Cinderella Man

Fighting to Get Over You

Aubrey woke up with a massive headache, feeling as if her head was about to explode. Her hand flew to her forehead as she sat up in her bed, as if her hand would calm the throbbing. She groaned as she rolled over, glancing at the clock. It was eleven forty in what she thought was the morning. The hotel curtains were drawn, blocking out any sun.

She glanced around the room, confused. She was sure this was not her room. This room was more expensive looking. It had a bar in the corner with a large stainless steel fridge. There were paintings scattered about and clothes carelessly thrown on the floor.

Then it hit her. She had fucked Marshall last night. Her memory was foggy, but she vaguely remembered the bathroom scenario and afterwards they took the sex back to the hotel. Marshall’s hotel room to be exact.

She quickly went to reach for her clothes on the floor, but retreated back under the covers as the bathroom door creaked open. Marshall stepped out, a towel wrapped around his waist. His chest was exposed, beads of water gliding down his toned abs. He ran a hand through his short hair.

His eyes locked with hers and he smirked. He fished out a white tee-shirt and a pair of boxers from his suitcase. Aubrey’s eyes followed him as she tried her best to remember what happened the previous night. She could definitely remember that the man did his job right. All the pleasure she felt could not be forgotten even from a hundred shots of tequila.

She glanced down under the covers, cursing as she realized she had nothing on. She wasn’t about to prance around butt naked in search of clothes. “Ain’t nuthin’ there I haven’t seen,” Marshall chuckled as he caught her glancing down.

She blushed, stumbling for words. “Unfortunately,” she whispered under her breath. Regret was washing over her. She fucked her boss after getting completely wasted. This was not how she wanted her relationship with Marshall to go.

He threw her one of his shirts. She caught it, staring down at it in confusion. “I accidentally ripped your dress,” he answered her unspoken question. She had put the dress back on after their bathroom romp and he attempted to unzip it again at the hotel room. After a few tries, he gave up and ripped the dress in two. She didn’t mind… at the time.

“Are you fucking serious?” It was her favorite dress. It was made for her – they way it fit and hugged every curve. She spent a fortune on that dress.

He shrugged, “I’ll buy you another one.”

She slowly put on his shirt, feeling very uncomfortable. She had slept with her boss. How much more awkward could their relationship get?

“Look,” Marshall began, his eyes glued to the floor as he spoke. “I don’t want last nite to change nuthin’ ‘bout us.” He liked the way they could talk to each other and how he could throw sexual advances at her.

Translated: Sex was great, but that’s all it will be.

She nodded as her heart sunk to her stomach. “Yeah, I feel the same.” She forced a smile to her lips, avoiding eye contact.

“Good,” he quickly threw on a pair of jeans. “I got an interview I have to get to. You have the day off.”

She nodded, clutching the sheets in her hands. She wanted to scream. How could she be so stupid?

“Oh,” Marshall turned back around just short of opening the door, “We leave tomorrow at seven.”

She nodded again, acknowledging that she heard him. It was their last day in the Bahamas. Maybe the beach and sun would drown out her inner thoughts and the regret she was feeling.



The sun did nothing to ease her internal struggle. Nor did the glistening water take her mind off things as the waves hit the shore. Aubrey had spent the last hour on the beach, focusing her mind on anything but Marshall.

She held the book Twilight in her hands, forcing herself to read it. As soon as she found out the vampires sparkle, she threw the book away. Now it was her last resort to keep her mind off the man she was crushing on.

What was it about him that plagued her mind so much? Sure, he was amazing when it came to the dirty – amazing was an understatement. The man was a God in bed. But that was beside the point.

It was definitely his personality that intrigued her. He was funny, perverted… um funny. Aubrey shook her head, ’There is nothing remotely likeable about that man.’

But she liked him. She couldn’t deny the feelings that were growing for him. Why did she like him? Hell is she knew.



“Good morning, Mr. Mathers,” Aubrey greeted her boss as she walked in his office. A bright smile was plastered on her face as she handed him some papers. “I have booked your interview with People magazine for Friday morning, your tour dates for Europe have been confirmed, and there are two applications for the secretary position.”

Marshall cocked an eyebrow at Aubrey’s unusual cheeriness. Since they came back from the Bahamas a week ago, Aubrey had been sulking and depressed, avoiding him at all possible times. Now she pranced into his office high as a kite. “Thank you,” he replied, not bothering to ask why she addressed him as ‘Mr. Mathers.’

She had finally managed to get over him. That, or she was pretty good at lying to herself. She occupied her time with her law books, hitting them harder than ever. At this rate, she would surely be accepted into Harvard. She told herself over and over again that she didn’t like him, that he was just like any other guy - a forgettable mistake.

“I will order lunch at noon. Anything particular you would like?” She held a pen in one hand and a clip board in the other, ready to take his order.

He looked up at her from the paper he was reading, “You.”

She was taken aback by his comment. It wasn’t the first time he threw a perverted line at her, but it was the first since their night in the Bahamas’. She couldn’t help the blush that crept onto her face. “I’m sorry, I’m not on the menu.”

He stood up and walked over to her. “That’s a shame,” he breathed, smirking, “because I’m really hungry.” He snaked his hands around her waist, pulling her closer to him. She tried her best to hold onto the objects in her hand, but they fell to the ground.

“Marshall,” she began to protest, but he silenced her with his lips. Her eyed were wide open, shocked at what was taking place. He was kissing her! He was really kissing her!

She slowly closed her eyes, letting herself melt in his arms. His tongue slipped passed her lips, eagerly exploring the caverns of her mouth. His hands cupped her ass, causing her to moan into the kiss.

She felt his hands on her thighs as he lifted her black, knee-length skirt up to her butt. He pushed her back, never breaking the kiss, and lifted her onto his desk. Her hands wrapped around his neck while he fiddled with his jeans.

She broke the kiss, suddenly realizing what they were doing. “Marshall, I can’t.”

He pulled back, confused. “Why not?”

She shook her head, slowly getting off the desk. “I’ll be in my office if you need anything.” With that, she made her way out of his office, closing the door behind her.

He sighed, resting both hands on the desk as he hunched over it. He wanted her – again. She was like a drug, his high. Her intoxicating scent and that voluptuous body was enough to get any man addicted. She was a natural at sex, possibly the best head he ever got. And her sweet moans… he wanted to hear them again.

He couldn’t deny it. He liked her. But how could he, Eminem, tell a girl he liked her? She would probably laugh at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love my readers!! Thank you for all the amazing comments. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you’re a reader of my other Eminem story I just want to let you know that an update might take longer. I’m hoping to get one of my friends to read through it and let me know if I need to add anything. I feel like I’m losing my touch on that story. Sorry to any Twilight fans (I liked the books myself but come on, sparlking vampires?!) Anyways, comments always welcome!!! <3