Status: February 2010-February 2012

Butterflies and Dragonflies

Taylor.

"Taylor, dinner is ready!" my mom called from downstairs.

"Okay, coming!" I yelled from the bathroom.

A few minutes ago I finished my homework and then I was bored and decided to fix my hair. It was straight in the front and spiky in the back.. I nodded in satisfaction and opened the bathroom door to hear my phone ringing. I hurried into my room and grabbed my phone off of the nightstand. My eyes widened as I stared at the caller ID. It didn't have a name, because the number wasn't stored in my phone, but I knew the number very well.

A mixture of emotions ran through me. Excitement, nervousness, sadness and slightly anger. I bit my lip when it stopped ringing. I groaned and threw the phone on the bed. I took too long to answer and I knew he wouldn't call back. I sighed and turned to leave but stopped when it started to ring again. I turned around and snatched it off the bed. I took a deep breath before answering it.

"Hello?" my voice cracked slightly.

"Um...hi Taylor," his voice said softly.

"H-How'd you get my number" I asked curiously.

"I asked your sister for it," he answered.

Well, duh Taylor. "Oh...how'd you know I changed it?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"I tried calling you," he answered quietly.

Why am I asking dumb questions? To hear his voice? To hear the truth? "Really? When?" I asked getting slightly happy.

"Yesterday," he said.

"Oh," I frowned. I was hoping it was the week or day after I had changed it.

He sighed. "Taylor, I called to say sorry."

"Took you long enough," I mumbled.

"Well, what was I supposed to say? You told me you were gay and that you had a crush on me," Drew said slightly angry, his tone rising. "How long have you been gay?"

I felt tears coming. "Since I was fifteen," I answered, my voice cracking.

"Is that how long you've...had a crush on me?" he asked quietly.

I sniffed. "Yes."

Drew groaned and tears rolled down my cheeks. "I have to go, dinner's ready," I mumbled trying to cover up the fact that I was crying. I hung up before he could reply and threw my phone on the bed.

"Taylor!" my mom called again.

I wiped the tears away and left my room, heading down to the kitchen. I sat in the seat across from Amy with my head down. I wasn't really hungry. "You let the food get cold," my dad said.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"What's wrong, honey?" my mom asked sympathetically.

"Nothing," I answered quietly.

No one asked me anymore questions or said a word to me. They knew they wouldn't get anything out of me, but I felt Amy's eyes on me the whole time. I knew she'd interrogate me later. I took two bites of my pasta and asked to be excused. I made my way back into my room and closed the door. I laid on my bed and my phone started to ring. I knew it was Drew. I sighed and turned the phone off and placed it on the nightstand.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3