Quidditch Mania

Sorting, Feast And I've Never...?

Caris’s P.O.V

We had managed to take ourselves to where the carriages where, the evening was quite cool, fireflies or fairies flew around like little likes and the stars shone down on us.
“You’re quiet.” Cedric said, interrupting my trail of thought, as we walked along the dimly lit path. I laughed half-heartedly. “You’ve been silent since I woke up.” I said nothing, but turned to face him and smiled.
“Is everything ok?” he asked, I nodded not daring to look him in the eyes. “Ok now you’re really freaking me out, please say something!”
“Yeah, I’m fine.” I whispered.
“Ok, now you really don’t sound ok, something is wrong isn’t it?” he questioned.
“Honestly, I’m fine, just tired that’s all!” I exclaimed, by now we had stopped walking, not only us, but the rest of the group had too and noticed our mini argument.
“Lover’s quarrel!? All’s fair in love and war!” shouted Hannah, she ran off while grabbing tight hold of my arm as she exclaimed, “I nicked her, I’ve nicked her, I’ve nicked her from you Diggory!” As she yanked me this way and that, running round circles in zigzags and criss-crosses, I tried to look back at Cedric, showing a confused expression, he started to laugh.
“You were meant to take the other one Hannah!” yelled Willow, stopping Hannah in mid zigzag. Hannah then turned round still running, she lobbed me next to Cedric and then yanked his arm and ran off with him. I heard Oliver laughing,
“Diggory!” he yelled. “Watch out!”
Suddenly Hannah, obviously wasn’t looking where she was going and ran face first into a tree. Boommmft!! And she landed on the leafy floor.
“Ouch!” is all that could be heard. I began to run towards her as she lay on the floor. Cedric was in hysterics, still holding her hand.
“Hannah are you ok?” I asked, and there wasn’t a reply, I finally managed to reach her, she was mumbling something I looked behind, to see the others running.
“Is she ok?” called Willow, I shrugged.
“I dunno, she’s mumbling something.” I replied.
“I think she needs a doctor.” I said bending down.
“DOCTOR WHO!” Hannah yelled, I laughed and then Willow mimicked the theme tune.
“Are you hurt?” said Cedric bending down beside me, after letting go of her hand and walking round to my side.
“Head not good, everywhere else ok!” she said doing the ok sign with her fingers.
“Damn sugar, damn sugar rush, damn damnations!” she exclaimed. “I need a carry” Oliver then approached.
“She’s all yours Wood” said Cedric, “She needs carrying.” I continued and we both stood up. Oliver gently picked her up and she shouted: “CHARGE!!”
“No.” he simply said and walked off with Hannah.
After some time we arrived at the carriages. Me and Cedric hopped into a carriage of our own. The others started to wolf whistle from another. That’s just who they are and that’s why we’re friends.

Willow’s P.O.V

My heart thumped loudly as the carriages bumped up the track. Most of the muggleborns are amazed in their first year or so, but the novelty eventually wore off. For me, the thrill and awe had never left me…even if I wasn’t a muggleborn. My mum even though she was a muggleborn witch, had decided to raise us as muggles. I sometimes think that it was her way of getting over my father’s death, but she always said that it was to protect us…I still don’t know what she means, she won’t even tell me or my brother, how my father died. All she says is, that it was for the order. This only confuses me more.
A broad grin spread over my face as I caught my first glance of the top towers. I could see Ravenclaw tower where my usual bed was now waiting with my trunk, I felt light headed with happiness…or hunger.
I practically ran to the enormous doors jumping out while the carriage was still moving. A small smile shone on my face while I let the cool night air whip my hair, watching the other students catching up while walking into the Great Hall.
It was all exactly how I remembered it. The others caught up and we walked into the hall to see the long house tables set for the feast, for which my stomach was growling. Habit brought me back to my usual spot on the Ravenclaw table, even though there weren’t many people sitting down for me to know my spot compared to theirs.
I sometimes wished I’d been in Gryffindor I pined as I watched the others laughing and chatting as Ravenclaw didn’t have much to offer me in the way of friends.

-Last term-

I watched the boisterous Gryffindors running across the grass in front of me towards the lake. I shook my head at their racket and turned back to the parchment on my lap. Even under the shade of the tree, I needed my sunglasses to shade my sensitive eyes from the blinding summer sunlight.
SPLASH!
My head whipped up painfully to see large ripples in the water and the students I had seen before laughing hysterically. One of the boys was now emerging sodden from the water. His clothes dripping of the murky water.
“OI!” the boy yelled, wading out of the lake and on to the grass, “I’m gonna have to take some of this off now, don’t look!”
I obediently looked back to my paper, but then my eyes shot back up, a grin on my face. The brunette was loudly singing.
“Derr derr derr derr duh!”
The boy hauled his sopping shirt at her and the girl and threw it off in a wild direction. They then began to chase each other…before realising the dripping garment atop my head, leaking onto the now fuzzy ink.
“I’m so sorry!” the girl said, running over and throwing the shirt back to the boy.
“Sorry ‘bout that, its Ced’s fault. The name’s Hannah.” she offered a hand which I shook.
“I’m Willow.”
~End of flashback~

My eyes refocused as the first years filed in for sorting, their little faces turning a ghastly shade of green. After the sorting featuring the sorting hat’s best song yet, Dumbledore got up with his usual kind smile beaming out.
“Welcome!” he said. “ Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts. Before we could begin our banquet , I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!”
The hall erupted with laughter and I mentally noted that line while scooping large spoonfuls of fish pie onto my plate. After making start-of-term small talk with some Ravenclaw class mates and pulling a small bottle of coke from inside my robes (I couldn’t stand pumpkin juice) I was left to finish the feast and wander up to the Ravenclaw tower in peace.
“What is the square root of pi?” said the tinkling voice.
I scoffed, “Pies are round!” I exclaimed, smirking. An airy laugh, and the door swung forward to reveal the Ravenclaw common room. I sighed, and jogged across the empty room to my usual low windowsill overlooking the bridge and the mountains. I looked down and smiled. My cushion was still there.
I picked it up to arrange the best sitting position. There was a scribbled parchment note written, hidden under the cushion. Reading it, I made my way back to the door.

Hannah’s P.O.V

After secretly meeting up with everyone even if it was quite difficult due to the small gnomes of the first years being hard to locate and avoid, we eventually found an abandoned classroom where we took the liberty of throwing the tables out of the way in a quiet manner so to not attract the attention of Filch or his pest of a cat Mrs. Norris. Chairs were levitated into a circle in the middle, where a smaller table with several bottles of butterbeer and several shot glasses resided. I pulled out a bottle of fire whiskey, the twins brought an extra crate of butterbeer, I also carried a bottle of bucks fizz and cava. Caris turned towards me a disapproving look plastered on her face as she looked at the bottles in my hands.
“What?” I questioned innocently placing them on the table and sitting down.
“Hannah, what in the name of Merlin’s saggy y-fronts are you doing?” she demanded, I stood back spotting the retreating form of Willow, so I levitated a spare chair to lock the door for the time being.
“Its just a bit of alcohol to liven up the party, besides I didn’t buy this.” I said returning to my seat with Willow.
“Then who did?” Caris demanded, arms folded across her chest.
“Oliver did.” I replied, as I poured the drinks into the shot glasses.
“Why am I not surprised.” she rolled her eyes and took a seat next to Cedric.
“The rules of the game are simple, you say I’ve never and then something you’ve never done and anyone who has done it takes a drink.” I explained to everyone.
“I don’t drink alcohol.” Willow exclaimed.
“Well you can have the bucks fizz that’s basically orangeade.” I suggested. “ Who wants to go first?” It then went really quiet and no one volunteered. “I’ll go then I’ve never…danced around in the rain singing I’m bringing the rain.”
Fred and George grabbed their glasses and gulped the liquid down, Angie secretly drank tough everyone stared at her.
“They made me do it!” she explained pointing to the twins, they smiled cheekily.
“Willow next!” I said, we all turned towards her.
“I’ve never…said everything backwards for 2 hours straight.” she said smiling at me.
“Touché, touchè.” I replied taking a drink.
“Guess its my turn then.” Oliver said. “I’ve never…worn a t-shirt with ‘Quidditch player do it in the air’” Fred, George, Willow and I all took a drink.
The game continued with some people getting extremely drunk for example the twins who were now sat or swaying with their arms around each other babbling like a bunch of buffoons. Many secrets were also revealed like Oliver decided to go overly Scottish when me and Willow decided to be overly English, Cedric was once caught flying while over the legal limit though he explained that he had, had a very large amount of butterbeer, Caris we found out had once had a crush on Adrian Pucey, Angie ‘accidentally’ set the Slytherin changing room on fire with help from one Lee Jordan. Caris also revealed to everyone present that Willow and I sing the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody whenever anyone mentions something closely related to the song, to which we sang quietly.
It was getting late and so everyone dispersed to their common rooms, I with the help of Oliver and Angie helped the drunken twins to the common room.

Caris’s P.O.V

After an eventful evening I was left to carry a very drunken Cedric back to our common room. Every word that came out of his mouth was slurred and made no sense at all. We had to dodge Filch twice which was hard enough. Then as we drew near to our common room I could hear footsteps. I desperately looked around for somewhere to hide, but there was nothing.
“Are we ygbackt yetz?” asked Cedric slurring loudly, in my face. His alcohol breath made me cough.
“Nearly.” I whispered, trying to quicken the pace and then listen to the echoing footsteps, which had fortunately disappeared.
“Cos’ I don’t think I can lastz ‘til then.” he said leaning on my shoulder.
“We’re here.” I said tickling the painting. We stumbled into the dark room, lit only by the warm open fire. Cedric let go of my shoulder and headed towards one of the sofas that surrounded the open fire. He flung himself over the back of the sofa and dived into the cushions. I left him to lie there while I snook up to the boys’ room. I walked in feeling rather nervous, the room was very dark. All I could hear was the faint grumbling noise of somebody snoring, I looked around and eventually found the empty bed, I tip toed over, pulled off the duvet and rushed back down stairs. Cedric was snoring very loudly. I walked around the sofa dragging the duvet behind me. It was very heavy. I threw it over Cedric and tucked the edges around him to keep him extra warm. He looked so innocent when he was asleep, I bent down and kissed him on the cheek.
“Goodnight,” I said quietly, he had obviously heard me somehow so he wriggled around. He mumbled something it sounded a bit like:
“Pucey, Adrian Pucey.” he said it very calmly and then continued to snore. I walked away and walked up the stairs towards the girls’ room, I couldn’t wait to get some sleep.

Hannah’s P.O.V

As we approached the painting of the fat lady, we now couldn’t remember the password…well everyone who was either well past drunk or just a little drunk, but since Oliver gave us a:
“I’m not drunk…CAUSE I’M SCOTTISH!!!” and proclaimed he could clearly remember the password. The rest of us just shouted random words at the painting like banoffee fish pie, and my bejebus friend rides a pony. We stumbled through the portrait hole, Oliver and the twins stumbled their way up to the boys’ rooms and Angie disappeared up to our room. I started to walk up a set of stairs where they were going I didn’t know, while walking I sang:
“’Imma dancin’ up the stairs.” until I was turned round by Oliver to which I started to sing “’Imma dancin’ down the stairs.” I went back up the girls’ stairs and finished my song:
“’Imma dancin’ in ma room! ’Imma dancin’ on ma bed! ’Imma dancin’ on ma windowsill! ’Imma dancin’ on ma head!”
I then crashed onto my bed and fell sound asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Everyone: We do not condone binge drinking (Hannah: *Cough* Yeah *Cough* Right *Cough* Caris: You say something Hannah? Hannah: Nope nothing at all *winks* Willow: I saw that Hannah: Saw what? Willow: That wink you just did Caris: I did too what are you up to? Hannah: Nothing *Cough* hehe *Cough*) Hope you enjoyed!!! ^_^