Status: February 2010-February 2012

Butterflies and Dragonflies

Drew.

There was a knock on my door, but I didn't call for the person to enter nor did I get up to open the door. I knew it was Amy. So, I just stayed curled up on my bed crying and waited for her to let herself in. The door opened and she quietly entered my room shutting the door softly behind her. I felt weight on the bed and then arms wrapped around me. I just laid there for a moment before sitting up to face Amy.

"Aw, Drew!" She cried when she saw my tear stained face. She wrapped her arms around me again and I buried my face in her shoulder. It was quiet for a moment until Amy opened her mouth to speak again. "You should just tell him, Drew. I'm sure everything will turn out fine. That's what he wants."

I pulled away from her. "I'm not okay with this, Amy. I don't want to like boys."

"But it's not boys, its Taylor."

"And I'm not okay with liking him like that."

Amy let out a sigh and we were silent once again. This time the silence was broken by my phone vibrating. Amy watched me as I grabbed my phone off of the bed. I looked at the phone and then back up at Amy. She was staring at me curiously.

"Its a text from Taylor," I whispered.

"Open it," she ordered.

I shook my head. "He's probably asking me if Becky and I are back together," I answered.

She sighed and snatched my phone out of my hands and opened the text. After she read it she looked back at me. "What does it say?" I asked softly.

"It does ask if you and Becky are back together," she said and then looked back down. "and it asks what do you think about Alex."

"Delete it," I said.

She looked back at me. "No, I'm going to reply."

"No, Amy, just delete it."

She ignored me and started typing. I leaned over to snatch the phone out of her hands but she moved away before I could. She got out of my bed and backed up to the door. I groaned and made my way over to her. "Finished!" she said quickly and handed me my phone back.

I groaned and snatched the phone out of her hand. "What did you say?" I asked reluctantly.

"I told him that you and Becky are not back together and that you have no intentions on getting back with that bitch and I asked why does he care what you think about Alex," she answered simply.

I rolled my eyes and headed back to my bed. When I sat down my phone started to vibrate. I looked up at Amy and she was quickly by my side. I sighed and opened the text.

Why what happened? Did she bitch out on you? And I just wanted to know what you thought about Alex...

"Give me the phone," Amy ordered sticking her hand out.

"No, I've got it this time," I mumbled and started texting him back.

I didn't even go to her house. I suddenly didn't have the urge to get back with her. And I guess Alex is an okay kid. I don't really know him.

I sent the text and let out a sigh. "Why'd you do that?" Amy asked.

"Do what?"

She sighed and shook her head. "Drew, this is the perfect time for you to tell him. Just see how it goes. If you really weren't okay with this then you would've went to Becky's house to get her back, but instead you came home because you realized you're in love with your friend. Your best friend, the friend who is in love with you, too. You guys are perfect for each other and you should just give it a chance."

My phone vibrated when she stopped talking. I looked up at Amy and she was of course watching me. I sighed and opened the text. why what happened? are you okay?

He didn't even ask about Alex this time. He was actually concerned about me. Well, he is my friend why wouldn't he be and I already know how he feels about me so why should I feel so special? I sighed and texted him back. I'll tell you about it tomorrow, I'm tired. I sat my phone on the nightstand and looked back at Amy.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow. I don't want to text him about it or talk about it over the phone," I said.

Amy gave me a small smile and nodded. She gave me a hug and I hugged her back. "So, where do I sleep?" she asked when we pulled away.

"The guest room," I said.

"Oh, thanks, but I don't feel like getting up, so I'll just sleep here," she said crawling next to me and getting under the cover. "Unless you want to carry me in there," she added.

I rolled my eyes. "Goodnight, Amy," I said.

She smiled and laid down. "Have you and Becky ever you know...had sex in this bed?"

"Oh my god, no, Amy," I answered.

She giggled. "Just making sure."

I sighed and got out of bed to take my shirt and my jeans off. I pulled on some pajama pants and laid back down in my bed with my back to Amy. I stared at my phone on the nightstand before grabbing it.

Goodnight Taylor. I love you.

I sent the text and laid the phone back on the nightstand. Its not like I never told him I loved him before. Its just this time I mean it in a different way. I waited for my phone to vibrate telling me that I had a text from Taylor, but it never did and I ended up falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
iloveyourcomments.(:

ideas,
opinions,
Comment?


<3

Tumblr

p.s. I guess I didn't read over this good enough. I accidentally put Taylor instead of Alex so I changed it. Thanks to xxcupcakerapistxx for pointing it out. >.<