Status: The End.

Fall From Grace

Twelve

Zacky came back a little while later and Violet had left with the guys; probably to go hang out with Jimmy while he was still in town.

I fell asleep early and my body thanked me for it.
It was exhausted. I was exhausted.

Unfortunately, my mind was going to keep me up half the night trembling in fear.

It was me and Zacky in a park, and a beautiful park at that. We were laying on the grassy hill looking up at the clouds and for some reason, we were engaged.

Then he decided to tell me he was cheating on me with another woman and that he loved her more than me. I begged and pleaded for him to stay, but he wouldn’t listen to me. He just got up from where we were laying and walked away and out of my life.

I was devastated. My heart was just shattered into pieces by a guy who I barely even knew, but I still felt that emotional attachment to him. My world had just come crashing down.

“Hayden,” A mumbled voice called. I forced my eyes open and through my blurry vision I saw Zacky crouched down next to me at the side of my bed.

“You okay?” He asked, taking my hand in his and rubbing soothing circles on the back of my palm with his thumb. Just one touch and my body was already calming down.

With my free hand I wiped my eyes quickly, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

He gave me one of his signature looks that obviously told me he knew I wasn’t. “You were screaming and yelling my name saying that I shouldn’t leave you or something like that,” He explained. I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks and I did my best to try to bury my face in my pillow, but sadly, it wasn’t working.

“It’s okay,” he chuckled.
I groaned, “Can we just pretend like it never happened?”

He nodded, “Sure.”

I can’t believe I actually screamed his name, and not in the good way either.
I felt like a loser now.

“Was it a nightmare?” He asked. I nodded.
“About me?” He asked. I nodded once more.

He looked down at the floor and let go of my hand, “I’m sorry Hays.”

I took a chance and reached out, cupping his cheeks with my palms, “It’s alright. You didn’t do anything.”

“I bet you can’t sleep now, can you?”

“No,” I admitted.

“I could sing you a song if you want,” He offered.

I scooted over on the bed and patted the small, but empty space next to me inviting him to take a seat. What he did next came as a total surprise to me.

He motioned for me to sit up a little and slipped into the bed behind me, cradling me in his arms.

Somehow, we both fit on that bed.

“What’s your favorite song?” I asked, not knowing if he would know any of the songs I liked.

“Promise not to make fun of me?”
“Promise.”
“It’s something you wouldn’t expect from me.”

I stayed silent and waited for him to finished.

“Vegas Skies.”

A smile spread across my cheeks as he jumped right in to singing the song. With a voice like his, any girl would fall asleep in his arms.

But tonight, I was the girl who had him.

So say goodnight our first goodbye. I've only got forever and forever is fine. Just take your time. We'll stop the clock together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Summer is here. ..... Well, okay, after a few tests Tuesday and Wednesday.

REV