is a true rarity.”

“What about the others?”

“They will be professional.”

“And status?”

“All of my girls are clean. They get checked after every exchange, for insurance purposes.”
Owen nodded. “But of course,” he said, still looking at me. “How old are you?”

I looked at Lou, who nodded. “Eighteen,” I lied. My body had matured early and fast enough for me to get away with the five year gap.

“You’re no more than fifteen, but that’s ok. I like them young,” Owen said, licking his lips. He looked back at Lou. “You got yourself a deal, but, before we make it official, I want exclusive rights to Danni.”

Lou between me and Owen before finally nodding. “Deal. I will have a contract drafted up and sent over here. Shall we meet tomorrow for the exchange?”

Owen nodded, his eyes still locked on me. “I’ll see you then.”

They shook on it and Lou pulled me out of the office. When we were in the elevator and making our descent, Lou finally spoke. “You better make sure those fucking bruises are gone by tomorrow night. No one wants to be soft and tender to a business exchange.”

I nodded my head, wondering how in the hell I would pull it off.

“Here’s a new phone,” he said, pressing it into the palm of my hand. “I’m the only one with a number. Clients will call me, and then I will call you. You need to drop whatever the hell you are doing, unless if it is a drop, which are quick anyway, and come straight to me. Got it?”

I nodded. “What about the exclusivity clause?” I asked.

“It’s called a shower. I expect you to take one after each exchange. You can use the Spot for that. If two clients happen to want you on the same night, then I will make an excuse for the second. So far, Owen is the only one who knows about you, but that will change within the next few weeks. He’ll be your only one until you’re fully healed. To keep our clients discreet, you are not allowed to go out in public with them. You only go to the location, fuck them, then leave. Got it?”

“Yes.”

“He patted my cheek. I knew you would be worth keeping around. From now on, you only fuck who I say you can fuck.”

“Of course, Lou. I would never go against you.”

He smiled and kissed me before we headed toward The Spot. “Now, since you have been so good tonight, I’ll give you a little something special tonight.” His smirk told me that I would like it, so I followed him the rest of the way without any prodding. We went straight to the back- where the good stuff was kept. He mixed up something as someone tied a band around my forearm. “You’ll touch the stars with this,” he said, turning around and revealing a syringe filled with a clear liquid.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's been forever. Counterbalancing is a bitch. Enjoy!

Also, does anyone know any Spanish lullabies? You know, the ones to lure a baby to sleep? I need one for "Stars."

=D Bree