Sequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Complete

Vodka and Lemonade

If only you knew

“Wake the fuck up, Danni. I know that you can fucking here me,” Lou’s cold voice cut through my peace.

I opened my eyes quickly and sat up. I was in one of the extra bedrooms. I could tell by the red walls and black stain covers.

“Now, tell me what happened and where you were for the last month.”

“You mean I’m not dead?” I couldn’t believe how disappointed I was for that.

Lou just glared at me and raised his hand. “Answer the damn, question, Danni! You’ve been out for a week. Tell me where the fuck you were before Jimmy found you.”

“I don’t know…around? They kicked me out of the hospital and I’ve been wandering around since.”

Lou’s face was unwavering.

“Look, I’m sorry I missed the drop. I don’t know what the fuck happened. All I know is that I was laughing one minute, and in a hospital the next. I swear.”

“Why didn’t you come here?” he asked, still showing no emotion.

“Because I thought you were going to kill me! I’d already been in trouble once before and you said that next time I’m gone. I was scared, so I ran. Okay?”

Lou’s face finally softened and his hand gently caressed my cheek, much like an adoring father. “Hun, I wouldn’t have gotten you for that. Shit, happens. I understand. Okay? It’ll be alright. I started this family so that people like you would no longer be afraid, so that you guys could finally have a place to call your home.”

I settled into his embrace. Despite its dysfunctionality, this was my home and the people in it were my family.

“That’s my girl,” he said, pulling away. “Are you okay to move?”

I nodded my head. “I’ll be fine, I think.” I smiled, trying to suppress the nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Lou smiled. “Good,” he said before kissing my cheek. “Dinner will be ready in an hour, and I expect you to be there.”

I smiled and didn’t say anything. As soon as the door closed, I bolted and emptied the contents of my stomach into the porcelain bowl. This could not be happening. Not when I just got back into his good graces.

~*~
2 months later

Lou had called me into his office, which was weird because I had a drop soon and then an arrangement with a client soon afterwards…and Lou hated when we missed a drop. He hated it even more when we stood up clients. Like I said…very weird.

“You wanted to see me?” I asked, halfway in the doorway.

Lou nodded.

I quietly came in and shut the door behind me before walking up to his desk.

“Don’t worry about your duties tonight, I have someone covering them. Several of your clients have noticed an increase in your weight and a change in your moods. Apparently, you are no longer professional with them. I am here to test that theory.” His eyes were so cold. “you’ll find everything you need in the bathroom,” he said, motioning to the only open door.

I nodded my head curtly and slowly made my way over. I had the same theory as them, but I wasn’t stupid enough to go prove it…or to get rid of it. Lou has eyes everywhere. In the bathroom, I found the small box that would decide my fate. I took it in trembling hands and followed the instructions. I don’t think I have ever been so fucking scared for my life before. Once I was done, I disposed of the parcel and took the stick to Lou.

He accepted it and pointed to the chair in front of him before he went back to typing on his computer. Aside from the clicking of the keys, there was no sound. The minutes passed slowly and I could hear the blood pumping through my head. I was petrified. Either outcome, I didn’t know what was going to happen to me. I think that’s what scared me most- not knowing.

Finally, he glanced over at the stick. His lips pursed, he looked up at me. “When did this happen?”

Those four words echoed through my brain. When did it happen? That was a good question. A good question that I didn’t have an answer to. I mean, I’ve been with clientele. I could easily pass it off as one of theirs…but, then again, Lou goes out of his way to provide contraceptives. I was fucked. Literally.

“Well?” Are you going to answer my question?”

I bit my lip. Might as well get it over with. What’s the worst that he could do? Kill me? I’m ready. “I-I don’t know. I haven’t been sick since that one time I came back, and the doc gave me the all-clear for that.”

Lou studied me carefully. “I don’t believe you.”

“It’s the truth, I swear.” It really was. The only “symptom” I’ve had was my missed period, and that happens frequently because of the drugs.

“I don’t believe you,” he repeated as he reached for his phone. He dialed a number and waited, his eyes never leaving me. “Hey, Henry? I need you to make a house call. Bring the kit. Bye.” He hung up the phone and slowly stood up.

My eyes widened in fear as he stalked closer to me. “Whose is it?”

“I don’t know.”

He smacked me, making me fall backwards. “You know perfectly well whose it is.”

“I swear I don’t-”

Smack.

“I’m serious!”

Smack. “Tell me the truth, Danni, or your punishment will be worse.”

“I am! I Swear! I don’t know his name. He-he thought I was dead. I-it happened right before Jimmy found me. I swear. I don’t know his name.”

Lou smacked me again. “I don’t think you realize how powerful I am. Everyone knows you’re mine. Everyone. And they know better than to touch my property.”

By now, he had me against the wall. Still, he advanced further.

“You know, I only kept you around because you were good in bed, now, I just see that you’re nothin’ but a cheap druggie whore.”

What he didn’t realize was that he had backed me up against the weapon display. “That may be so,” I replied, wrapping my hand around the nearest knife, “but don’t forget that you’re the one who made me this way,” I said before plunging the blade into his stomach.

His eyes went wide when he realized what had happened. He staggered back a few steps, all the while clutching at the knife. I watched in a mixture of horror and pleasure at the sight. Soon, he dropped to the floor, his own blood pooling around him.

That’s when I came to my senses. The weight of my actions fell heavily on me. I had to get out before anyone found me. I pulled the knife out of Lou’s body and walked out of the office and house as if nothing had happened. No one questioned me. They were too used to my comings and goings. I walked for a block before I sprinted another three and threw the knife into a dumpster behind a restaurant. I walked another block and used a payphone, dialing the number that jimmy had given me almost half a year ago.

Zack picked up on the first ring. “Hello?”

“Zack, it’s Danni. You remember that offer you gave me a while ago? The one I kept turning down?”

“Yea.”

“C-Can I still take you up on it?”

“Of course! You know I would never turn you away. Jimmy and I will be at the spot in half an hour.”

“No! Um, I’m actually at the corner of East 8th street and South Central Avenue. It’s a little restaurant. You can’t miss it.”

“Um, ok then. Like I said, we’ll see you in a few. Don’t get into too much trouble,” he said before hanging up the phone.

“If only you knew the trouble I was already in,” I muttered into the phone. Sighing heavily, I put my back up against the side of the building and slid down. If only you knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've decided that re-doing "Gin and Juice" will be my summer project.

Enjoy!

=D Bree