Quidditch Mania

I Am A Gryffindor

Hannah's P.O.V

I looked further down the table spotting a very nervous looking Harry; he wasn't eating breakfast at all. The bushy brown haired girl from the train, who I learnt was named Hermione, tried to make him eat a slice of toast, however he refused.

"Harry, you need your strength." Said the boy that was seated next to Harry, his accent gave away that he was Irish. I remembered him saying something during the sorting ceremony that his mother was a witch and his father was a muggle. "Seekers are always the ones who get nobbled by the other team."

A great pep-talk for a first time player…though it was completely true especially when it comes to the Slytherins…cheating sons of banshees. Eleven o'clock approached quickly, our group walked down towards the pitch. As we arrived, Willow bid us farewell.

"Good luck!" she said, "Beat those bastards for us will ya!" she then turned round to stroll towards the stands, avoiding a very aggravated looking Stretton.

In the changing room, once everyone had arrived and was ready for the game ahead of us, Oliver proceeded to give us his legendary pep-talk.

"Ok, men." He began.

"And women." Angie interjected.

"And women." He agreed, "This is it."

"The big one," Fred imitated, trying to put on a Scottish accent.

"The one we've all been waiting for." Added George, receiving a glare from Oliver; however the pair simply ignored him.

"We know Oliver's speech by heart," Fred told Harry. I was trying not to laugh, knowing full well that it would send Oliver into frenzy. So instead I hid behind Katie so as I could refrain from laughing at their shenanigans. "We were on the team last year."

"Shut up you two!" Oliver chided, "This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're going to win. I know it!"

Everyone nodded, Gryffindor pride coursing through our veins.

"Right, it's time. Good luck everyone!" I said, patting everyone on the back. I smiled at Oliver as I gave him a high five before he lead us to the field. Katie, Angelina and I shared a group hug before following, Fred and George onto the pitch. Madame Hooch was stood in the centre, holding the quaffle in one arm, and a foot on the box to keep the bludgers in check. Thank god Snape was not the ref. I looked round the stands, to see the various banners and scarfs held by the screaming/cheering students. One banner in particular tickled me, it read:

'Potter for president!'

Oliver and I approached Madame Hooch, along with Flint and Montague for the 'fair play' handshake…though whenever it came to Slytherin there was no 'fair' in the play at all.

"Now I want a nice, fair, clean game," she announced, "All of you." The last part was aimed directly, but discreetly at the Slytherins. We then shook hands…well Montague and I simply touched hands, whereas Oliver and Flint tried to break each other's hand. We then went back to our respective sides, but before we departed Montague had one more thing to say.

"You're going to lose, you know that!" he hissed, I smiled at him sarcastically.

"I always love the way you lie." I answered sarcastically, before joining the rest of my team.

"Mount your brooms, please." Madame Hooch called; we all clambered onto our brooms. Lucky for us Harry had his brand-spanking new Nimbus Two-Thousand, which would hopefully give us the advantage. Madame Hooch gave a loud blast of her whistle. Fifteen brooms rose high into the air. The game began.

"And the quaffle is taken by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor, what an excellent chaser that girl is and rather attractive too-"I laughed at Lee's antics, always a comedian when it came to commentary. I swerved passed a Slytherin chaser…most likely Pucey, Angie just ahead of me speeding towards the hoops.

"Jordan!"

"Sorry Professor!"

A few more swerves, dodging several bludgers hit by Warrington and Peregrine, the posts in sight, and Angie still in possession.

"…a neat pass to Hannah Stockley, a good find by Wood, back to Johnson and – no Slytherin have taken possession, Captain Marcus Flint gains the quaffle and off he goes…"

'Damn it' we quickly turned around and sped off to assist Oliver, or at least get the quaffle back, unfortunately he'd gained too much ground for us to catch up, Oliver was the only one now who could stop them scoring now.

"…He's going to sc-no, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Captain and keeper Oliver Wood. Gryffindor in possession."

Katie was now in possession she began speeding off towards the posts once more, until, out of nowhere a bludgers slammed into the back of her head…ouch that must have hurt!

"You ok?" I shouted, she nodded wincing as she did so. Pucey regained possession, but thank the lord.

"…he's blocked by a second bludger, sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which from here, good play by the Gryffindor beater anyway. Johnson back in possession of the quaffle, a clear field in front of her…"

Katie and I sped after her, the others most likely trying to catch up. She dodged one bludger, only Bletchley to beat now…come on Angie score, please god score!
"Gryffindor score!"

Yes! Thank you Angie! Hallelujah! Angie turned round giving us a high five each, as we celebrated. I looked over at the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff stands, where Willow was doing a modest yet highly recognisable victory dance next to a stoic Stretton, and Caris and Cedric were cheering enthusiastically. I refocused on the game, we hadn't won yet and god did I want to.

Harry's P.O.V

Yes! We scored, I did some loop-the-loops to celebrate, and calm some nerves. We were playing exactly to Wood's plan, give or take a few mishaps…well you can't call a bludger to the back of the head isn't exactly a mishap.

"Keep out of the way, until you catch sight of the snitch." He'd said, "We don't want you to be attacked before you have to."

What a nice pep-talk for a first timer…I thought I had caught a glimpse of the snitch, but it turned out to just be glare off of one of the twins' wristwatches. Sometime after that a bludger hurled its way towards me, before Fred came over and hit it furiously towards Flint.

"All right there, Harry?" he yelled, I nodded, before he zoomed off grinning.

"Slytherin in possession." The commentator announced, I remember George telling me it was Lee Jordan a fellow Gryffindor. "Pucey ducks two bludgers, two Weasleys, Bell and speeds towards the – wait a moment – was that the snitch?"

Pucey dropped the quaffle, as both I and the Slytherin seeker, hurled neck and neck downwards to catch the snitch. I was faster than the Slytherin I could see the small shiny gold ball. Just as I was about to get it, Flint blocked me, sending my broom off course, as I held on for dear life. Foul was screamed around the pitch, fortunately for me, Hannah and Oliver had arrived to help me out and were also screaming foul as loud as they could.

"You ok?" Hannah asked, as Oliver caught the broom to steady me. I nodded, receiving a smile and a high-five from Hannah. "Always happens with these."
"Aye," Oliver agreed a stern look on his face. "Gives us another shot on goal." Hannah shook her head as she zoomed off towards the Slytherin end of the pitch. Let's score again. But I'm sure I heard a distinct cry of:

"Send him off ref! Red card!" followed by a:

"This isn't football, you can't send anyone off in Quidditch, and what's a red card?"

"So after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating."

"Jordan!" the shrill voice of Professor McGonagall reprimanded.

"I mean after that revolting and open foul!"

"Jordan, I'm warning you."

"All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor seeker which could happen to anyone, I'm sure. So a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Stockley, who puts it away no trouble and we continue play. Gryffindor in possession."

I dodged another bludger as it zoomed dangerously close to my head and then I felt it again, as if my broom had tried to buck me off. Had Flint cursed it or something when he fouled me? I gripped the tightly as I tried with all my might to turn to the Gryffindor hoops. Hopefully Wood would help me out, however at that moment he was otherwise occupied.

"Slytherin in possession – Flint with the quaffle – passes Bell, Stockley. Bludger hits him square in the face, hope it broke his nose – only joking Professor, Slytherin score…Oh no!"

The Slytherins cheered, but now the broom was carrying me higher and higher, twitching as it did so. Suddenly the broom began to roll over; I clutched it for dear life. It jerked violently, swinging me off, I was now hanging from a broom several feet off the ground by one hand. This wasn't how I imagined I'd die! The twins tried to help me though when they got close the broom would rise higher so they circled underneath ready to catch me if I fell. After another thirty seconds and the broom stopped jerking about and so allowing me to clamber back onto the broom.

Oliver's P.O.V

Thank lord, Potter was now safe! I think I just had a mini heart attack; Hannah came over to check I hadn't had a panic attack and to get the next tactic to use and of course to regain the quaffle.

"Don't worry, we're going to win!" she reassured patting me on the shoulder and smiling reassuringly, before she zoomed off to the other hoops, dodging Pucey and Montague like a graceful swan. As Jordan said she was a great find…focus! There was still no sight of Flint…never a good idea to lose sight of him, after all he took every opportunity to cheat and try and permanently damage any of the team. Saying that Angelina was body slammed into the stands sending her to the floor, unconscious. Cheating scumbags! There was still no sign of Flint as Slytherin took possession; the girls raced back trying to recover. I got ready to block the shot, when a bludger hit me square in the chest, judging by the accuracy and unbearable pain; I'd have said it had been hit quite close. No doubt Flint.

"Foul" was screamed once more, as I began falling off my broom. Hannah raced forward trying to catch me, though she was too late.

"Oliver!" I hit the floor, falling into unconsciousness.

Hannah's P.O.V

Cheating scumbags! That was such a blatant foul! First they body slam Angie into the stands, a foul that calls for a penalty, none given. Then, Flint who isn't even a friggin' beater, hits a bludger square into Oliver, and yet no penalty given! I don't care if you can't be bloody sent off in Quidditch; Flint should be suspended at least for the next match Slytherin play! Play was disrupted as Madame Hooch once again had words with Flint, giving the team the chance to recollect.

"Calm down, we need you with a cool head, we can't afford any fouls." Katie said, soothingly as she clapped a hand on my shoulder. I nodded.

"Easier said than done. We need Alicia on now." I replied, trying to think calming thoughts, though I nearly lost it as Flint flew by smirking at us. The cheating son of a bitch! I signalled for time out, grounding halt to play once again. The team stayed at the hoops as I flew off to ask Madame Hooch to bring Alicia on for Angelina, we could play with one less chaser, but we needed a keeper. She came on shortly after; hopefully she'd play a key-role in winning this game.

"Right here's the plan." I explained as we huddled together. "Alicia, Katie keep possession as much as possible, score if you can, but we need to buy time, we can't afford to concede any more goals. I'll become the temporary keeper; I can only do the best I can. I'm certainly no Oliver. Fred, George make sure none of us get hit, make sure to get as many bludgers going towards the dirty cheats."

"Aye, aye captain." They said in unison.

"And Harry, we're counting on you to end this game quickly." I ended, nodding towards Harry, he nodded slowly obviously nervous. I clapped a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry mate, the Slytherin seeker, is one of the cleaner players on their team, the ones you need to worry about we'll take care of."

Willow's P.O.V

"Just gonna stand there and hear me roar! But that's alright because I am a Gryffindor!"

"I AM A GRYFFINDOR!" the crowd roared while I lead them in a chant as the players took off again. I could see the mixed emotions of anger on her face with relief, as she eyed Wood being dragged off by Madame Pomphrey. She headed towards the hoops stopping a little short of them. The replacement keeper hopefully the game would end soon with a Gryffindor win, those smug bastards needed to be taken down a peg or two.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the support! Sorry for the slow updating exams and the writer for Willow has just moved away however we shall continue!!