Sequel: Second Impressions

First Impressions

CHAPTER FIVE

I sit in my kitchen, stuffing my mouth with Co-Co Puffs then glance over at the clock and see that it's seven twenty-five. A.M. That's five hours earlier than what I'm used to being up by. I sigh and start dozing off. I suddenly feel something cold and prickly on my face. I feel my hair in pony tail being tugged, pulling my face up.

"Just five more minutes." I groan and try letting my head drop again. Who-ever was holding my hair had a good grip on it. I feel a hand on my shoulder pull me back into the chair and then something run down my nose. I hear a little snicker.

"Wake up."

"Dude, if this is the new girl, I like her already. Anybody who falls asleep in Co-Co Puffs is automatically on my friend list."

I open my eyes slightly into slits and look up to see the person who had a hand on my hair. I yelp and jump out of the chair, turning around in some sort of kun-fu position, ready to attack.

"What are you doing in my house?!" I screech. Brad throws a towel out me, rolling his eyes. The towel lands on my face as I slump down into a tired position. I wipe my face off and toss it back onto the counter while yawning in the process. I look around the room and see another guy, still taller than me but shorter than Brad. Eyeing his blue hair, I step away. "Who are you?"

"Hello to you to. I'm Trev." He snickers.

"Autum." I then look over to Brad. "Get out."

"Ok, then how are you going to get to school then?" He asks, folding his arms. I watch the guy named Trev sit down at the counter and start eating my Co-Co Puffs, where my face had just been, then look back to Brad.

"Ok, so you let this complete stranger in my house, for who all I know, could be a stalker and then you want me to let you take me to school where you could just be lying and try to murder me on there way there? Are you out of your freaking mind?!" I screech throwing my hands up in the air. Trev chokes on my food from my sudden out burst.

"Hate to break it to you, Sweet-Thing, but you're not really my 'type'." Trev says while using air quotes. I smirk at him.

"This is coming from a guy who is eating cereal that was shoved up my nose? You're not really my 'type' either." I say using the same air quotes just to mock him. He turns to Brad with a grin from ear to ear.

"I like her." Brad rolls his eyes and stares right back at me.

"So, are you coming or not?" I shrug at his question, grabbing my black messenger back and slinging it over my shoulder.

"Can't I just walk the ten blocks?"

"School starts in ten minutes."

"I'll run."

"You can't run that fast."

"Yes I can. I'm a very fast runner, I'll have you know!"

Brad rolls his eyes, once again, and grabs Trev by the back of his shirt and then me by the arm, dragging us out the door and into his nice black, F150 Ford Pick-up with one cab. I stare at it as we approach; silenced by the complete awe of its amazing-ness. I've always wanted an F150 Ford Pick-up, but Mom had always told me that they were gas hogs and cost way too much. Trev breaks away from Brad's hold and walks beside both of us.

"I still like mine better. It's red." Trev mutters under his breath. Here these guys were, almost the same age as me, with no jobs, and they have my dream truck? Oh, Lord. Life is not fair.

Brad goes over to the driver's side while I hop in before Trev, sitting in the middle of the two guys. Brad silently drives us to school while Trev and I start talking about different things and asking each other questions. I found out that Trev and Brad have been best friends ever since pre-school, which absolutely makes no sense because they're complete opposites. I tell Trev about my weird obsession with chocolate covered strawberries while he tells me about his greatest fears, like printers and fax machines.

"You're scared of fax machines?" I laugh, covering my mouth. Trev gives me a look like I was a paper doll talking to him.

"Dude, they're evil! There was this one time I tried faxing my grandma a picture I drew for her when I was a little kid, and the stupid thing just started shooting paper out at me! And then when I looked at it, everything was written in Chinese!" He screams hiding behind his hands. I keep laughing, doubling over in my seat.

"That's because you were trying to fax your grandmother at a Chinese restaurant, you dope." Brad snickers, looking over at us. I laugh even harder, making me bend over more so my head disappears under the dashboard. I start getting a cramp in my stomach from laughing so hard. I hear a sudden bang above my head and jump, making my skull and the dashboard connect.

I hiss and sit up quickly, rubbing my head while the two morons start laughing. I look ahead of us and see the school parking lot not that far away. I keep rubbing my head as we pull into a parking space next to a bunch of kids who were smoking cigarettes and who-knows what else. I give them a quick glance while they look over me.

Oh, the joy of being the new kid.

I start walking with Trev and Brad, weaving through cars and catching glimpses of different kids doing different activities. When we make it out of the maze of cars, we start walking through the campus. I observe everyone, from kids doing their last minute check on school supplies to a bunch of broad shouldered guys playing football and hitting on girls, girls slobbering over guys, and people sitting in little groups at the lunch tables and under the trees.

I see a couple of people who were sitting under a tree get up and walk over to us. I see a boy with a black, 'Lamb of God' shirt on and a girl with red and black hair in a pony tail with a white shirt with a pink bunny on it and black fishnets wearing too much eye liner to the point where she could be mistaken for a raccoon.

The girl and I exchange nods as the boy just stares at me. I arch an eyebrow, but don't say anything.

"New kid?" Ah, he speaks!

"New kid." I confirm, telling the boy with the staring probably. Does he ever blink?

"Does 'New kid' have a name?" The girl butts in jokingly. I smile at her.

"Yes she does." I answer like the smart-ass I am.

"Is she going to say her name?" Trev asks joining the conversation.

"Yes."

"When?" They all ask in a union. I giggle. I love this game.

"Autum."

"Autum? What about Autum?" The boy with the staring problem asks. The girl hits him Three Stooges style, actually understanding the answer.

"Her name is Autum, Nimrod." The boy seemed used to this because he didn't even rub his head from the smack; instead he just sticks his hand out.

"I'm Tash and that's Godzilla." He jerks his thumb back to the girl. She glares at him but refrains from hitting him again.

"I'm Shale. And just because I'm a couple pounds over-weight doesn't make me Godzilla, Butt-munch." She pinches his arm with her long finger nails, making him jump a bit. I stare at both of them for a little while why they have a glaring showdown.

"So, you guys are brother and sister?" I ask, suddenly seeing a little resemblance. They both turn to me at the same time with the same look.

"Fraternal twins." They answer together.

"Uh-huh. Ok." I nod slowly. They didn't look that much alike, the only thing that gave them away were their equally hazel shaded eyes. Tash stood a good foot taller than Shale, but Shale was an inch shorter than me. I watch them continue to argue until a blonde blur flies by me, making the twins stop bickering and making me land on my ass. Again.

I open my eyes to one of the most disgusting sights ever: Shelby and Brad eating each other's faces off. I pull a face while getting up and glare at the Shelby. She was wearing a red camisole this time with another mini, jean skirt and a pair of yellow flip-flops. Trev appears beside me, sliding an arm around my shoulder friend-like while staring at them with me and the twins.

"Disgusting, isn't it?" He whispers to me.

"Very."

"You'll start to get used to it."

"Doubt it."

"Sure you will. Brad grows on a person; that's what makes him so tolerable and 'irresistible' as some of the girls say." Trev says while making air quotes around me.

"Well, I don't like Brad. He's a jerk." I confirm and shrug Trev's arm off. I start walking past the couple until I see Shelby open her eyes and glare at me as she pulls away from her 'lover'.

"Ew. What are you doing here?" She hisses snottily. I sigh and let my posture slouch down, signaling that I was bored.

"I go to school here." I state, biting my tongue a little to keep myself from saying about how retarded she is. Don't want to make a scene on the first day of school, now do I? But as I look around, I see that people are already starting to stare at us. I guess that plan got screwed over.

"Didn't know they let white trash in here." She snaps while looking me up and down and folding her arms in the process. I see Brad look down at her with a not-so-pleased look on his face.

"Well, you're here, aren't you?" I ask innocently. Oops. That slipped. I watch her face scrunch up, her nose pulling up by itself, her eyes squinting, and eyebrows furrowed together-you could've thought she just ate something sour.

"Whore." She hisses almost like a snake. I shrug.

"Hey, atleast I get paid." I say and walk by her. I feel a hand on my arm and look down to see red painted finger nails. I turn around to see her hand pull back, getting ready for a slap. Just as her hand comes closer to my face, I grab her wrist, letting her struggle to get free. I tighten my grip, knowing how much that hurts, and she screams.

"Let go! Let go! You're going to break it!" She screeches. Now everyone on the campus is staring at us, mostly me. I sigh and let my messenger bag drop to the ground. Troublesome idiot.

"Trust me, if I wanted to break your wrist, I would have done it already." I say while letting go. I start to see little tears of pain well up in her eyes and feel a pang of guilt. "Hey, you're the one that wanted to smack me."

I leave it at that, picking up my messenger bag and walking into the school with everyone's eyes on me. My posture keeps slouching as I make my way up the steps and into the hallway. All while I kept trying to convince myself that it was her fault, I was simply defending myself. If Shelby wouldn't be so rude and sluty, then I would have no problem with her.

But, I guess there are just some people who are like that naturally. I start thinking about something my mom had said, 'People don't grow up that way for a reason, there's always an influence.' I sigh guiltily. Sometimes I hate having a conscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment :]