Cinderella Man

Blue Balls

What the hell was she thinking? How could she just blurt out those words? Aubrey wanted to shoot herself at that very moment and Marshall’s reaction was not helping.

He stared at her in a mixture of shock, confusion, and surprise. Had she just really said that? Maybe his mind was just playing tricks on him and made him hear what he wanted to hear.

Aubrey averted her eyes, trying to focus on anything but the intense baby-blues that stared at her. ’Damn it,’ she cursed inwardly. As if their relationship couldn’t get anymore awkward…

“I, uh,” she pulled back from him, a nervous smile plastered on her face. “I was just practicing, um, you know, so I can get used to the words coming out of my mouth. I wouldn’t want the girls to figure out that we hate each other’s guts.”

Marshall cocked an eyebrow, studying her. “Is that what you were doin’?” he asked in a curious tone. A smirk tugged at his lips, “You’re doin’ it all wrong. You ain’t never gonna convince them with that act.”

Aubrey opened her mouth to reply, but found herself being silenced by Marshall’s lips upon hers. Her eyes were wide, unable to comprehend that he was really kissing her. After a few failed attempts at explaining the current situation to herself, Aubrey caved and closed her eyes, losing herself in the blissful, passionate kiss.

She sunk back on the couch and he easily dominated her, his hands clutching her hips. She felt his tongue glide across her lips and, without hesitation, she welcomed it. Her hands clutched the back of his shirt as she savored the kiss.

Marshall broke the kiss, only to connect his lips to the crook of her neck. He left kiss along her collarbone, gently sucking on the skin when he pleased. Aubrey moaned from the immense pleasure and quickly found herself trying to unbutton his jeans. She fiddled with the button, but could not manage to unbutton his pants. Finally she looked down, hoping that her eyes could assist her in her conquest, but they did the exact opposite. What she saw only disgusted her, ruining any and all sexual desire she had built up.

There it was, blocking her view of his jeans. Her enormous, mountain-sized belly. She felt disgusting. Marshall wouldn’t, and didn’t need to, see her naked. The sight would scar him for life. She groaned, pushing against his chest. “Marshall, stop.”

He pulled back, confused. “What’s wrong?” Did he do something? Did he go too fast for her? Did he accidentally hit her stomach?

“What’s wrong? Marshall, I’m the size of a mountain! It’s like I have Kim Kardashian’s ass for a stomach,” she fumed with anger. She would get that liposuction out of him one way or another.

Marshall busted out into a fit of laughter, unable to control himself. “I dunno, have you seen that ass on her? I mean, daaaamn.” He stretched the word, licking his lips for an added effect.

Aubrey’s fist collided with his chest. She didn’t find the situation as funny. “It’s not funny!”

Marshall, still on top of Aubrey and pinning her down, ceased his laughter. His blue eyes glistened as he took in her body; starting from her legs, to her baby bump, her even more amazing chest, and finally her face. “You look beautiful to me.”

She let out a laugh, as if to say she wasn’t buying the sweet-talk. “Whatever. You can say what you want, you’re not getting any until I get a liposuction.”

He chuckled. “About earlier,” he began, his eyes locking with hers. “I wanted to tell you..” he trailed off, unable to form his sentence. He was never good with the romantic shit.

Aubrey raised an eyebrow, questioning him silently. Marshall opened his mouth again, but before he could get a word out Aubrey cut it. She jumped slightly, giggling in the process. He looked at her, confused.

“Here,” she said, taking his hand and placing it on her stomach. “He’s kicking.”

She paused to reflect on what she had just said. Who the hell was this person? The Aubrey she knew would never sound so… affectionate and motherly.

A smile spread across Marshall’s lips as he felt his son’s kick. He lost himself in the moment. Everything was perfect. He had her back in his life, the woman he cared for. He wasn’t thinking when he spoke, but he meant every word nonetheless. “I love you.”

Aubrey’s eyes immediately locked with his, searching for any trace of a joke. “We can cut the act, Marshall.”

He shook his head, “It ain’t no act.”

“Slim Shady…in love?” She chuckled, amusing herself.

“I ain’t heartless, you know.”

“Could’ve fooled me.”

Without warning, Marshall lunged at her, pinning her down to the couch. His beautiful, sapphire eyes bore into hers. “I’ve been told I’m a good actor.” His lips once again connected with the flesh of her neck, leaving a soft trail of kisses.

“Marshall,” she gasped as pure pleasure surged through her body. She wanted him. She wanted to feel him inside her. But there was one problem… “I can’t.”

“Don’t worry ‘bout it,” he said between kisses, “the baby won’t feel anything.” He continued on his trail, keeping her hands pinned above her head.

“No, Marshall. It’s not going to happen.” Whether the baby could feel it or not didn’t matter to her. She felt…gross.

Marshall groaned pulling back. “That kid’s getting it when he comes out,” he mumbled, standing up.

“Where are you going?” Aubrey asked as she watched him head towards the direction of his bedroom.

Marshall didn’t say anything. He simply pointed a finger at the bulge in his pants. “I ain’t ‘bout to get no blue balls.”

///

The next morning wasn’t as bad as Aubrey had expected it to be. The girls were relatively quiet. Maybe they had run out of questions or perhaps they didn’t have the energy to talk in the morning – whatever the case, Aubrey was grateful.

Soon after breakfast, the girls were each taken to school by Marshalls’ assistant. Aubrey, of course, was the last one left eating. After all, she had to eat twice as much, twice as long.

Marshall came into the kitchen with a notebook in hand. “I’m going to the studio,” he announced as he grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

Aubrey poked at the food on her plate, pondering on the events of the previous night. “Did you mean,” she paused, thinking her words over. “Did you mean what you said last night?”

Marshall stopped midway of taking a gulp of his water. He couldn’t lie to her. He didn’t want to lie to her. It was time to man up and tell her how he really felt. He wanted to tell her that every night after she quit, he had this urge to hold her. He wanted to tell her that she was on his mind twenty-four seven and nothing he did could keep him from thinking about her. “Yeah… I do love you, Aubrey.”

He stood there, vulnerable and without a shield, waiting for her reply. What if she didn’t feel the same way? What if she really hated his guts?

“Good,” she replied, smiling, “cause I think I love you too, Slim.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, I hope I didn’t butcher this too much. I tried to get the feelings out there, but still keep it on a humorous level (I thought the Kim joke was pretty funny >.>) Anyways, their feelings will be developed more in the next chapter. Big thank you to all the amazing readers that commented :) I <3 you guys!!! As always, comments greatly appreciated.