Status: February 2010-February 2012

Butterflies and Dragonflies

Drew.

My finger hesitated over the doorbell. Before I made my decision to push it or not, Mrs. Lenin opened the door. "Hello Drew, we haven't seen you in a while!" she exclaimed. "Amy told me what happened between you and Taylor," she added when I didn't reply.

I opened my mouth to say something but words didn't come out. "Come in, Drew," she said stepping aside to let me in.

I went into the house and stood awkwardly looking around. It was the same since I've last been here. "Is he here?" I asked quietly, finally finding my voice.

"No, Amy took him out for dinner or something," Mrs. Lenin answered. "You're welcome to wait around."

I nodded and sat on the couch. "Are you hungry?" she asked as she walked into the kitchen.

"No, ma'am," I answered and let out a sigh.

<3

After about thirty minutes of waiting, Taylor entered the living room. He stared at me with wide eyes. I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat. "Hi, Taylor," I said, my voice cracking.

"Hi Drew!" Amy's excited voice said as she appeared beside Taylor.

"Hey Amy."

Taylor took this moment to hurry out of the room. I groaned and buried my face in my hands sitting back down on the couch. "He hates me," I mumbled.

Amy sighed. "You two are so stupid! No wonder you're friends, no wonder he likes you!" she yelled frustrated. "Go and talk to him!" she yelled pulling me off of the couch.

I sighed and nodded. "That was mean though."

She grinned at me and pushed me towards the stairs. "Just go!"

I sighed again and began to walk slowly up the stairs. I took a deep breath when I got to Taylor's door. I knocked and waited for him to answer. I guess I wasn't really expecting him to answer, so I just opened the door and stepped in.

"Tay?" I said quietly shutting the door behind me. He laid in his bed with the covers over him, his back facing me. "I'm sorry, Taylor."

"Go away!"

I sighed and sat on his bed. "Stop being difficult, Tay."

He sniffed and sat up. His eyes were red and puffy from all of the crying and his eyeliner was smeared. This broke my heart to know that I was the reason he was like this. I pulled him into a hug and he immediately wrapped his arms around me in response.

"Are you two alive or did one of you kill the other?" Amy's voice yelled from the other side of the door. Before we could answer she barged in. "Aw!"

I pulled away from Taylor, but he kept his arms around me. "I'm sorry for not telling you," he mumbled in my shoulder.

"Its okay, Tay," I replied.

"So, are you two good again?" Amy asked.

"No, that's why I'm hugging him," Taylor said sarcastically.

"Oh, well kiss and make up!" she urged.

Taylor sighed and pulled away from me. "Go away, Amy," he grumbled.

She grinned at him and came to sit next to me on the bed. "That's okay, I'd like to stay and chat," she said shaking her head.

"Make her go away, Drew!" Taylor groaned.

I chuckled and stood up. I picked Amy up bridal style and carried her out of the room, ignoring her protests. I sat her on her feet outside of Taylor's room. "Bye Amy," I said as I shut the door.

"You probably want to put a sock on the door or something and oh, don't forget to use protection!" she yelled from the other side of the door.

"Fuck off!" Taylor yelled.

Her giggling could be heard as I made my way back to Taylor and sat back down in my spot. We sat in an awkward silence for a moment. "So, how are you and Becky?" Taylor asked quietly, breaking the silence.

I looked up at him; he was looking down at his hands. "We're...okay," I answered shrugging.

He looked up at me quickly. "What's wrong?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You said that like you didn't mean it," he stated.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "She and Abby think that I'm cheating on her with Amy," I explained monotonous.

"My sister, Amy?" Taylor asked, his eyes widening.

I nodded slowly. "I bumped into her yesterday and we ended up talking and we skipped our last class and sat in my car. Abby and Becky got the wrong impression," I explained.

Taylor rolled his eyes. "They're stupid. Did they even let you explain?" he said angrily.

"I tried."

"If Becky is going to judge you like that and jump to conclusions, she doesn't deserve you. You're better than that," Taylor said sympathetically.

I gave him a small smile. "Thanks."

Taylor stared at me and I looked at him with wide worried eyes. He was moving closer. Like he was about to kiss me. I quickly turned away from him. "Um...I think I should get going...I have homework to finish," I said nervously standing up.

"Oh...um...okay," Taylor mumbled in reply.

I looked back at him. His eyes were looking down now. I bit my lip and headed for the door. I turned to look at Taylor again before walking out of his room, closing the door behind me. I leaned against the door and sighed.

"What happened?" Amy asked curiously, suddenly appearing in front of me, making me jump.

"He-he tried to-" I shook my head and walked around her. I hurried down the stairs and quickly exited the door. I knew I shouldn't have came. I knew if I stayed friends with him he'd try to do something like that. But I missed him. I had to see him. I don't know if I can handle this though. I sighed deeply as I got into my car.

There is no way in hell I'd be able to do homework tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Subscribe?