Status: The End.

Fall From Grace

One

I woke up to a throbbing in my head and an aching in my legs. Something also felt itchy on my stomach. I forced my eyes to open and was a little confused as to what I saw.

I was lying in a hospital bed wearing a hospital gown. My leg had some sort of brace on it, which would explain the aching.

I turned my head to the left and was greeted by a pastel colored curtain. I’m assuming it was to separate patients from each other. I rolled my head back to the right and saw I had the half of the room with the window.

It was snowing outside. Weird. It never snowed in California … ever. Well, unless you were up in the mountains of course, but I lived down near the beach with my best friend Violet. We moved in just a couple days ago actually. We were headed up to Colorado to celebrate our new life after college with a little ski trip.

Ski trip.

Now I remember why I’m here……

“Oh good, you’re awake darling,” A middle aged woman said standing next to the monitors I was hooked up to.

I gulped, my throat stung from being dry. She handed me a small plastic cup with water in it. I took a sip and attempted to speak.

“How long was I out?” I asked in a rather hoarse voice.
“About a week,” She answered, “We were starting to think you weren’t going to wake up.”

She moved down to the edge of the bed where the brace around my leg was, “Don’t worry sweetheart, the doctor just wanted to put this on so you didn’t get anymore bruises if you woke up. The only injury you came in here for was a concussion. Your friend said you fell off your snowboard and hit a tree or something like that.”

Great dumbass. You hit a fucking tree snowboarding. When’s the last time you did something stupid like that?”

She removed the brace from my leg, “I’ll let the doctor know that you’re awake.”

I nodded in response and continued looking around the room.

“She’s awake!?”

I knew that voice all to well.

Not even a second later, Violet was bouncing up and down next to my bed screaming that I was awake.

“Yes,” I answered, “My head hurts.”

She quickly stopped screaming and bouncing, standing still beside me.

Violet wasn’t your average twenty three year old. She was like a six year old trapped in a twenty three year old’s body. Her hair changed colors on a monthly basis. This month’s color was a dark shade of red, almost auburn like.

Mine however, stayed the same color year round. A simple shade of blonde that sometimes got highlighted when I thought it was looking dull.

While Violet’s eyes were a warm shade of brown, mine were a bright sparkling blue. Both of us somehow managed to keep our semi fair complexions tan during the year though.

There was another difference between me and Vi. She was a fucking giraffe. I was a goddamn baby cow. She stood at a rough 5’10. I however, reached a whole whopping 5’4. She had the half foot height advantage here.

“Where are we?” I asked, questioning why I didn’t ask the nurse before.

“Denver,” Violet explained, pulling a chair up next to me, “They flew you from the mountain to Denver because you wouldn’t wake up and they thought your brain was going to explode.”

“You should’ve been awake though! It was so cool riding in the helicopter!”

I nodded and listened as she told me everything that happened between when I hit the tree and now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is going to be a story in the works.
Not really sure when I'll start it, but this is what I have so far.

REV