Status: February 2010-February 2012

Butterflies and Dragonflies

Drew.

Today sucked. Taylor and I have six out of eight classes together and we barely said a word to each other. Yes, I did give Taylor a hug this morning and we seemed to be fine. But somewhere bewteen Abby's arguing and eighth period something went wrong and there was an awkwardness between us.

I let out a sigh as I pulled out my key to unlock my car. I was surprised when arms slipped around my waist. I saw Becky's reflection in the mirror. I turned around and kissed her softly on the lips. Good, things were still right between us. "How was your day?" I asked softly.

She shrugged. "It was okay. Abby's been talking about Taylor's coming back, and it was really annoying. It could've been better," she answered.

"Need a ride?" I asked.

She smiled. "If you don't mind," she answered quietly.

I returned the smile. "Of course I don't mind," I said and placed a kiss on her lips again. I grabbed her hand and lead her to the other side of the car. I opened the passenger's door for her and she got in. As I shut the door I saw Taylor standing nearby on the sidewalk staring at me. I gave him a small smile and waved but he didn't return the smile or the wave. He turned and walked away. I watched him until he was out of my view. I sighed and turned to get into my car.

The ride to Becky's house was silent after failure of trying to start up a conversation. It wasn't comfortable like it used to be. When we made it to her house I kissed her and she got out, slamming the door behind her without a goodbye. I guess things weren't right between us.

I waited until she was safely inside nonetheless. On my drive home all I could think about was Taylor. Weird. I should be thinking about my relationship with Becky. It's slowly falling apart and I could probably fix it but all I can think about is Taylor. Well, he is my best friend so it's not really weird. I thought about him and that sad look on his face when I waved at him. I debated on whether or not I should go by his house and ask whats up. I wanted us to be friends again. I wanted to go back to normal. I wanted us to do the things we used to do together without any awkwardness between us.

I let out a sigh and changed my direction.

<3

I stood on the porch and held up my fist to knock. Before I could gain courage to actually knock, the door opened to reveal Amy. She placed her hands on her hips and shook her head at me.

"Were you going to knock or just stand there?" she asked.

"I was-"

"Come in," she said rolling her eyes and pulling me into the house. "Taylor's in his room," she stated when the door was closed and locked.

"Huh?" I asked turning to face her.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "That's who you came for, isn't it?" she asked.

"Uh...well...yeah."

"Okay, go then!" she said pushing me towards the stairs.

I climbed the stairs and made my way to Taylor's room. I stood in front of his door and heard laughter on the other side and a voice I did not recognize. I stood there for a minute before knocking on the door. I heard Taylor's voice telling me to come in. So, I took a deep breath and turned the doorknob. Taylor and a guy I've seen before-but name I do not know and do not care to know-looked at me. I stood in the doorway staring at them. The guy was lying on the floor and Taylor was sitting next to him on his knees. Their books and notebooks and junk food was scattered on the floor. They were doing homework together, something I used to do with Taylor when things were normal.

Something in my chest was tearing. I felt my stomach drop and I felt sick. I stepped out of the room and shut the door behind me. I just stood and stared at the door. Was I actually jealous that Taylor was doing homework, laughing, talking and, smiling with someone who isn't me?

Yes.
♠ ♠ ♠
gasp. two updates in a day?
yeah, I'm coo like that.
(p.s. no, i didn't leave the l out of 'cool')

ideas,
opinions,
Comment?


<3