Status: The End.

Fall From Grace

Thirteen

The sun blinded me as I woke up the next morning. First, I freaked out when I felt another person in the bed, but then my heart rate slowed when I realized it was just Zacky.

A soft knock came from the other side of the door.

“Come in!” I hollered hoarsely. The door unlatched and the doctor stepped in. I poked Zacky’s side and his eyes immediately shot open.

“Morning sunshine,” I smiled.
“Morning beautiful,” He mumbled, kissing my collar bone that had been peaking out of the hospital gown I was wearing.

It was at this moment I became fully aware of how easily accessible these hospital gowns were if two people had become extremely horny and wanted to get things done very quickly.

The doctor coughed loudly and I came out of my strange world of odd thoughts.

“I have good news,” He announced, “The two of you are being released this afternoon.”

My jaw dropped. And apparently, so did Zacky’s.

“Both of you have just a few days of recovery, but everything else on your charts looks good,” He said flipping through the pages, “I’ll have a nurse bring in your discharge papers and you two can be on your way,” He finished, “Any questions?”

I shook my head.

“Alright, I’ll have them bring in the papers then,” He said right before leaving the room.

“Wow,” I breathed out, settling back into Zacky’s chest, “We’re actually going to get out today.”

“Yeah,” He replied quietly. I rolled over on to my side and pressed the palm of my right hand flat up against his chest. I shouldn’t have done that, I really shouldn’t have, because next thing I knew, I was lost in his intriguing green eyes.

A smirked crossed his lips and he moved his hand to the small of my back, pushing me even closer to him. He brought himself up a little bit and connected our lips together. My whole body froze at the amount of electricity flowing through my veins from just one kiss.

He chuckled as he pulled away, “Even the machine can tell I make your heart skips beats.”

I shut my eyes and gritted my teeth. This was so not happening!

“Awh come on Hays,” He sang, “You know ---“

I pressed my lips up against his, capturing them in a soft, yet forceful kiss.

Now who was the one who had the heart monitor going crazy?

But just as I was about to roll over to get out of bed, he brought me back to him, locking our lips once more. To say I could never get enough of this man would be a complete and utter understatement.

He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, “Maybe we should get dressed now and call our friends.”

I nodded hesitantly knowing that this would probably be the last time I would be seeing him.

A couple hours later, Violet and I were saying goodbye to the guys. The nurse had just come in and gave us our papers saying we were discharged.

I hugged each one of the guys wishing them luck on the rest of their tour and I even hugged Violet just for the hell of it. Except, we made a huge deal out of it and pretended like we were leaving each other forever.

And then it was time to say goodbye to Zacky.

Let’s be honest here, I was alittle really sad to say goodbye to him because even for spending a little over two weeks in a hospital together, I already had strong feelings towards this kid. And well, physical attraction helps a bit too.

He made me feel so many things I never knew I could feel in such a short amount of time.

Needless to say, I was falling in love with him.

I sighed as I made my way over to him. I opened up my arms for a hug, but instead was pulled into a very emotional and deep kiss. I wish it would’ve never ended. Luckily, no one was really paying attention to us either.

“Stay off the slopes Hays,” He smiled, kissing the top of my head.
“Watch out for cords on the ground,” I retorted, placing a kiss on his cheek.

We stood in a warm and loving embrace for a few more minutes before parting our ways and heading out towards the parking lot.

“Here,” Violet said handing me my phone and ipod back, “It’s going to be a long drive back to California.”
♠ ♠ ♠
REV