Sequel: Second Impressions

First Impressions

CHAPTER SIX

Flicka R. Autum

Age: 16

Sex: F

Grade: Junior

School Schedule

First Semester: Teacher:

American History Mr. Cilancio

Advance Gym Mr. Sherman

Honors English Mr. Flonco

Digital Communication ProcessesMr. Laver

Lunch

Algebra 1 Mrs. Shanks

Chemistry Mr. Gelino

Study Hall Library

Adult Roles Mrs. Harret


"Four score and seven years ago, our founding fathers…" Mr. Cilancio drones on and on about the Gettysburg Address. I rest my head on my fist, doodling on the desk. It was a personal hobby of mine that I did when there was nothing better to do.

A paper ball lands in front of me, hitting my hand. I take it and open it up, looking at Trev's messy handwriting. I sigh and write him back, telling him to write neater because I can't read his messy chicken scratch. I throw it back over my shoulder, knowing that I hit my target since I have awesome aim.

I had compared my schedule with Trev's, Tash's, and Shale's. I have American History and Chemistry with Trev, Digital Communication Processes with Shale, and Tash was in Advance Gym and Honors English with me. From what Trev said, I had Algebra 1 with Brad. Then, Trev, Tash, Shale, Brad, and I all have Study Hall, Lunch, and Adult Roles together.

I sigh as the paper ball lands back in front of me, this time it was written to the point to where I could make out what he was writing. He wrote to me about how bored he is and how my underwear is showing. I pull my shirt down to cover my butt and write back, telling him how much of a perv he is.

Just as I throw the paper over my shoulder, the bell rings and students shoot up out of their seats and through the door. I gather my books and start walking out the door with Trev behind me, reading the note.

"I am not a perv!" He whines throwing the note on the ground. I roll my eyes.

"Ok, fine. You're a cradle rocker." I say while hoisting my books under my arm. In middle school, one of my teachers once told me that girls carry their books to their chests because it was motherly instinct. If that's true, then why do I carry my books to my side just like a guy? I'm starting to think that teacher had way too many coffee breaks.

"Thank you, it sounds more professional." Trev remarks before parting ways with me. I meet Tash at my locker and start walking to the locker rooms.

Tash starts talking, telling me about this really good book he just read. I smile to myself as part of his black bangs fall into his right eye as he does his hand motions. Tash was one of those rare nerds that were actually cute. Tash was the smartest out of the group, Trev being the dumb-ass pervert, Shale being the sassy chick, Brad being the leader… somewhat, and me… I don't know what I am yet. I laugh at one of Tash's jokes before bumping right into someone.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as Brad stares down at my short form. He shrugs and walks with us into the gym.

"They transferred me from English Literature to Gym for some reason; I guess they got it mixed up." He replies. I let myself slouch as I walk in between the two guys. We stop once we're inside the door, and I look around and feel myself start to get nervous. I was the only girl here.

I start laughing, almost sounding like I'm crying but laughing instead. It was my curse. I always laugh when I'm nervous. One time, when I was at my first job, I accidentally screwed up this couple's order with another couple's order and they all ganged up on me and then the manager got involved. I started laughing and covering my face that everyone thought that I was crying, and they all apologized.

I see Brad and Tash look down at me, making me even more nervous and making me laugh even harder. Tash quirks and eyebrow and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"What's up with you?" Brad asks. I stutter out some words that didn't even make sense, sounding like gibberish.

"Calm down, Autum. Take deep breaths." I do as Tash says and think I sound like I'm pregnant, so I stop and keep laughing painfully. Tash finally grabs a hold of my shoulders and turn me towards him, bending down to my eye level.

"What's wrong?" He asks calmly. I manage to slow down my laughing and choke out the words.

"I'm the only girl. I hate being the only girl." I choke up and then go back to laughing.

I know, completely amazing. Autum Flicka is actually nervous. I rarely ever get nervous, so this is a big deal. I hate being around a lot of guys and being the only girl in the room. It's not as big as deal when I'm just one on one with a guy, but with twenty other guys? I won't be a bit surprised if I have some sort of break down.

Brad looks at me before looking around the entire gym, boys sprayed out everywhere. He then steps in front of me, blocking my view of them, probably understanding why I was so nervous.

"There, better now?" He asks, almost boredly, while he crosses his arms and stares down at me. My breathing returns to normal with the occasional hiccup here and there. Tash looks relieved and let's go of my shoulders.

"Jeez, I thought you were going through an asthma attack or something." Tash comments while letting out a breath of air. I look up at him, my face still a little red from laughing.

"Sorry, this only happens when I'm nervous." I say before turn to Brad. "I guess I should say 'Thank you'?"

He shrugs and just keeps staring down at me. I roll my eyes and shift my weight onto a different foot. Tash just stands beside me, picking at his nails, oblivious to anything else around him.

"So, Autum Flicka actually gets nervous." Brad states, still staring at me. I flick my eyes back to him.

"Only on certain things." I watch a smirk form on his lips.

"So, being afraid of a bunch of boys is one of them?" He asks. I get on my tip-toes and barely peek past his shoulder to see all of the boys talking to each other, then go back to being flat-footed.

"Yes." I say bluntly. He snorts but doesn't push it any further. The door on the other side of the gym slams shut and a man with a black beard and a clipboard walks over.

"I'm Mr. Sherman, your gym teacher. You will do what I say, when I say it. Everything you do in here qualifies as a grade, how fast you run and how many push-ups you can do. This isn't as such as an easy course as some of you may think." He speaks all official like, going into his big speech. When he finishes, he takes attendance and then assigns lockers to us. He tells me to go put a lock somewhere in the girls' locker room.

I saw the look on his face when he saw me. I guess he doesn't get too many girls to take gym again. I walk into the locker room and see a bunch of freshmen getting assigned to their lockers. A couple of them give me a weird look, but after that they ignore me. I walk to the very end of the locker room, a very secluded area where I could change without anyone talking or laughing. I could actually have some privacy. After choosing my locker, the bell rings and I walk to my next class.

Author's Note:
♠ ♠ ♠
A special thanks to all you commenters, and to the one's who just LOVE Autum. The truth about Autum is that she is a character based off of your's truly and a lot of the stunts and comments, dialouges, ect, were based soley on personal experience.

Shelby is also a real person (as to why she is a total bitch in here) and I don't really like the real person so I thought I would just write about her. she really is the same in real life as she is in here.

Trev, Shale, and Tash are figments of my imagination because they are awesome like that. Trev is one of my favorites besides Autum and Brad because he reminds me of Kelso from That's 70's Show sort of.

Brad is quarter-based off of a real person and 75-based off of my imagination because of his hotness. Yes, I think my own character is hot. I think he's my favorite out of my writings on the guys' part actually. His attitude is sort of a mixture of a person who I know (and don't really like) but then it sort of fits in with the plot because Brad and Autum are complete opposites.