Status: Comment!! Hope You Like it!!!! <3

More Than This

Chapter 14

The doctors gave me the green light once everything came back. I was not pregnant and I had received no sexually transmitted diseases from the man they were now putting in prison.

Jake took me home and we were soon entering the small house. Nothing could be heard, so Jake and I walked toward the kitchen. My dad sat there with his head facing the table, crying.

I’d never seen my dad cry before, not even when my mom passed away. He always used to leave whenever the water works would start.

“Hey, daddy,” I whispered, but he heard me loud and clear. His head jerked to the side and in no time he had me enveloped in the tightest bear hug.

“Oh, my peanut,” he cried softly. We stood there for quite sometime, just hugging. He eventually let go and stood up straighter. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too daddy,” I breathed through the tears that had found there way out. “I was so scared and I didn’t know if I’d ever see you again or Jake…and I just love you both so much.”

My dad smiled at me and hugged me once again, placing a kiss on the top of my head. “I love you too, Rosie.”

My dad, Jake and I spent hours in the kitchen talking. I found out Giselle was taking a nap and I tried to keep all the details of the kidnapping to a minimum. I didn’t need either of these hulking guys throwing a fit.

“Well, it looks like it’s time for this old man to go to bed,” my dad sighed while getting up out of the kitchen chair. “Jake, I never really got to truly thank you for getting my little girls back.”

Jake stood as well, slightly taller than my father, but with a kind smile. “It’s no big deal, John. I’d go to the ends of the Earth for these two.”

“I trust you would Jake. You make my daughter really happy and that makes me happy my boy, so welcome to the family,” they shared a manly hug and soon it was just Jake and I in the tiny kitchen.

“He’s never said that to any guy, I’ve ever dated,” I said to Jake once he sat back down.

“It’s good to know that your dad likes me and Giselle. But what I really want to know is how you feel,” he said lacing his fingers through mine.

“I never thought I’d be able to function again after everything that’s happened to me, but with you Jake I feel like nothing bad is truly going to happen, ‘cuz you’re always going to be there. For me and Giselle,” I summarized. “Oh and I love you…a lot…yup.”

“Good, ‘cuz I love you too.” He leaned in and placed his warm lips on mine and I fell into that place of pure bliss.

***********************************************************************************************************

Things had been going good again. It’s been a total of two and a half weeks since I got back from the hospital. Giselle easily went back into her routine and everyone seemed to be happy.

Except for the nightmares I kept having. Some involved Brayden, but most had a figure whose face I couldn’t see. All the nightmares were in different places, but the same thing would happen. Jake would hand me Giselle and then would be killed by the figure and I could do nothing to stop it.

Most nights I’d wake up screaming. Lucky for me, Giselle was a deep sleeper. My dad came in every night and tried to console me as the tears came out in torrents.

That’s what led to today’s discussion.

“Rosie, I’m worried about you,” my dad said from his spot at the kitchen table. Giselle had taken Jake out into the living room to watch Hannah Montana.

“There’s nothing to be worried about,” I seethed, not meaning to sound so rude, but the lack of sleep was definitely getting to me.

“I don’t know what to do anymore, Rosalie,” he whispered sounding defeated.

“Daddy,” I whispered back, tears immediately prickling my eyes.

“I think you should stay with Jake. I’ve noticed whenever he stays over-yes I know he comes over-anyway, whenever he stays the night with you, there isn’t a single scream from your room,” my dad said. “I’ll watch Giselle. Peanut, I just want you to be okay.”

“You can stay with me Rose,” Jake said loudly, startling me. I hadn’t realized he came into the kitchen. Giselle ran in, plopping herself down on my lap.

“Ellie, you and me are gonna have a party tonight. With popcorn and will watch The Princess and the Frog,” my dad said which caused Giselle to squeal and run to him, giving him a huge hug.

“Are Mommy and Jakey gonna go to the party too?” Giselle asked sweetly.

“Nope, there going to spend some time together,” my dad said trying to explain what was going on to the little, innocent four-year old girl sitting on his lap.

“Oh, okay,” she shrugged easily.

“Come give Mommy a hug, sweetie,” I whispered and she happily obliged. “I love you baby.”

“I love you too, Mommy,” she replied and then turned to give Jake a hug. He picked her up and they shared a tight embrace. “Love you too, Dad-Jakey.”

“I love you so much Ellie-bellie,” Jake resounded earnestly.

“Go pack up your bag Rose and I’ll see you tomorrow,” my dad ordered trying to sound strong. I went over and hugged him tightly.

“I love you Daddy,” I whispered.

“Love you to the moon and back, peanut,” he responded. He let go and I left to pack my back for the night. Before I went up the stairs though, I heard my dad giving Jake a rundown of what to do and not to do.

I straightforwardly packed pajamas and clothes for tomorrow and then headed back down the stairs. Jake was shaking my dad’s hand and then he placed a peck on the top of Giselle’s head. He turned to me and smiled brightly; grabbing the bag I was carrying.

“See you two tomorrow,” I called before exiting the house and received a chorus of ‘bye’s’.

“Jake where’s your car?” I questioned looking for his rabbit.

“I ran here,” he said sheepishly with a boyish smile lighting up his features.

“Oh okay, well we can take my car,” I said walking to my car, but was soon stopped by an overly-warm hand.

“You can ride me,” he said slyly, double meaning in his words.

“Jacob Black, was that a sexual innuendo?” I questioned in faux-shock.

“I don’t know, do you want it to be?” he questioned with a smirk.

“Maybe, Mr. Black, just maybe, but for now we should take my car,” I replied with my own smirk.

“Hmm, I like maybe’s.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the long wait...It's quite difficult to write with a sprained wrist and my boyfriend's been home for spring break so I've been spending 95% of my time with him...I never get to see him anymore since he's at Cornell and I'm stuck here in Jersey...booooo...but I love him so it's okay!! Lol...

Anywho here's a link to Rose's outfit in the beginning and here's a link to her outfit toward the end of the chapter!!

Please continue to subscribe and comment!! I <3 COMMENTS & ALL OF YOU!!!