Status: Whenever I get the chance

Afterlife

Nothing I'd Expected

I woke up in a chair. In my mouth was a rag that smelled of blood; I could taste metallic and copper on my tongue. I was actually tied to the chair and from how I was feeling I probably had a giant welt on my head where the bat had hit me. I was also feeling more drugged up than just the pot that I’d smoked earlier so I guessed whoever it was that hit me forced some sort of sick drug down my throat. This was not my night. Shit I should have listened to my mom and just stayed home tonight. Unless this was my destiny, to die in a blank room with only one light shining on me. I didn’t actually want to think of what was going to happen to me. If I were lucky I may get raped, and get a chance at living. On the other hand, I may not be so lucky to die with pleasure. Hopefully this was going to be quick and simple, a gun maybe? Or a knife through the heart. It’s sad when you know you’re going to die and you start thinking of the best way you’d actually want to go. Would that be considered suicide?…
Off in the darkness a door creaked open and slammed again. I could hear footsteps behind me and I tensed up. This could be it. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to breathe in short little breaths.
“I can’t promise you that this won’t hurt,” a younger voice said… wait young? I opened my eyes and there in front of me was a boy. I guessed his age to be sixteen, just one year younger then me. But then I saw the tray he was holding. Knives of every size. Still bloody from God knows what. Fuck couldn’t they have at least washed them first!
He set the tray down on the ground and cocked his neck sideways like a curious puppy and then his face twisted. His mouth widened in a scream and I heard an ugly snap as the boy that I had been seeing dropped to the ground and lay there lifeless and twisted. It was what stood in it’s place that frightened the shit out of me. It didn’t even look human, actually nothing about it was human accept its bodily form, it was an It. Its gray skin was soaked in blood and its hands were long and bony. I’ve never really known what the definition to morbid was until I looked at its face. Where its eyes should have been were black pits and felt, even though it had no eyes, like they were staring at me. Its mouth opened with a sneer and as it smiled I could see that there was blood running out the side of Its mouth.
“You wanted to know what I wanted you for, well I guess you deserve an explanation. You are at the very least pretty but I’m not going to keep you as a pet.” it bent down and snatched one of the smaller blades off of the tray and spun it in Its hands. “I can usually blend in with you humans but you see at this time of the month when my blood supply is running low my appearance tends to falter. I need two things from you and then I’ll set you free,” Its wicked smile stretched wide across Its gray twisted face.
Then bending over to be closer to my face It lifted its abnormally long hand and ripped a tooth out of its mouth; it’s breath reeked of rotten, decaying flesh and old blood as it spoke in my face,
“See this, I’m falling apart. Sad though because I’m really an attractive thing. Tell you what. Since I like you so much I’ll make a deal with you.” It craned its head up and snapped it to the left then slowly turned is nasty face back at me.
“I’ll only take your blood and your skin but you can keep your soul.”
I squirmed in the chair as every nerve in my body shattered and whatever was left of my sanity snapped. I was actually feeling insane. All of my emotions flooding together to make one big mess of questions I wanted answered, but now never would. Like who was that one person that really loved me? What would I be like in the future? Would I have that perfect family I’d always dreamed about? Why must I die a virgin? Or even, is there life after death? I guess that one was going to be answered at least.
“Shh. It’s really nothing.” It wiped the blade across my cheek and down the side of my neck. “Why do you creatures freak out when your faced with death hmm? From what I see life sucks for you,” it sounded like it was trying to reason with me. “If you think about it I’m doing you a huge favor by taking you out so you don’t have to yourself. So this is what I'm going to do.” It bent down to grab yet another blade and a pouch of some sort,
“I don’t like it when you humans squirm on me so I’ll give you this. Just breathe it in and you wont feel pain, but I’ll get what I want.” It held the pouch to my nose and I did what it said. Honestly I knew I wasn’t getting out alive. That chances were slim to none. So I might as well die painless, like It said.

What happened next was the goriest thing you wouldn’t even want to dream of seeing. Actually gory was a pure understatement , there is no word on this planet that could even come close to describing what had happened to me.
As It took the blade I felt the lump in my throat grow bigger. I wanted badly to wake up, thinking this was all a dream and not really happening to me. But my wishes were not granted, not tonight.
I didn’t feel pain. I didn’t scream. I didn’t wake up. This was reality even though it seemed impossible. I would like to share some wise wisdom with you right now and don’t forget it. Nothing is impossible, there is no such thing as the impossible, not after this.
I could see and hear everything, the wet ripping sound of my skin tearing off leaving me bloody and being able to see underneath. I remember hot tears on my cheeks as I watched my blood flow over what was left of my arm in a wet waterfall. And at that very moment I was thinking of a horror movie and how it wasn’t real, only green screen and visual effects came to play with the actors, but really they had it all wrong. Now that I was actually in my own reality horror show and was being skinned alive by a demonic hell spawn or whatever It was, I see that what was showed on the big screen was only little bits and pieces of the actual torment that actually went on. Anyone can give a blood curdling scream, and cry with agony. Anyone can act like their nerves would wither at the thought of death, but it’s not the same as actually being there watching yourself die first hand.

I could feel the woozy feeling when you know you’ve lost a lot of blood. Tunnel vision, drowsy eyes, when your body doesn’t want to respond to anything, and when everything you hear seems so far away that you feel like your barely hanging on. The only things that seemed to be working was my hyperactive brain and every sweat gland on my body; even the recent thoughts and pictures were fading.
Was I really dying? What about my last words? Did that not matter, my plea to maybe be able to keep my life? What about the people I loved and cared for. I’d miss my little brother growing up, and my mom finally finding the man of her dreams. And what about me? I haven’t even graduated high school yet! All my friends will be hurt and what about my boyfriend? Will he feel like it was all his fault and want to waste himself because of this? I didn’t want to die, I could get through this, I had to get through this!
“It’s almost over,” It whispered to me as it worked at trying to catch as much fallen blood as it could. “And who knows maybe we’ll run into each other again someday.”
If I ever ran into you again I’d be sure to make you go through as much pain and agony as I possibly could! I wanted to scream, but I hadn’t had the strength to do it.
“Now it’s time for you to rest, my child.”
My child? Uh I am not your child you dirty effing S. O. B! and playing God is a sin! But you are definitely nothing of heaven. Shit!
“Your spirit is free,” It said ever softly, and then ripped my heart out.