Wondering Moments

Chapter 2

"Hey Ashley." Eirene walked behind the cafe counter and put on her apron, as she slid her her key to her bike lock into the pocket. Her fire red hair was pulled back into a long pony tail that was rather wavy. She was wearing a white v-neck shirt that she tucked into her loose fashionable skirt. Her sandals looked Greek, or so people had told her before.

"I was wondering where you were. You took a little longer then you usually do. Are you sure everything is alright?" She hung up the phone and started toward Eirene.

"Yeah, really. I'm fine." Eirene just gave Ashley a big smile to prove it. "Who were you talking to?"

"Oh, another band wanted to book one of their shows here. It's a good thing we play live music here, I don't think people would come to this little shop otherwise.

The shop was a mixture of subjects. It originally started off as an old cafe shop in the 20's. Then the owner began to bring a bunch of her old book and put them on a shelf for people to buy or check out. Soon that little collection of book turned into a little miniture library. About in the 50's, they built a little stage for people to perform on if they wanted to play some music. Soon, it became a popular hang out for people.

"I don't think so. This place has been quite popular over the last decades. I think it's just that this place has so many memories. I think it would be to hard to be forgotten." Eirene began to look around the old shop, when she noticed a blond guy that looked like a magician. She let her eyes linger on him. Then looked away as soon as he looked at her. "Who's that?"

"I don't know, he's been here the longest though. I've never seen him around here before. Maybe he's new in town." Ashley took a peek at him, then turned back to notice a line of people waiting. They began to take orders.

"A town? This place is more like a village. It's not quite big enough to be a town yet." They both began to laugh.

"Excuse me, but may I have a refill?" The voice didn't sound like it belonged to a teenager. But, it didn't sound quite like a middle aged man either. Eirene looked up and saw the blond haired man standing in front of her.

His eyes were a faint blue gray, and his skin looked rather soft. He wore a white shirt that reminded her of pirates, only it was clean and more stylish. His pants where black and tight, but they weren't jeans. His shoes were Fringe Boots. He looked rather handsome to her. He was smiling a perfect smile with straight white teeth.

"Sure, what kind of cafe was it?" As he replied to her, she turned around swiftly and refilled it. When she turned back around, he was gone. She walked out from behind the counter and looked around. Then a hand came down gently on her shoulder. She turned around startle and dropped the cafe. But, when she looked up, the blond man was holding it. All the cafe in it. "How--"

"Thank you very much." He took her hand and put something in it and closed it. "For the beautiful lady." And at that, he left, walking between people and out the shops door.

She opened her hand and looked at what was in it. It was a tip.