Status: Mikayla here! A very special thank you to Halloweenlover!!! Se was the very first to comment on this story! *gives cookies*

The Average Adventures of the MiRiKi Household

Connections

"Mink! You're late for work!" Mink shot up in her bed at Kisa's voice. She threw on the nearest pair of scrubs, yanked her hands through her hair, and flew down the stairs.

"Kisa, where's Sora? I'm so late. Crap, crap, crap!" Mink ran around the house, gathering her things. "Wait a minute...why are you home?" She asked Kisa, who frowned.

"Well you know how Rin's car is in the shop? We were going to take a bike. You'd think with a two-seater bike she wouldn't forget me...Oh, and she had the kids ride along in a little carriage. She's taking them to work."

"Am I taking you to work?"

"Your scrubs are inside out."

"Damn it all!"
-------------------------------------------

"Mink, could you slow down a little?" Kisa asked fearfully. Mink shot her a look and lowered the spedometer to 90. Kisa tightened her seatbelt.

"Better?" Mink mumbled.

"Are you being posessed by Rin?"

"No. Why?"

"You're going to get pulled over." Mink scoffed.

"Kisa, I go through this road every day. There's never any cops around. I'm not going to get-" She was stopped short by the sound of a siren. "Damn it all!" Mink pulled over and sulked as she waited for the officer to approach.

Knock knock. Mink looked up, then smacked her forehead, which was sure to leave a mark. She rolled down the window, took a deep breath, and put on her best smile.

"Hey Mamoru!" She said happily.

"Again Mink?" he said with a smirk.

"What do you mean?" Mink asked, pretending to be confused. Mamoru's smirk fell.

"You were blatantly speeding for the second time in as many weeks, Mink."

"What're you talking about? No I wasn't." She said innocently. Now it was Mamoru's turn to be confused.

"Mink, yes you were. I just saw you." Mink raised an eyebrow.

"Mamoru, I can assure you I was not speeding. Do you need to get new glasses?"

"Well yeah, I'm going tomorrow actually- That's not my point! I just caught you speeding Mink!"

"No you didn't."

"Yes, I-"

"Nope." Mamoru narrowed his eyes.

"Mink Sugisaki."

"Mamoru Ito."

"Kisa Hiruki!" Came Kisa's voice. Mink and Mamoru looked at her. "Just trying to get in on the action." She said.

There was silence for a few moments. Then Mink sighed and rubbed at her eyes. When she looked at Mamoru again, she had on her best 'pretty-please-let-me-go' look. In other words, puppy-dog eyes.

"Mamoru, please." she said pathetically.

"Please what?"

"Please don't give me another ticket! Aren't we friends? Can't you just let me go?"

Mamoru smiled. "Mink, are you trying to use our friendship as a connection to get out of a speeding ticket?"

Mink nodded. "Yes. Yes I am."Oh God, she thought, I'm turning into Rin.

Mamoru though for a moment, before breaking out into a grin. "Fine. I'll let you go."

Mink smiled happily. "Thanks!! Now if you'll excuse me I'm late-"

"But only if you go to dinner with me."

"If I what?!"

"Do it!"

"You're not helping Kisa!" Mink glared at the man grinning down at her.

"I'll let you go if you go to dinner with me." He said slowly. Though still glaring, a light blush had creeped up onto Mink's features. Mamoru continued.

"Either that, or I'll have to give you a ticket."

"I'm not going to dinner! You're blackmailing me!"

Mamoru sighed dramatically, "Have it your way then. But you'll regret it later Mink."

"Whatever."
-----------------------------------
In the end, Mink got another speeding ticket and was still late for work. Rin thought the whole situation was hilarious, as did Kisa.

"C'mon Mink, just go to dinner with him!"

"It's only one dinner!"

"I mean, it's obvious you two have the hots for each other."

"You should have seen how red she got!"

"Ooh, maybe he can use those handcuffs on her sometime. You know, wink wink, nudge nudge."

"KNOCK IT OFF YOU TWO! Make your own damn dinners!"

"....Shit."

-Fin
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh, Mamoru is being quite bold, no?
Teehee :)
I hope y'all liked this. I had a blast writing it!
-Mikayla/Mink
PS: Mamoru's character information has been updated.