Status: Whenever I get the chance

Afterlife

What Happened First

My final moments were nothing you’d want to remember, even in an afterlife. It was midnight, and I was walking home from the dance. Yeah sounds corny, and basically that would be the perfect word to describe it. The night was growing on me though, like when a song that you hate is stuck in your head but your too tired to care if your singing it anyway… like that. It was one of those nights where I could care less about my surroundings, which now seems stupid I mean life is actually interesting when you can see it in a different light. I know I can never go back there. Because my time is done.
There were headlights on the road coming toward me. The fog of the night was starting to lift making the scenery quite eerie. My nerves were shot, and I was feeling edgy for some strange reason. Something felt off… maybe it was the fact that there was a random car in the middle of the night with creepy smoke lifting off the earth in a mysterious light, that was headed my way. It was a horror scene, one I’d only seen in movies or dreamed about. One of those dreams where you are slowly dieing but you never actually die before you wake up. Its just the torture of actually going through it. You know, it is said when you sleep your soul leaves your body, that’s why sometimes we wake up crying or hurt in one place.
The hairs on the back of my neck prickled when the car started to slow down and then finally stopped beside me. The window rolled down in the stillness of the night and an older looking man poked his head out…
“Do you know where the nearest gas station is? We’re from out of town.”
He wanted to know where a gas station was in the middle of the night? right. I had to be overreacting, that weed that I smoked was getting to my head… that had to be it.
I tried not to laugh as I answered his question, “There’s a small town up ahead, just stay on this road and you should come across one sooner or later.”
“Thank you so much,” he smiled and then as he was rolling up his window he paused the action to look out at me one last time and said, “You know a pretty girl such as yourself should not be out at this time of night, someone might steal you.” then he gave me a crooked grin and my heart started to pound. He was totally creepy.
“Uh, sure well I was just going home. Bye” I quickly got away from him, just in case he hopped out of the car and like forced me to go home with him or something. God the world was feeling rather light… or was that just my brain? Even though it was dark my senses were oddly sharp, and the night seemed more threatening then I had remembered only a few minutes ago.
I decided to walk faster, I wanted to get home after that weird conversation. It was when I heard tires squealing that I almost forgot what I was actually doing. My body turned around and there was a vehicle speeding down the road, at me. I really didn’t know what to do so I stepped off the road entirely only for the car to come screeching to a halt. The windows didn’t roll down, and all was quiet for a brief moment that I was confused at what was going on. I mean like seriously let’s recap this. Weird old dude totally freaks me out and the suddenly out of nowhere this vehicle comes to a very scary stop right beside me… or was this all my imagination becoming my worst enemy? Who knows maybe next I’ll be seeing ghoulish looking creatures that want to suck my blood! Uh, vampires!
The door to the car creaked unnaturally and opened very slow, like the suspense right before the scary part. Mist came rolling out of the car along with a big black boot. By this point I was thinking to myself holy shit I am never smoking weed again!
“You are a very pretty girl,” came a deep threatening voice. I hadn’t heard it from anywhere before.
“What do you want from me,” I said in a strong, hard voice. I was really freaking on the inside but I tried to show anything but weakness.
“I want you…” and then at that he swiftly moved around the door and was beside me in a matter of seconds. I didn’t squirm or try to run. I mean I was already caught and might as well not try to get away.
His gloved hand slid across my face and trailed down my back. If it were a younger guy I’d be all over it, but it wasn’t a young voice that was whispering in my ear, “I’ll tell you what I want you for when we get home.”
“What the hell are you talking about I am not going home with you!” I yelled and tried to pull away from his now tight grip on my forearm. I had turned halfway round to see that he had a bat in his hand and just as he raised it all I could think of doing was screaming…