Sequel: Second Impressions

First Impressions

CHAPTER THREE

We all got out of the truck and headed up towards the restaurant. It looked… Chinese, hence 'Chinese Food'. For some reason Mom and Mrs. Flitcher sat at another table for only 2 people while we just chose a seat by the window. They told us to go and sit somewhere else so they could talk about 'grown up' stuff. Psh. I'm so grown up. In fact I'm so grown up that I can do my own laundry. I'm so grown up that I can-

"Autum!"

"What, Stupid Head?!"

"Oh my God. Just choose something from the menu so we can eat already!" Brad says irritated. I look up to see a waitress waiting patiently but a hint of amusement in her eyes. I quickly throw a chopstick at Brad and decided without even opening my menu.

"I'll have some crab legs, teriyaki chicken, sugar roll, and sweet and sour chicken please." I say politely while handing her my menu. She then leaves with a little smile on her face.

"Yuck." Was what I heard from Brad. I snap my head towards him with a not-so-pleased look.

"What?"

"I can't believe you like crab legs."

"What's wrong with them?"

"Um. They're Crab. Legs." He states in a matter-of-fact voice while folding his arms. I watch as a piece of his hair falls into his face.

"Sooo? They're good."

"Whatever." Then he was silent until the food came. The waitress places the food in front of us while Brad and I have a heated staring contest. I here her giggle a little to herself and then leave. I decide his face isn't worth my look and start digging; starting with the teriyaki chicken. Mm. I love chicken. I love food.

"You eat like a pig." Brad says staring at me. I stare at his plate; he hasn't even touched anything yet!

"Well I'm hungry! So shut up before I stuff a crab leg down your throat!" I threaten through a mouth full of crab. Then I look up 'cause I was expecting some sort of remark. I see him smirking. Again. My crab leg suddenly drops from my hand and makes a clattering noise as it hits my plate.

"What?" I asked swallowing my food.

"Nothing." He says looking away but still smirking. Gosh, he's such a little kid!

"What?!" He turns back around and leans in closer than necessary, completely violating my personal space. I pull back some but he keeps leaning over the table, coming closer. I feel my face heat up. I was pressed as far as I could be into the chair, I was afraid it would tip backwards. I watch his hand with wide eyes as it comes up and cups my cheek. He then pulls my face towards his and then…

"You've got chicken on your nose." Was all he said as sat back down? I replayed what was happened in my mind. He just completely played me! That little twerp! I quickly glare at him before continuing with my meal, still red faced.

I leave the chicken on my nose and finish eating. Once I'm done I wipe my face off and sit back with my full belly hanging out. I looked over to where Mom's table is. They were still eating and talking. Ugh.

"What kind of name is Autum?" I hear Brad say randomly.

"What kind of name is Brad?"

"Shut up." He says bluntly.

"No."

"Yes."

"You!"

"Me?"

"Yes You!"

"What about me?" He asks, leaning forward with a cocky smirk. I stare at him blankly, trying to think. Was it my fault that I always say the first thing that comes to my mind?

"Ummm…."

"You're probably too ignorant to answer such a complicated question." He says making all he just said seem smart.

"What?" Now I was really confused; I cock an eyebrow and look at him, waiting for an answer.

"Never mind. By the way you might want to put some curtains on your window." Brad says smirking. What? That does not make any sense at all. I raise my eyebrow further up.

"Why would I wan- Oh. My. God." I say in shock, remembering when I took my shower and paraded around my room naked. "You pervert!" I hiss. His smirk disappears quickly into a look of unsure-ness.

"I am not. You were just there when I looked over!" He growls back, trying to defend himself but failing miserably. I watch as his face turns an odd color of red. I lower my eyebrow and let both of them furrow together.

"Why were you looking over in the first place?" I ask getting suspicious. "There's nothing over there that would interest you, is there?"

"Actually I was looking to see if you would do anything stupid so I could blackmail you with it." He says smugly with the smirk returning. I'm seriously getting tired of this guy and his stupid smirks. Why is it that every time I speak, he has to say something back? Ok, he maybe one of the most gorgeous guys I've ever seen in my entire life, but he is a complete ass-hole.

"Nice try, but I don't get embarrassed that easily." I say triumphantly.

"Sure." Was all he said before we left. We drove back and said good-bye.

Once we enter the house, I mumble a 'Good night' to Mom and walk upstairs to my room. As soon as I enter, I instinctively look over to my window and see Brad just now entering his room, turning the light on. I walk over to the side of my bed and turn on the small lamp I have there.

I walk over to my dresser and start searching for the drawer that held my pjs. I pull out a pair of over sized sweats and a guy's undershirt tank top. Once my shirt was above my stomach, I remember what Brad said about the curtains. I quickly pull my shirt back down and go into my walk-in closet and dress there. I may not be modest, but I'm not about to let some jack-ass of a guy see me practically naked. I throw my clothes out the door as I strip and pull on my well-worn pajamas.

When I walk out and I stop dead in my tracks as I look out the window and what image it held. My mouth drops open as I watch Brad strip off his shirt and pants, revealing a much muscled back and pin-striped boxers. He turns around and I see that he has a very muscular stomach, and by that I mean, wow! Not too muscled, but very well proportioned. I quickly shake my head. Control your hormones, woman! I hear a somewhat faint chuckle when my senses come back. I look back at the window once again and see Brad smirking back at me. I gasp a little and quickly turn off the lamp and jump on my bed, burying myself under the covers. After wrapping myself into a little cocoon, it's not long before I drift off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.