Status: The End.

Fall From Grace

Nine

The next day passed by really slowly. The doctor said that both of us were doing much better and our recovery would just continue from here. We no longer needed nurses to walk behind us and they let us wander around the hospital.

But when the doctor came in today, he told us we could go outside.

Finally.

They gave us some scrubs so we didn’t have to walk around in those ugly hospital gowns. They also handed us our undergarments too, seeing as we could get up and go to the bathroom on our own now.

Zacky groaned when I shut the curtain to change. I chuckled at him and shook my head, pulling the strings of the hospital gown to take it off. I threw on the scrub pants and rolled them up around my hips to make them a bit shorter. I tucked a few cancerous sticks in to the waistband and stuck the lighter in down my bra. I pulled the scrub shirt over my head and messed with my hair a bit. I girl could really use a brush right now.

I moved the curtain back against the wall and I nearly stopped breathing. My eyes were glued to his colorful chest as his cheeks flushed a cherry red. I bit the inside of my cheek and he quickly threw his shirt on.

He coughed and that was enough to bring me back to reality. “Ready?” He asked. I nodded and moved across the room to him. We passed by the nurse’s station and went down the hall to the elevators.

The whole time, well okay, most of the time, I had the vision of Zacky shirtless in my head.

I admit; I was taking a liking to this man.

We made it outside and sat down on one of the benches near the food court.

“You know what would be really good right now?” Zacky asked, raising a questioning brow at me.

“What?”
“A smoke.”
I grinned a devilish grin.

“Hayden ……” He said slowly, eyeing me cautiously, “What do you have?”

I smirked an unrolled my waistband, pulling a two cancerous sticks out. His eyes lit up like the fourth of July when I handed him one. I fished out the lighter out of my bra and stuck the paper filter between my lips before lighting it and passing the lighter to him. He lit his and handed me my lighter back.

He drew in a breath and I swear I saw his eyes roll back in his head. Then he turned to me and smiled with the cigarette between his lips at the corner of his mouth, “I believe I love you right now.”

I chuckled, “Guess you’re just lucky to be rooming with a girl who has the same addictions, “I shrugged, taking another inhale.

He glanced over at my chest before meeting my eyes, “You don’t have a bottle of Jack in there do you?”

I shook my head, “If I did, I’d sure as hell crack that open too.”

He turned away, but I knew there was a huge grin plastered on across his face.

We sat there on the bench in silence feeding our nicotine addictions. Part of me wondered if we’d get in trouble for smoking outside of a hospital. And part of me could honestly not give a shit whether we were allowed to or not.

Either way, I was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for my absence. I just didn't have the energy to write.
But summer is just around the corner, and if I'm not at the barn,
I will try to write. Promise :]

REV