Quidditch Mania

Hospital Wing Oh Noes!

Hannah's P.O.V

As we came down to lunch we found a very lonely, sad, near tears Caris poking at some food in front of her. Cedric was not sat next to her as he usually does heck he wasn't even near the Gryffindor table. Scanning the room I spotted the back of his head on the Hufflepuff table.

"Is Caris ok?" Willow whispered concerned as we approached her.

"I don't know." I whispered back. We sat down next to her silently, she insisted she would be fine, I thought otherwise but didn't press the issue.

"Nothing like some pumpkin pie." I exclaimed shovelling some on my plate. Oliver looked sceptically and then said:

"Yep, but eating to much of it…" he started, picking some up with his own fork and placing it on his plate. "is bad for you.""No fair!" I exclaimed as he started eating MY pie. He ate it before I could even try and recover it. I grumbled mini threats as he handed me some tuna sandwiches, and promised he'd give me some sweets later if I helped him plan the Quidditch trials. Caris who was sitting on the other side of me, was still looking rather sad, she was poking her fork at what looked like the mushy remains of a cream puff.

"You going to ask what's wrong?" Oliver whispered, I looked at him then back at her and nodded.

"Caris what happened?" I asked putting a hand on her shoulder. "You can tell me if you want to.""Cedric…he…he…we…I think…w-we broke up. H-he just flipped…for no reason…" she sniffled, with that she ran out of the Great Hall.

"What!" I exclaimed "I could murder him!" This drew the attention of most of the hall, except Cedric probably knowing who I meant. Willow edged in Diet Coke in hand.

"Who?" she inquired.

"Cedric! He broke up with Caris for no reason!" I replied, pumpkin pie was now the last thing on my mind.

"What?" Oliver and Willow exclaimed.

"The git! Why in hell's name would he break up with Caris?" Oliver bellowed. I put my fork down as the man himself came over.

"Hi." he greeted, everyone looked at him as if he was death on legs.

"What do you want?" I snarled, "You know you've totally crushed Caris you son of a…""Hannah language!" Percy reprimanded

"Perce, you don't what this git did to Caris so better stay out." Oliver said, Percy begrudgingly complied and returned to his lunch.

"Hey you don't know my side…" he tried to explain before, we all gave him a deadly glare.

"You think we honestly care just look at how upset Caris is! You are a total…ahh there isn't even a word for what you are!" I yelled, by this time I was also standing, Willow and Oliver trying to restrain me from clocking him in the face and probably getting expelled.

"Hannah, he's not worth your time" Willow whispered.

"Calm down, or I'm going to have to take you the common room." Oliver said sternly.

"Fine. Actually I think it would be better if we went to the common room I'm not hungry anymore." I said. "You don't have to come if you don't want to."

I stormed out of the hall Willow following behind as well as a curious Angie.

"What was that about?" Angie asked as we came out to the Ravenclaw common room.

"Cedric broke up with Caris for no apparent reason." Willow explained, she looked totally shocked.

"So that was what Marie was on about, apparently Caris was reluctant to fly, I would be to if every time I got on a broom I ended up in a tree, anyway Cedric just flipped on her and stormed off." she said.

"The git." I mumbled.

We collected our things and travelled to Hufflepuff house where Caris was already waiting we all hugged her. Willow left for care of magical creatures, and we met up with the lads minus the git and carried on our way to history of magic. We arrived a couple of minutes later at history of magic…uh the joys of having the most boring teacher in the history of ever teach you history in the most borish way that you can ever imagine! Unluckily for me and for Oliver we had to take notes while the others got to sleep, though I don't think Caris wanted to sleep given the situation, but I told her to just take it easy. The lesson well nothing at all ever happens in history of magic so really there is nothing more to say.

The ten minute break allowed us to gather up our belongings for the next lesson. Caris left us for the Hufflepuff common room but not before I gave here a big hug, Willow and her had the rest of the day off until later because they had astronomy, but we had the pleasure of double potions with the Slytherins! We got to the dungeons extra early so Snape wouldn't have an excuse to deduct points so soon. This year I had Oliver as a partner, Fred and George were together and Angie was with Marie (we shared a dormitory with her, she was a very shy girl who I really think should have been in Ravenclaw but hell I'm not complaining if her smarts get our house extra points!) The twins got detention for falling asleep, they were still suffering form their major hangovers. Montague was really creeping me out as he kept constantly staring at me from his desk to the right of me, Oliver agreed to switch places with me so that he would stop staring.

Tea soon came around, I really wanted to talk to Caris, but when we arrived at the Great Hall both Willow and Caris where no were to be found.

Willow's P.O.V

I made my way up to Ravenclaw tower to collect my care of magical creatures book and some parchment, but about halfway there I was stopped by a large group of students blocking the whole corridor. I elbowed my way through the hubbub until I found what everyone was so excited about. Two small first years were standing pressed against the wall, feverently answering the many questions that were being yelled at them. One of them taller than the other, was scanning a shoddy hand drawn map and nervously running his fingers through his bright ginger hair. Turning to the others I yelled through the ruckus:"Hey!" the crowd became silent and looked at me, "hiya Harry, long time no see!"

The young boy's face shone with the relief of seeing someone he knew.

"Hi Willow!" he ran forward through the crowd dragging his lanky friend.

"Come on, got to talk to you about something," I grabbed his wrist and hauled him away from the shocked crowd. It was only until we reached a quiet corridor that I spoke.

"Pretty famous aren't you kid?" I said not looking back at them trotting behind me, "looking for your common room are ya?""Uhuh," I heard him acknowledge the second question, " thanks for saving us." "No problem," I turned around to walk backwards looking at the red head. "you should ask your brothers to tell you more about the passage ways here. Would have expected more from a Weasley." I saw a small blush under his freckles.

I made my way down the hill on the grounds towards where care of magical creatures class took place. I felt a familiar scratching on my back as Pepper dive bombed onto my shoulder. I was first there and I sat cross-legged on the grass watching the Ravenclaws and Slytherins make their way down to class.

"Hey Martins!"

I unglazed my eyes to see Jeremy Stretton, jogging towards me across the crisp warm grass. I sprawled my legs in front of me and leaned back onto my hands. I closed my eyes to the bright light, the late summer heat dancing on my face. I heard a thud as Jeremy flumped down onto the grass and mirrored my position.

"Get up to much over the summer?" he asked lazily.

"Mmm…," I acknowledged shortly "not that much really you?"

"Went up to Scotland for a week, but same really."

I saw him smiling at me as I sat up and crossed my legs, squinting slightly.

"How come you're not with the lads?" I gestured with my head at a small gaggle of insufferably laddish boys, trying to hide my disdain. The slight boy in front of me laid on his back, his hands behind his head and his eyes closed.

"Bit sick of them," he chuckled. I didn't really know if he was joking or not. The rest of the class and the professor arrived. Soon there was a steady buzz of chatter as we made notes out of the textbook on the proper care of flobberworms.

I remained quiet most of the lesson, brushing away Stretton's attempts at a conversation and trying to block thoughts of the mounting headache I was getting from the sheer volume of Stretton's mates.

"Oi, Jezza!" one of them yelled from the other side of the huddled class, "leave weirdo alone and sit with us lad!"

I turned to look inquisitively at Jeremy who looked up and gave me a smile as if he hadn't heard a word. I heard a few mumbled digs at him from the Ravenclaws, but as I started to I stroll back up the hill, wondering what I'd do until astronomy tonight-

"Still got that bloody rat have you Martins? Thought someone would have put that fucking stupid moggy down alr-"

"Shut the hell up Flint," I heard as I wheeled around picking up Pepper, seeing Stretton standing facing the group of nauseating boys. Jeremy's hands were balled into fists. Flint was flashing his dreadful teeth.

"He's not worth it, come on." I said to him quietly, gently tugging on his elbow. He pulled his arm sharply away and stepped forward a step.

"Yeah, Stretton, pay attention to your girlfriend!"

Many wands were drawn. Although Jeremy was first on the draw the force of the many disarming spells overpowered his. Unsure of what I was doing, I dropped Pepper quickly and grabbed the boy's arm and pushing him away.

A blur of pain, and everything went black.

Caris's P.O.V

I was sat in our common room in front of the roaring fire. I still couldn't believe what Cedric had said in flying. I mean seriously, what was wrong with him, I thought to myself. Was he going through some teenage mid-life crisis? Because to me he seemed rather hormonal, I mean he was happy one minute and the next he was telling me that I talked too much. Should I confront him in some way. Just as I was sat there thinking about this, Cedric walked in, I looked up and he looked down at me, but then turned away and walked passed. Should I talk to him?"Ced." I said croakily, standing up. He stopped and turned around. He looked at me. I didn't know what to say to him.

"A-are you ok?" I stuttered. He stared at me blankly. And then shook his head and carried on walking. I couldn't believe it.

"What have I done to upset you?" I called after him. I really wanted to know what was wrong. I could hear him mumbling.

"I don't understand what it is that I have done!" I said on the verge of tears. Then he turned around.

"I hate this, this tension between us, please, Cedric, just tell me what is wrong." I pleaded.

"Just leave me alone!" he said and then he walked away. That's all he could say? Was he purposely trying to be a prick? Obviously he was.

I sat on the sofa and cried, I didn't know what else to do. Suddenly in the middle of my tear waterfall someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up all puffy eyed and wet cheeked, it was Beatrice, my dorm companion.

"C-Caris, are you ok?" she stuttered, like she always does. I shook my head and sniffled.

"Should I get Cedric?" she asked, I laughed.

"No thanks," I replied standing up and heading towards our dorm. As I reached the stairs I heard some one shouting my name, and a door bursting open.

"Caris! Caris!" it was Anna Carly. She burst through the door with a flushed face.

"It's Willow, she's in the hospital wing, she's seriously injured!" she yelled.

"What? What's happened?" I asked. And then I heard footsteps. It was Cedric.

"Right well I'll go down, was Hannah there?" I asked straightening myself out.

"Yeah. Are you coming Cedric?" Anna replied.

"Why what's happened?" he asked.

"It's Willow, she's…" she stopped as I interrupted.

"No, he won't be coming." I said and then headed towards the door.

"She's my friend too." he replied.

"Look, Willow might be dying here and you're arguing about whether Willow is your friend." I replied " Some friend you are!" I ran out of the room and down to the hospital wing.

Willow's P.O.V

"…get my hands on that son of a ban…"

"Language Stockley," I mumbled in my best, although weak impression of Percy Weasley. I was vaguely aware of lying on a bed. Finally realising while the others laughed and continued chatting that I must be in the hospital wing. But as the memory of what happened earlier that day came trickling back, I became aware of a very painful throbbing over my body, mainly in my head.

Light headed.

Painful Headache.

Nausea.

"I am concussed." I stated. I opened my eyes to see Hannah leaning over my bed, chatting with the twins on the other side of the bed.

"What time is it?" I murmured, attempting uselessly to sit up.

"Tea started about an hour ago." she said, checking her watch, "what are we gonna do about the Slytherins? They've just crossed the line now."

"Who told you what happened?" I finally managed to sit up. Hannah looked away awkwardly. I let my jaw drop.

"Stretton told us what happened. They went for Pepper firing hexes at her. No don't worry she's fine and then Stret stupefied them. But…one of their wands landed by you and the sparks kinda set the grass on fire. You'd landed on a boulder …that's probably giving you a headache but Pomfrey did her best…well it only got the ends."

I felt the area on my back where my hair usually was. I'd always had long hair. I thought now running my fingers through my now, just under shoulder length hair.

My mind had become very clear. Oliver and Caris walked no doubt from dinner shortly followed by Cedric.

"Don't worry," I said "I have a plan." …The others stared at me.

"Yeah?" asked the twins.

"Oh… I was expecting that to be a dramatic ending, I thought we were gonna fade out. Oh here we go!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Everyone: Hope you enjoyed. We owe some ides to Looking For Alaska By John Green (go read it if you haven't already!)