The Black Parade

Chapter 9- Seeking the Answers

Kye truged along behind the parade and kept quiet. He hhad never noticed that he was hated so much. Marie still walked beside him, but didn't dare strike up a conversation. She was still trying to fathom what Kye had done before he got killed. But whatever he did, he must have deserved it.

The angel, Rajani had not appeared for a while after her confrentation with Kye. The rest of the parade was also quiet. Not even the band played, and that meant alot in Halfway. A few of the marches now and then turned their head to gaze at Kye, but quickly turned back again. But Kye, he remained annonomous to everything that was happening around him. His gaze never left the ground.

"I want to go home," Kye would mumble now and then. He missed his life and had now started to appreciate it for how it was. But it was too late now. His chance had come and gone for change, and yet he still didn't take it.

He suddenly looked up at Marie.

"Marie? When are we judged?" Kye asked nervously. Marie looked at him.

"When the time comes," Marie replied. Their conversation broke the silence through the parade. "Some of us are juded straight away, some of us must wait for fifty years or more."
Kye nodded in acceptance. He had no other choice. He had to accept his fate.

One thing that gnawed at him though was what the Goths said to him in the corridor that day.
"Do not judge where we have been," Kye remembered what the first Goth said. If they came here, they would have to be dead. So how did they get out? They said they were the lucky ones. Was he dead to begin with. None of it made sence. Thnking of what the Goths said just made Kye's head spin more in confusion.

"Hey, Marie? A few years before I arrived, did a few Goths arrive here as well, then escape?" Kye asked suddenly. Marie stared at him in confusion.

"I don't know what you mean. It is impossible to penetrate the Gate back to the real world. Or reverse the suction of the Gate. Either way, it is impossible to escape from Halfway, no matter how hard you try," explained Marie.

A sudden though sprang into Kye's thoughts. Rajani.

"RAJANI!" called Kye. Smoke whisped around, picking up ash and dirt to form the fiure once again of Rajani.

"You helped them back didn't you? The Goths who came here years ago. You helped them somehow. I know you did, because the Goths warned me of this place. And since it is impossible to escape from Halfway, and since you're the only one with enough power to bring the souls of the dead here, you can let them go back!" Kye growled.

Rajani stared at him down her nose. Kye suddenly let out a revengeful scream and launched himself at the dark angel. He gripped the lapels of her coat and stared into her eyes.

"Tell me Rajani!" he screamed tightening his grip.

"Yes, I did," Rajani smiled.