Status: Mikayla here! A very special thank you to Halloweenlover!!! Se was the very first to comment on this story! *gives cookies*

The Average Adventures of the MiRiKi Household

Magical Mink

The mission, to break into a house and retrieve documents. The thieves, Kisa and Rin. The obstacle in their way, a door. A door with no handle.

“What won’t it just open up! Rin screamed banging her shoulder into the door for the millionth time.

“Well why did you mess with the locks!?” Kisa yelled back trying all the keys from both of their key chains, on the regular lock and the dead bolt.

“But there’s no handle! It shouldn’t have worked!”

“Then what the hell did you do?”

“I don’t know,” Rin cried out hitting the door again. As hard as she could. “But we’re going to be late if we don’t get those papers. With the risk of Mink’s wrath,” she paused. “Let’s break the door down.”

“We can’t! If it comes to that we should just call Mink!”

NEVER! We’ll just break the door down and blame it on robbers! We can even hide stuff in the car if we must! It will be much easier.”

“Alright,” Kisa said doubtfully.

Both girls ran short distance away from the door. “On the count of three. One. Two. THREE!” they both charged the door using their shoulders to push it to no avail. Not even budging a bit they were pushed to the ground.

“Now this is personal!” Rin jumped up holding her injured shoulder, giving her best death kick to the door where the handle should be.

“Wait a minute,” an idea popped into Kisa’s head. “The garage! We haven’t tried the garage yet! Or the Backdoor!”

But we don’t have the keys for those!”

“We must still try!”

Kisa dashed for the backdoor, while Rin tried the garage.

“Locked,” Kisa shouted out of breath.

“Same here and why are you out of breath?”

“Um, well. I sort of ran the wrong way at first,” she smiled innocently.

‘How do you run the wrong way?’ Rin thought as she desperately looked around for an idea, when she noticed a very large ladder standing in the corner of the garage. “Kisa?”

She asked, “You don’t lock your window, right?”

“Only in the winter,” Kisa spoke softly, understanding what Rin was getting at.

“My window! We can climb through my window”

“Help me with the ladder.”

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Thirty minutes later Kisa was standing on top of the ladder with Rin holding the bottom in place for dear life. Using a pair of scissors Kisa was diligently sawing off the screen to get to the window.

Pulling up the driveway Mink completely ignored the two. Before Rin could even utter a warning, Mink magically popped the door open, carrying baby Sora inside.

“How the hell?” “Do not judge the almighty magic power of Mink. She knows all.”

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Making dinner Mink was quietly singing to Sora, Keeping the toddler entertained. As she turned around she saw Rin and Kisa bowing in front of her.

“Oh wise Mink. Please teach us your magic of door opening.” They chanted monotonously.

“Is that why you were breaking into Kisa’s room through the window?”

“We are oh so sorry about that, oh wise Mink! Please teach us so it may not happen again.”

Tired from work and unable to handle their madness, Mink waved them away saying, “You just pull on the part still inside the hole.”

“Really?” Kisa was the first to break from the bowing running over towards the door with Rin following.

“Oh my god! She’s right!”

“It was that easy?” Mink could here them making exited exclamations from the kitchen, as she shook her head and continued making dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
This unfortunately did happen. Much less drama and no daring attempt with a ladder. But still with that "how the hell did we miss that feeling"
~Kisa