Status: The End.

Fall From Grace

Three

I really shouldn’t have started reading Twilight on the drive to California. But! I was only reading it because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I still don’t understand, but that’s a different story.

I bring this up because I have a stupid quote stuck in my head from it. I had been thinking about it since the minute I woke up this morning.

That was the first night I dreamed of Edward Cullen.

However, my version varied, slightly. See instead of dreaming about vampires and running away with them so I could spend forever and an eternity with them, I dreamt about the boy I had just met before I said good night to him.

I dreamt about his snakebites and how the cold metal would feel against my lips. I dreamt about how the palm of his hand would be bigger than mine and how it would feel if we walked on the beach together. I dreamt about him taking me back to his place, which happened to be right up off of the beach, and him having his way with me.

A frustrated groan escaped past my lips as I forced my eyes open. I was greeted by the bright ass sunshine staring back at me, almost mocking me. It was making fun of the fact that my head was still killing me and I was still a dumbass for running into a tree.

What the hell was I even thinking going on a ski trip to Colorado in the first place? I haven’t been skiing, let alone snowboarding, in years!

My right arm rose up from the bed and my palm met my face with a loud smack.

“Did you just slap yourself?” The nurse asked, giving me a questioning look. I swore I heard her asking herself if she should go get a neuro consult incase there was more damage to my brain.

I ignored her and looked up at the ceiling. Since when have there always been that many dots up there?

“How do you feel today Ms. Mullins?” She asked, scribbling a few things down on to a clipboard.

I shrugged, “Better than yesterday. Except for the headache I have.”

She nodded understandingly, “It’ll be a few days before that headache goes away. Your brain is still trying to recover from the accident.”

“Are there any dugs I can take to make it not so bad?” I asked, trying my best to convince her to give me the good stuff.

“I’ll see what I can get for you honey,” She said flipping the top of the chart shut and patting my ankle.

She went over to the other side and started talking to the boy I had met last night. I heard a few things, but not much. It’s not like I couldn’t hear them, because frankly, I don’t think I fabric curtain is sound proof. But anyway, I had sort of zoned out. I was mentally disciplining myself for the thoughts I had been thinking earlier.

As I was in the middle of giving myself a self lecture, the curtain diving me and the boy was pushed back by the nurse.

“I’ll be right back with something for the both of you,” She said and headed out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

Once the door latched shut, he spoke up, “So…”

“So…”

“Did you have a good dream last night?” He asked, sounding rather casual about it.

“No.”

“Sounded like you ad a good dream by the way you were moaning,” He smirked.

My face must’ve turned a thousand shades of red. Did I really moan in my sleep?! Oh fuck! What if I had moaned his name out loud?!

“Don’t worry,” He said noticing my uncomfortableness, “I’ll pretend like it never happened.”

“You know,” I said trying to think of a logical reason, rather than just admitting to it, “I was in a lot of pain. My head still really hurts.”

“Those didn’t sound like moans of pain,” He stated, shooting a grin at me.

The door to our room swung open and the nurse came back with a glass of water for both me and Zacky. She also handed each of us a couple pills, which I gladly accepted! She left the room again and an awkward silence fell between us.

I rolled over on to my side and faced the window, letting out a quiet sigh.

“You shouldn’t be ashamed if it was a good dream,” He said from the other side of the room.

“Can we just drop the fact that I may or may not have moaned out in my sleep?” I snapped at him.

“Fine,” He quipped, “But I’ll pretend like you were moaning for me.”

Oh, I was moaning because of you.

“Such a perv!” I accused, flipping over in the bed.

“I’m a guy,” He said bluntly, “What’d you expect?”

“For you to be a gentleman,” I quickly retorted.
“Not today sweetheart,” He smiled.

I laughed at him, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You will find out soon young grasshopper,” He said in a horrible ‘Buddha’ tone.
♠ ♠ ♠
REV